Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor Hourihane M Derby b.1991

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    I was in my fcuk breaking rules. Reported for false accusations and abuse of power.
    Are you Maria Bailey coz ya sound full of the Baileys !

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Are you Maria Bailey coz ya sound full of the Baileys !
    Atleast I don’t make false accusations... just because I can’t find one in the comment of the person I want to accuse...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    I was in my fcuk breaking rules. Reported for false accusations and abuse of power.
    There's that wonderful attitude again.

Now, Conor Hourihane is a great player isn't he? Good to see him in Premiership next year.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Now, Conor Hourihane is a great player isn't he? Good to see him in Premiership next year.
    John McGinn too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    John McGinn too.
    He plays for that flop nation right?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Definitely good news for Ireland and Hourihane, and as for Whelan - the comeback kid? Always thought he did a better unobserved job in midfield than a lot of his detractors did - 'marking' space, cutting off runs, the kind of unrewarding stuff that allows team mates to do their jobs. Not sure Hogan will make it into either club's 25 man squad, but we live in hope.
    From what I saw, he was playing a lot deeper, almost in the Whelan role. Worth thinking about as an option there as Whelan wont be around for ever, and we may want to accommodate Connell or Crowley.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    From what I saw, he was playing a lot deeper, almost in the Whelan role.
    Yes he was and played well there too. Dean Smith was asked if it was a difficult choice between the two afterwards. He complimented both players but said Hourihane's influence in turning the semi final in Villa's direction swung it for him.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    I was watching the other playoff final and Josh Cullen seemed to be doing a good deep/central role too. Nothing flash, but keeping the ball moving always. I’d say he might look better suited to that position than Hourihane. Hourihane looked lost when played deep by O’Neill and I think he has something more positive to offer in the opponent’s half.

Hourihane definitely played deeper yesterday and did nothing wrong but he was less obviously impressive than in the semi-final and at other times this season when he played higher up the pitch. A UK paper (The Times?) did a tactical analysis of Smith’s management at the weekend and they showed a picture of 6 players ahead of the ball as an example of their commitment to positive football. I’d say Smith thought being more conservative yesterday was a better approach.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Yes he was and played well there too. Dean Smith was asked if it was a difficult choice between the two afterwards. He complimented both players but said Hourihane's influence in turning the semi final in Villa's direction swung it for him.
    Thought of Hourihane as an average to slightly above avearage player. But I have to say he played wonderfully well for Villa at Wembley yesterday. He broke up more than a couple of Derby attacks and distributed the ball brilliantly. Top marks to him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Surprised that Hourihane's own thread hasn't been commented on since May. Seems to be really enjoying the Carabao Cup, scoring his third in two games tonight: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49736853

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Surprised that Hourihane's own thread hasn't been commented on since May. Seems to be really enjoying the Carabao Cup, scoring his third in two games tonight: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49736853
    Hes a nice player but like so many Irish midfielders before him he seems to hide too often rather than demanding the ball. Doesnt generate much excitement so that probably why this thread is a bit quiet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Connolly was obviously the big news today and rightly so, but Hourihane is hitting some form at the right time for us, a goal, an assist and won a penalty against Norwich today in a 5-1 win.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts

Goal and assist v the Slovak keeper I think?

Should have had a second assist really.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 25/11/2019 at 11:03 PM.

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    He was really good last night. Set piece deliveries were excellent but he was good in open play too. Villa’s second was from a ball that was whipped straight across the 6 yard box (the corridor of uncertainty as Crafty likes to call it) and it was attached by a Villa player. Very similar to a ball against Denmark that nobody from either team got a touch to. Villa were nicely balanced. Grealish involved in everything. If he could shoot he’d have had 3 on the night. He was a big loss to us, bigger than Rice by a long way I’d say (© SkStu).

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    He was really good last night. Set piece deliveries were excellent but he was good in open play too. Villa’s second was from a ball that was whipped straight across the 6 yard box (the corridor of uncertainty as Crafty likes to call it) and it was attached by a Villa player. Very similar to a ball against Denmark that nobody from either team got a touch to. Villa were nicely balanced. Grealish involved in everything. If he could shoot he’d have had 3 on the night. He was a big loss to us, bigger than Rice by a long way I’d say (© SkStu).
    Let's start a Bring Back Jack campaign! Lobby FIFA for an amendment to the one-switch rule, so that those who make a dumb switch, just because the media and international manager of the team they go to get all dizzy about a few impressive performances, but then spend years without making their senior debut, can return to the international set-up they played underage for.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Could be set for a run in the Villa first team with McGinn out with a broken ankle for three months
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Excellent finish for his third league goal of the season and seventh overall - great time for him to be settling in at Premier League level - let's hope he can carry his form into the play-off games in March

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Starts again today, can be a real game changer with another excellent goal mid week, an essential player to have in the squad

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Another Hourihane delivery leading to the winning goal for Villa tonight. Three vital assists in three from him as their unlikely Lazarus act gathers seven points from the last nine.

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Another Hourihane delivery leading to the winning goal for Villa tonight. Three vital assists in three from him as their unlikely Lazarus act gathers seven points from the last nine.
    Lovely delivery and deserved an assist but the Premier League's site has credited Tyrone Mings with it. Still, he's on five assists for the season, just one behind Grealish, and has those three league goals, just four behind top scorer Grealish. Let's hope Villa can stay up because, overall, that's a reasonable first season for a player who spent nine seasons climbing the ladder all the way from League Two and I'd love to see him get a second season there. If he can up his game a couple of notches at international level, as he keeps managing to do at club level, he'll be a handy asset for the next couple of campaigns.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast