Thread: johnny no fans

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

johnny no fans

are there no rovers fans on this site?
    With all the positive things happening there at the moment I would have thought there would be a bit more activity here. Where do they all post?
    Looks like exciting times ahead at rovers. Maybe the official site will liven up a bit too - its pretty dead at the moment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thers nothing positive happening at Rovers. even the supposed tallaght good news is a smokescreen from the board. see www.srfcultras.com for all the gory "real" details

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    thers nothing positive happening at Rovers. even the supposed tallaght good news is a smokescreen from the board. see www.srfcultras.com for all the gory "real" details

They always put out a "good news" story before a bad one. To-day is a bad day for Shamrock Rovers as bad as the day Kilcoyne pulled the ground from under our feet. They can bleat all they want about him being a free agent but what hapened to "my word is my bond". Is their no morality left in football. Tony Maguire is as guilty as Collins in this regard. If Rovers hadn't got the money (if they even have it) would Collins have gone. I think he actually forgot to read the small print and the picture isn't a srosy as he thinks.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    anto eile,the ultras forum isn't working on www.srfcultras.com anymore- try either going to www.srfcultras.net and hit the forum link, or try here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What Rovers need most of all (apart from a pitch) is strong, positive and respected management both at board level and on the football side - they haven't got it; and the Collins move is probably the worst possible oneas the last thing they need is a spiv at the helm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onceahoop
    They always put out a "good news" story before a bad one. To-day is a bad day for Shamrock Rovers as bad as the day Kilcoyne pulled the ground from under our feet. They can bleat all they want about him being a free agent but what hapened to "my word is my bond". Is their no morality left in football. Tony Maguire is as guilty as Collins in this regard. If Rovers hadn't got the money (if they even have it) would Collins have gone. I think he actually forgot to read the small print and the picture isn't a srosy as he thinks.
    No offense but that is utter garbage. Roddy hadnt signed a contract so Rovers were well within their rights to talk to him. We have been royally ****ed over before and didnt create the moanfest seery has created.

Morals?! Are you joking? There are no morals in this country and if any league has no morals it is this one. Look at the absolute gamgsters in charge of clubs over the years from scum kilcoyne to ollie and you talk about morals!Geoghegan and Byrne signed for shels in 94 while under contract with us. Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I think Noel Synnott broke his ankle and this forced the hand of the Rovers board to go out and get Roddy. I thought Synnott would have went when Liam Buckley was sacked.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Morals?! Are you joking? There are no morals in this country and if any league has no morals it is this one. Look at the absolute gamgsters in charge of clubs over the years from scum kilcoyne to ollie and you talk about morals!Geoghegan and Byrne signed for shels in 94 while under contract with us. Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........
    Yeah I agree.
    I actually can't believe the flak Rovers are getting over this considering some of the 'antics' that the likes of Ollie Byrne and Seery to a lesser extent get up to.
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dead on

How Seery City can complain with the way he runs his ego project is beyond me
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No offense but that is utter garbage. Roddy hadnt signed a contract so Rovers were well within their rights to talk to him. We have been royally ****ed over before and didnt create the moanfest seery has created.

KOH
    Does tha fact that "there are no morals in this country" make it right what happened. If we can't have some sort of parameters or morals around how we conduct our business then we can all fold our tent and watch the free for all end in chaos.
    Last edited by onceahoop; 06/11/2004 at 8:23 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

johnny no fans

If the so called leading clubs in the country cannot behave in an ethical manner there is no hope for the game . No wonder the FAI is in turmoil. More back stabbers than Saturday night outside a nightclub in Dublin and one in Limerick combined ! But going into debt and having your football ground sold out from under you does not appear to prevent people being elected president of the FAI.

As regards Dublin City being professional , paying your players week in and week out and not issuing rubber cheques is I suppose a very amateurish way to conduct your business. And I suppose, not signing players you cannot afford is also a crime. Living within your means is clearly a crime in football.

And shafting smaller clubs when you have no ground of your own....yet is at best not wise, at worst shooting yourself in the foot ! Till you have a home of your own , you should not **** on your fellow clubs.. if ever!

As regards tapping players ROvers have been doing this since the 1920's. One only has to think back to 1985 when half the Bohs team ended up at Rovers.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well said collegetillidie!
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hahahaha. fu cked if i'm reading all the crap in that thread, but what a class title!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    If the so called leading clubs in the country cannot behave in an ethical manner there is no hope for the game . No wonder the FAI is in turmoil. More back stabbers than Saturday night outside a nightclub in Dublin and one in Limerick combined ! But going into debt and having your football ground sold out from under you does not appear to prevent people being elected president of the FAI.

As regards Dublin City being professional , paying your players week in and week out and not issuing rubber cheques is I suppose a very amateurish way to conduct your business. And I suppose, not signing players you cannot afford is also a crime. Living within your means is clearly a crime in football.

And shafting smaller clubs when you have no ground of your own....yet is at best not wise, at worst shooting yourself in the foot ! Till you have a home of your own , you should not **** on your fellow clubs.. if ever!

As regards tapping players ROvers have been doing this since the 1920's. One only has to think back to 1985 when half the Bohs team ended up at Rovers.
    Am very surprised at your sudden anti Rovers pro CHF drive. I repeat there are no morals or ethics in the game. Dont be conned by this **** seery. They are being propped up by him and his cronies because they have no income. No fans = no club. We didnt shaft any club. Get real. For the billionth time Roddy had no written contract. And as regards tapping players EVERY club does it. Get over it.

KOH

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

johnny no fans

NY Hoop

I am not anti-Rovers, at all. I am as pleased as anyone can be about the developments regarding the investment and it finally looks like you are going to be playing in Tallaght sometime before we are all dead!
    With the Luas running now no-one in Dublin has an excuse for missing away games against the Hoops... What I had and continue to have a problem with is the perception that is perfectly Ok to schitt on so called smaller clubs!

Not content with tapping players while they are still in contract it seems everything and everyone seems to be fair game as far as the so called bigger clubs are concered. With rumours of one CEO being on his way to Tolka Park next season to beat the band. Hopefully that last one is untrue.

Dublin City have a right to exist. They were promoted fairly and squarely last season and if they do go down it will be on merit.

But this episode is despicable. If for no other reason other than common courtesy Rovers Chairman should have told Ronan Seery that Collins was being signed by them. Collins chickened out of telling Seery where he was going. So all in all Rovers come out of this with very little credit.

Leaving a sinking ship to one that is holed and treading water is baffling.

P.S. Get well soon Pat Dunne

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........

KOH
    Lets put that one straight for a start. We had signed the deal on Tolka at the end of the last season, because of the Uefa licence. Rovers came a couple of weeks before the start of the new season, looking for Dublin City to move out. No one wanted Rovers as a tenant, because of your $cumbag fans & your boards reputation for paying no one.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    NY Hoop

I am not anti-Rovers, at all. I am as pleased as anyone can be about the developments regarding the investment and it finally looks like you are going to be playing in Tallaght sometime before we are all dead!
    With the Luas running now no-one in Dublin has an excuse for missing away games against the Hoops... What I had and continue to have a problem with is the perception that is perfectly Ok to schitt on so called smaller clubs!

Not content with tapping players while they are still in contract it seems everything and everyone seems to be fair game as far as the so called bigger clubs are concered. With rumours of one CEO being on his way to Tolka Park next season to beat the band. Hopefully that last one is untrue.

Dublin City have a right to exist. They were promoted fairly and squarely last season and if they do go down it will be on merit.

But this episode is despicable. If for no other reason other than common courtesy Rovers Chairman should have told Ronan Seery that Collins was being signed by them. Collins chickened out of telling Seery where he was going. So all in all Rovers come out of this with very little credit.

Leaving a sinking ship to one that is holed and treading water is baffling.

P.S. Get well soon Pat Dunne
    Its not necessarily ****ting on smaller clubs. ALL clubs get it. We were tapped for judas grant last season while he was under contract. I'm sure every club has a similar story. Yet we didnt start a huge moanfest over it.

On another point CHF have no right to exist IMO. How the league can let in another Dublin club when the 5 there already are struggling for support is beyond me. I repeat no fans = no club.

Common courtesy in a league with ollie byrne. Hope you're joking.

As regards seery's whining he is beginning to sound like the aforementioned convict. Christ he wanted to suspend their last 3 games! I have never heard anything so ridiculous. This from a guy who talks about morals and ethics. Tell that to Martin Bayly who he fired after 3 games a few seasons back. In the home farm days he was barred from the bar in tolka. What an utterly deluded idiot.

A draw tonight and bye bye to bad rubbish. NOBODY will miss them. BTW congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Foot.ie!

KOH, it must be absolutely terrible to go around all the time bearing this massive persecution complex.The fact of the matter is that ye are the most hated club in the country by a mile, primarily down to a particular element of bad fans, but also because of the despotic attitudes over the years of ye're many different boards of directors.The decision as to how many dublin clubs there are in the EL is not down to you, so get off your high horse and stop denying clubs the right to exist. You have no right to do so, especially as Rovers have gone cap in hand to people themselves for long enough, and should not be in existence themselves today if they practiced what they preached.

Is Shoddy Collins going to attract fans?? I doubt it very much. Is the way ye conduct ye're business affairs going to endear new fans to the club?? I doubt it very much.

And I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On another point CHF have no right to exist IMO. How the league can let in another Dublin club when the 5 there already are struggling for support is beyond me. I repeat no fans = no club.
    A draw tonight and bye bye to bad rubbish. NOBODY will miss them. BTW congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.

KOH
    1) Dublin City have no right to exist? what reasons
    2)There isn't any clubs trying to get into the league
    3)congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans. LOL

We won't be going anywhere , if were in The First division, were still part of the league. The league needs two divisions to survive, it makes it interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    3)congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.
    I think the sarcasm has flown right over your head on this one Ringo....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast