Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches 13 June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I saw the video footage after the game. I'd hold off on criticising McMillan until you see it.
    Fair enough.I wasn't aware that a vid was available.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Wow. Sounds mental.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Nice guys.Wonder if Windymill Warrior was involved?
    Roddy was waiting in the car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I saw the video footage after the game. I'd hold off on criticising McMillan until you see it.
    Whatever about Foran making a meal if it, McMillan had no need to go up to him after the free was awarded. He should have just walked away but his stupidity cost us. Considering Hoban is injured he really blew his chance of nailing down the front spot.
    That was some De Jong effort by Oman. He couldn't complain about the red.
    The draw was a fair result overall. We bossed a lot of the game but didn't create many clear chances.
    Very good crowd at it considering the World Cup game that was on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I seen it in real time. Foran dived twice holding his face. The first time when McMillan raised his foot, he got up and McMillan put his hand on his shoulder and he went down again. Wasn't even a booking never mind a red. Absolute cheat.

As for the rest of the game. Pats came for the draw and got it. Dundalk didn't get close to braking them down and draw was definitely a fair result. Was our toughest game of the season and badly missed Hoban's physicality up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    I seen it in real time. Foran dived twice holding his face. The first time when McMillan raised his foot, he got up and McMillan put his hand on his shoulder and he went down again. Wasn't even a booking never mind a red. Absolute cheat.
    On the basis of what I saw, I expect McMillan's red card to be rescinded and Foran to get a lengthy ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Most desperately poor game in Finn Park in years tonight. Longford were absolutely shocking, Harps were worse. To think, I missed Holland hammering Spain to watch that..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    On the basis of what I saw, I expect McMillan's red card to be rescinded and Foran to get a lengthy ban.
    Has anybody ever been banned for pretending to be injured? Not to my recollection. Alan Keane would still be banned if that were the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Biggest crowd of the season in Oriel Park tonight.
    Not quite although it looked it, 3,135 was a little lower than the visit of Rovers on Good Fri (3,364), decent away support as mentioned on attendances thread.

Thought it was a nervy performance by both sides, good game to watch, totally fair result. Our lead has been obviously cut by Cork's impressive win, but we keep a 6 point gap with Pats.

Still fairly open league to be fair, Rovers might fall away a little but Pats won't be too far off judging by tonight and Cork are full of confidence.

I'll be happier when we get Boyle and Hoban back, but overall where we are, and performances to date, it's been an excellent first half of the season for us.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Dundalk controlled the game tonight but no real chances were created by either side (maybe 1 each in the first half)

I'm happy with the draw I would have taken that before the game.

Pure stupidity from McMillian to get sent off, it was such a nothing incident he should have just walked away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Not quite although it looked it, 3,135 was a little lower than the visit of Rovers on Good Fri (3,364), decent away support as mentioned on attendances thread.

Thought it was a nervy performance by both sides, good game to watch, totally fair result. Our lead has been obviously cut by Cork's impressive win, but we keep a 6 point gap with Pats.

Still fairly open league to be fair, Rovers might fall away a little but Pats won't be too far off judging by tonight and Cork are full of confidence.

I'll be happier when we get Boyle and Hoban back, but overall where we are, and performances to date, it's been an excellent first half of the season for us.
    When will Hoban be back? Thats the BIG question? and i dont think it will be anytime very soon.McMillan will get the suspension for the red so we are down to Griffin up front.Yes we score goals from all over the park but i'm sure we'd all be more comf wirh a reckognized striker playing up top.Also did Towell not go off with cramp last night?He didnt seem right last couple of mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Really? Did he really blame the pitch for his completely ineffectual performance?

It didn't seem to bother Chris Shields and Richie Towell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    LOL.He was pure muck to use a GAA phrase.Is he trapped in the blades of the grass or do's he want moo milk to brighten his up pale face ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    The pitch indeed, it looked fine again this evening, was even saying earlier at the match that the bounce of the ball is perfect on it. Also I hope the Pats fans enjoyed the visit tonight compared to last season, they seemed to enjoy mingling pre match in main bar, then the upstairs bar at ht, no one seemed to be bothered, also for some reason they took up seats in the centre of the stand as opposed to the away side, but again no issues from the home fans.

Also the fine evening hopefully made the away terrace less painful this time, next season there should be big improvements in place.

A roof, proper toilets and better viewing in this area would be the priority and hopefully this will all be in place for every away fan next season.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    The pitch indeed, it looked fine again this evening, was even saying earlier at the match that the bounce of the ball is perfect on it.
    I have absolutely no problems with the Oriel pitch but the bounce is anything but perfect, it's mental. Makes the game a lot more interesting tho, bounces like a rugby ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    I have absolutely no problems with the Oriel pitch but the bounce is anything but perfect, it's mental. Makes the game a lot more interesting tho, bounces like a rugby ball.
    Careful now, if the ball bounces weird it's only because you're playing hoofball, and if you're playing hoofball then you're Shamrock Rovers, and you don't want that. Nobody wants that.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    A roof, proper toilets and better viewing in this area would be the priority and hopefully this will all be in place for every away fan next season.
    You keep mentioning improvements for next season - perhaps a little prematurely?

To my knowledge there are no specifics announced either as regards the extent of the upgrades or any timescale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You keep mentioning improvements for next season - perhaps a little prematurely?

To my knowledge there are no specifics announced either as regards the extent of the upgrades or any timescale
    Wasn't the plans to extend the main stand out to either side? Surely that'd take much longer than just next season, and there'd be no point in any sort of upgrades otherwise if the plans are there to do so?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Careful now, if the ball bounces weird it's only because you're playing hoofball, and if you're playing hoofball then you're Shamrock Rovers, and you don't want that. Nobody wants that.
    Not a pitch issue - it's a Croly one. Rovers are hoofballers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast