Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: johnny no fans

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Snap ! The perfect match. The most hated manager in the league, goes to the club with the most hated supporters in the league, where all are presided over by a board of directors who have proven in the past weeks that they are lacking any form of integrity or morals whatsoever.
    What a combination. I have no doubt that the genuine old Shamrock Rover supporters, and the clubs legendary old stars, must now realise that the only thing which can preserve the clubs good name and reputation is for this shower of thugs to change their title to Tallagh United.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They say like always attracts like,this sayin was never more true concerning roddy collins joining rovers.There well matched for each other.If after a season collins doesnt win anything,he'l probably just walk out anyway.He's a coward!
    After all,theres not many managers that talk about another/better job on the day of an appointment of a new job.Who does he think he is?He'l never manage the ireland team,i've as much a chance

scumbags attract scumbags i guess!!..................
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.
    Yes, this league should contain more clubs like Dublin City (and Limerick), and less like Shamrock Rovers - it would be so much better then
    Ireland: Discovered!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    KOH, it must be absolutely terrible to go around all the time bearing this massive persecution complex.The fact of the matter is that ye are the most hated club in the country by a mile, primarily down to a particular element of bad fans, but also because of the despotic attitudes over the years of ye're many different boards of directors.The decision as to how many dublin clubs there are in the EL is not down to you, so get off your high horse and stop denying clubs the right to exist. You have no right to do so, especially as Rovers have gone cap in hand to people themselves for long enough, and should not be in existence themselves today if they practiced what they preached.

Is Shoddy Collins going to attract fans?? I doubt it very much. Is the way ye conduct ye're business affairs going to endear new fans to the club?? I doubt it very much.

And I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.
    Major shock that you, observer and terryphelan are on here. I dont have a persecution complex. That would be seery. Its you lot with your anti Rovers obsession. Tell me if it rains is that Rovers fans, Rovers directors or Roddys fault? Grow up and get out more.

I never said the decision on how many clubs in the league was down to me. DOH! I was merely giving my opinion. I would say you being a limerick fan should get off your high horse. Like in the 80s ye never had trouble.

Is shoddy going to attract fans? Absolutely. There was probably an extra few hundred on the gate friday just to see him fail. How sad is that btw? The man is a publicity machine. Maybe he will walk out next year but we wont be whinging and moaning if he does. Thats why we are trying to get him to sign a contract.

Just shows your ignorance if you think we have a "thousand or more scumbags". Yet you claim that the scumbags are in a minority.

KOH

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

johny no fans

To be fair here

The problem is that at most clubs inside the country and overseas... the scumbags are the first supporters to trail off and stop coming to matches when the results go pear shaped.

The handful of scumbags who follow Rovers, are a lot more loyal than your average EL scumbag supporter of other clubs. SO they have continued to turn up at matches even during this long losing streak.

The other problem is many people at Rovers know who the scumbag fans are and successive boards have not taken erffective action to stop them dragging their clubs name through the mud

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Arguably the present Rovers board have done more in the last 2 weeks to drag the clubs name through the mud then all the thugs and scumbags who masquerade as supporters could ever achieve.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

johnny no fans

Observer

Could not have put it any better myself!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by observer
    Arguably the present Rovers board have done more in the last 2 weeks to drag the clubs name through the mud then all the thugs and scumbags who masquerade as supporters could ever achieve.
    Garbage as usual. It's been the ONLY good thing thr board have done and AGAIN they did nothing illegal. As Roddy said "It's great waking up each morning in the knowledge that I'm managing the most famous club in the 32 counties".

In footballing terms he's gone from aldershot to Juventus. Would you turn down a promotion in your work?

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    AGAIN they did nothing illegal.
    With Hoop on this one, Roddy wasn't under contract at DCFC so was perfectly entitled to walk. It mightn't have shown Roddy himself in the best light, but Rovers did nothing wrong.

Seery getting on his high horse afterwards (while at the same time alledgedly approaching a Kildare County player who was under contract to sign him) smacks of Double standards and sour grapes.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Double standards and sour grapes.[/QUOTE]

In this league?! In Ireland?!! NEVER EVER

KOH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In footballing terms he's gone from aldershot to Juventus. KOH
    Juventus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Juventus
    Slightly OTT alright yet I notice you didn't argue with Aldershot comparison.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yeah, I think we're being a little too disrespectful to Aldershot in compairing them to CHF!
    Ireland: Discovered!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    NY's point is valid in that Home Farm and UCD were only admitted into the league because of their links with the FAI. Having four clubs in the capital is pushing it, six is a joke. Why not go back to the old days of Reds United, Rathmines, Jacobs etc?

Anyway, NY Hoop, Manic, WAR, there's no point in arguing with people's whose only reply is, 'Rovers fans are scum'. It's completely mindless and shows not even a basic understanding of SRFC.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive
    NY's point is valid in that Home Farm and UCD were only admitted into the league because of their links with the FAI. Having four clubs in the capital is pushing it, six is a joke. Why not go back to the old days of Reds United, Rathmines, Jacobs etc?

Anyway, NY Hoop, Manic, WAR, there's no point in arguing with people's whose only reply is, 'Rovers fans are scum'. It's completely mindless and shows not even a basic understanding of SRFC.
    Home Farm were admitted to the League because the once great Drumcondra were incapable of running their affairs off the field properly in 1972. Sam Prole sold Tolka to Home Farm and in their first season they were called Home Farm-Drumcondra.

U.C.D. were admitted to the League in 1979 because the once great Cork Celtic were incapable of running their affairs properly.

There are 6 clubs in Dublin for one simple reason . According to the 2002 Census ;One third of the Population of Ireland live in Dublin. And 6/22 is less than one third of the Clubs in the League. So the ratio is about right.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    There are 6 clubs in Dublin for one simple reason . According to the 2002 Census ;One third of the Population of Ireland live in Dublin. And 6/22 is less than one third of the Clubs in the League. So the ratio is about right.

i take it that census wasn't taken at the weekend.......
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    i take it that census wasn't taken at the weekend.......
    actually it was taken on a Sunday night April 29 2002 if I recall correctly, so all the mullahs would have been back in Dublin after the weekend

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Max power

Besides there will soon only be 5 teams in Dublin, when Rovers move to Tallaght( capital of South COUNTY Dublin ) they will become another country team
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 21/11/2004 at 10:05 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Forget stats 5 capital teams is more than enough. There simply are not enough players or fans around. Look at jokeshop fc, sorry CHF or whatever they are calling themselves this season. Yesterday they had about 10 fans seriously. That is criminal. They should not be in the league full stop.

KOH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Forget stats 5 capital teams is more than enough. There simply are not enough players or fans around. Look at jokeshop fc, sorry CHF or whatever they are calling themselves this season. Yesterday they had about 10 fans seriously. That is criminal. They should not be in the league full stop.

KOH
    at the end of the day thepublic will decide. The amount of fans there from shamrock Scumbags was Pathetic. The fact the DCFC had to hire extra Stewerts & The amount of Gardai was Criminal. You need to sort yourselves out, your giving soccer a bad name. The costs of keeping you animals in your cages is costing the league & the clubs too much. Any wonder everyone hates you & your lying scumbag manager. What was he like , with his bodyguard,pathetic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast