Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baraclough gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Coleman confirmed:

Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Rovers
    Sligo Rovers are pleased to confirm John Coleman as the club’s new manager.The 51-year-old joins with assistant Jimmy Bell to form the new Rovers managerial team and will be presented to the media and supporters at a question and answer evening at the Clarion Hotel in Sligo on Sunday at 6pm. All supporters are welcome to attend.
    Coleman is a former manager of Accrington Stanley, Rochdale and Southport in England.
    He led Accrington to the Football League in a near 13-year spell in charge of the club, which at the time was the third longest in England.
    Coleman was one of the most prolific non-league goalscorers during his playing career, netting over 500 goals over almost two decades.
    Bell has previously worked with Coleman at all three clubs and has also been part of the backroom team at Port Vale.
    They join Rovers on a rolling contract.
    Coleman said: “Sligo Rovers have had unbridled success over several seasons and I see an opportunity to try to keep the club at that high level.
    “The first target is to try to get up the table and challenge for the European places because that is paramount.
    “We have to get impetus. Sometimes a season can hit a flat spot and I firmly believe that with hard work we can grow during this campaign and also achieve things as well. We have good players here and I want to get the best out of them.
    “It’s a well-run club and it’s run by the town. The people care about the club and you want them to feel it and get behind you. That has attracted me to Sligo Rovers.
    “I feel I will bring passion, good coaching, organisation and a style and ethos to play on the front foot that I hope the fans will enjoy.
    “I’ve worked with Jimmy for many years and we’ve known each other for a long time. I believe we make a great partnership .
    “We begin work immediately in preparation for Drogheda and the European matches as well. We don’t just want to play in a round of Europe. We want progress and an extended period time of European football for the town to savour in big games in The Showgrounds.”
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Never heard of this guy.

Just on The previous mgt team, I still think it was a little harsh on IB, but when I looked at the free kick challenge on Soccer Rep a few weeks ago and spotted Gary Stevens doing a handstand, I just thought this guy is a pure joker and what exactly is he adding.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=avvenalaf;1761420]Where the F does this notion come from?[/QUOTE

Comes from a lad who was playing pre season with them who left because of it.
    Ever wonder why players who Sligo have signed in the past two years disimproved after going there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    An interesting appointment. There are good guys at the top in Sligo and I think they know the difference between a spoofer and a good man. They hired Cooke who was on the verge of reaping the rewards from his very good side.
    IB won a league fai cup and setanta cup too.

Normally I would urge caution and say be careful what you wish for but I reckon the Sligo board know what they are looking for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;1761438]
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Where the F does this notion come from?[/QUOTE

Ever wonder why players who Sligo have signed in the past two years disimproved after going there?
    I don't think any of them have "disimproved". They were just never that good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Funny how its the provincial clubs that 'drinking culture' is most associated with. Under the microscope or are players based in the capital just consumate professionals.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    More eyes on you in Dublin maybe? I have no idea if it's true, mind. God knows there've been a few Rovers players over the years who were fond of a jar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Sure there was a huge booze culture when Cook was at the club too but people forgot all about it when we were playing the best football in the league and winning cups.

9. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    More eyes on you in Dublin maybe? I have no idea if it's true, mind. God knows there've been a few Rovers players over the years who were fond of a jar.
    More gossip down the country though?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Would have thought it'd be a lot easier to get away with it in Dublin to be honest given the number of places they could go to.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    It wouldn't be noticed in Dublin due to the size and not everyone would be familiar with loi. I can only speak from a dfc perspective but it must feel like living in a goldfish bowl for the lads who live in town. Under king Kenny I must say there is little or no rumours but under smc and especially blackie Connors rumours were rife of players boozing or if someone saw them on the street they would assume they would be out on the ****.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;1761438]
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Where the F does this notion come from?[/QUOTE

I presume he is now setting the world alight at some club full of pioneers?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Playing football as far as I know with a club that wont put up with post training drinkimg sessions.So that should narrow it down.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Oh, playing GAA with Dublin?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Somebody isn't impressed by this decision: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30391774.html

No byline on it.

"The decision to get rid of Ian Baraclough, the most successful manager in the club's history, is one of such mind-boggling imbecility and ignorance it beggars belief."
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Somebody isn't impressed by this decision: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30391774.html

No byline on it.

"The decision to get rid of Ian Baraclough, the most successful manager in the club's history, is one of such mind-boggling imbecility and ignorance it beggars belief."
    Pretty sure it's Eamonn Sweeney. Somebody who got the print edition should be able to confirm. Awful melodramatic nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

No byline on it.

A bit over the top
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    It's always weird when people get more attached to individuals than the club itself. Happens a lot though!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    It's always weird when people get more attached to individuals than the club itself. Happens a lot though!
    We had the same thing when the club didn't renew John Gills contract after he got us up

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Pretty sure it's Eamonn Sweeney. Somebody who got the print edition should be able to confirm. Awful melodramatic nonsense.
    yep lads it was in Eamonn's column!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast