mutu gets a 7 month slap on the wrists

mutu got a 7 month ban fair????????????
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thats fair enough but it just shows how unfair rio's ban was.
    The opinions expressed above are not those of my family, my church or myself,
    but they are the opinions of Humphrey Bogart as revealed to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Dr.Samuel L. Jackson

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not really. If you had a lesser ban for missing a test than failing one nobody who knew they would fail would do it..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't think there should be bans for non-performance enhancing drugs. chelseas are entitled to sack him for using drugs, but its his own private life, dunno why its the FA or anyone else's business.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i thought fifa had signed up to the international olympic commitees automatic 2 year ban for drugs

as for performance inhancing, surely if u are suffering from stress/depression and take coke to make u feel better, u are still benefitting from it

footballers know the rules about drugs

i do feel sorry for him though, but he took the risk
    Followin Our Own Teams In Eire

theres no cure for the League of Ireland bug. spread it :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i feel sorry for him myself and i dont think that 7 months is enough of a deterrent for other people not to do it, in fact its possible that it may help his career as he is now a free agent and even though it looked like he wouldnt play under mourinho he has now got himself available on a free transfer

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    feel sorry for him?

I'm sure he appreciates it

Nothing to do with FIFA or anyone else. It's a matter for himself (and the cops, if it goes in that direction). Like it or not, coke is a modern day equivalent to the binge drinking that went on in football years ago i.e. its not performance enhancing. When it starts affecting a player's game then the club have aright to dump him but who the hell is anyone else to tell him what to do in his private time?
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yur man
    as for performance inhancing, surely if u are suffering from stress/depression and take coke to make u feel better, u are still benefitting from it
    Holy ****, do you really think that? By that logic doing anything that makes him feel good (not depressed) is performance enhancing. He takes his mot out for slap up nosh, a few drinks and they have a nice early night. Gets up the next day for training walking on air. But (OH NO!!) FIFA are waiting for him to see if he's had some 'performance enhancing' fun last night. Get real.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    I don't think there should be bans for non-performance enhancing drugs. chelseas are entitled to sack him for using drugs, but its his own private life, dunno why its the FA or anyone else's business.
    i completely disagree. I mean, this guy's in the public eye, he's a man supposed to be setting an example for kids, this man is a PROFESSIONAL. if you can't BE a professional, then get the fcuk out of the game. He deserved far more than a 7 month ban i can tell you
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I really do think he should have gotten the 2 year ban, no matter what he's doing to atone for it. 7 months is nothing, some injuries have kept players out for longer. It would set a precedent and discourage any other players from doing the same thing.

As I understand it as well, he can sign for a club now, earn wages while training, but not playing and come back in top physical condition next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    Agree totally, if it doesn't enhance his performance then it's none of the FA's business and they should no have the right to ban him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    i completely disagree. I mean, this guy's in the public eye, he's a man supposed to be setting an example for kids, this man is a PROFESSIONAL. if you can't BE a professional, then get the fcuk out of the game. He deserved far more than a 7 month ban i can tell you
    So what if he's in the public eye?
    I mean what about all the various rock stars and so on who take loads of drugs? They're in the public eye aswell but people almost applauded them for taking these substances because it's part of the cool rock and roll lifestyle and all that bullsh!t.

If he took a drug to enhance his performance, I'd say ban the cnut straight away but if it's a drug that didn't have anything to do with football I think it's a bit unfair.
    Chelsea are more than entitled to sack him for bringing the club into disrepute or whatever but the FA shouldnt be involved imo.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what makes him different from a pop star or even a teacher or something who does this in their spare time? Nobody knew anything about it until the whole thing went to the papers- because of the drugs test.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so basically your argument is it's ok to take drugs in sport, just as long as they don't enhance your performance? that's ******
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so basically your argument is it's ok to take drugs in sport, just as long as they don't enhance your performance? that's ******
    I agree with Éanna and Colm here. It's not Mutu's fault that football is now a 'celebrity' sport-what if teaching or even accounting became 'celebrity' industries. We'd all be saying 'Oh it's terrible for poor :insert name: that his every move is analysed, etc. People who cite footballers' wages in these sorts of cases are stupid-this is nothing to do with money, the guy clearly has a problem. He needs help, not persecution.

Rio deserved his ban-he @rsed the FA around for a while, whereas Mutu has come out straight away and admitted that he has a problem. Fair Play. Rio, who appears to think he's some sort of gangster or Don, showed blatant disregard for the drug testing schemes, and the evidence against him was staggering.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    no, I never said it was ok. I just think that footballers should have the same right to privacy that other people in other jobs do, provided they don't do this kind of thing in public. and as I said, if it affects their work, then the club is entitled to sack them, if its in their contract

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    AFAIK Cocaine is not part of WADA drugs list so 7 months is fair enough.

Rio Ferdinand should have got 2 year automatic ban for refusing to take test as it should be treated as if caught with steroids.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Rio Ferdinand should have got 2 year automatic ban for refusing to take test as it should be treated as if caught with steroids.
    IMO he should've got the same ban as other footballers in England that missed tests in the months preceding....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    AFAIK Cocaine is not part of WADA drugs list so 7 months is fair enough.

C'mon the guy had to go shopping! Have a bit of perspective.