Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dundalk V Pats previews

Dundalk website:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/st-pats-preview/

St Pats website:

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=6227#.U5nTGvldX_E

I think Liam Buckley is a very sound person who generally talks a lot of sense, but this is a strange one...
    The meetings between us recently have been really tight and competitive games, so I’d see no reason why it won’t be exactly the same again to be honest.”
    Maybe he has airbrushed from his memory the 4-1 hiding in Richmond Park from earlier in the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

Maybe he has airbrushed from his memory the 4-1 hiding in Richmond Park from earlier in the season?
    Besides that most games between us lately have been tight affairs and even that was close until we had a man sent off.

I know we've talked about this game already in the attendance thread, I'm really looking forward to it, I'd take a draw with us missing Hoare and probably Ger O'Brien.

Bolger should be brought back in IMO for this game but he wont be. Dundalk guaranteed to score at least 1 so hopefully we can match them.

It will be a cracker.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Can't wait for this game either. I hope for a great game of footy between two good teams and a lot of bite.

Pats are the galacticos and are the team to beat. Hopefully we can beat them or draw. I wouldn't like to go in to the break after a defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Attendances will likely be very badly hit tomorrow night with Spain v Netherlands on at the same time. Pity games couldn't have been moved to 3pm Saturday or something, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You can always record the WC, live footie is live footie, nowhere I'd rather be than watching a live game! It might effect barstoolers but do we care? Should be a great game in Oriel, two footballing teams, passionate crowd, good weather - what more could you ask for?

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Eagerly anticipating the Oriel Park showdown tonight.

Based on recent encounters I expect Pats to be very physical from the start. Previously Richie Towell has been targeted and Pats players appeared to take it in turns to dish out heavy challenges on him - 'rotational fouling' is how I have seen it described recently. There could be lots of cards tonight!

Both central defensive pairings are likely to be without key players. Readers of this forum will know that this will be of no concern to some Pats supporters as a player of "limited talent" at centre forward will hardly test the galacticos!

Hopefully it will be a cracking football match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

Based on recent encounters I expect Pats to be very physical from the start. Previously Richie Towell has been targeted and Pats players appeared to take it in turns to dish out heavy challenges on him - 'rotational fouling' is how I have seen it described recently. There could be lots of cards tonight!

Both central defensive pairings are likely to be without key players. Readers of this forum will know that this will be of no concern to some Pats supporters as a player of "limited talent" at centre forward will hardly test the galacticos!

It would have been fine if we had our good center halves playing but on of them (Oman) doesn't even have limited talent so it evens that battle up.

Towell was certainly targeted in our 2-0 win in Richmond at the end of last season and I hope he is again tonight.
    Here on a technicality.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    The galacticos thing makes me laugh every time.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

How dare you! Pat's aren't a physical team at all, they are bastions of Total Football.

Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    It would have been fine if we had our good center halves playing but on of them (Oman) doesn't even have limited talent so it evens that battle up.

Towell was certainly targeted in our 2-0 win in Richmond at the end of last season and I hope he is again tonight.
    Hahaha, for all the rubbish Pats fans have written about other teams being physical against them, here you are advocating targeting Richie Towell. Comedy gold Partyboy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityRebel View Post
    How dare you! Pat's aren't a physical team at all, they are bastions of Total Football.

Hahaha, for all the rubbish Pats fans have written about other teams being physical against them, here you are advocating targeting Richie Towell. Comedy gold Partyboy.
    As long as it helps Pats win I don't care and unlike Cork fans I don't get upset about what others think about us.

I look forward to your report on your game tonight that you probably wont be at.
    Here on a technicality.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    As long as it helps Pats win I don't care and unlike Cork fans I don't get upset about what others think about us.

I look forward to your report on your game tonight that you probably wont be at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

You've filed your match report early I see.
    Here on a technicality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

for all the rubbish Pats fans have written about other teams being physical against them, here you are advocating targeting Richie Towell. Comedy gold Partyboy.
    So , becasue he says that he is happy for Towell to be targeted means its not possible that other teams ( Cork ) were overly physical on us in two games ? this is your argument ?
    cop yourself on mate.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Anyway kids, can we talk about football?

We have a poor record in Tallaght. A draw would be a good result for us. If we keep picking up points, we won't be far behind at the end.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Anyway kids, can we talk about football?

We have a poor record in Tallaght. A draw would be a good result for us. If we keep picking up points, we won't be far behind at the end.
    i would also like to see a you get a point
    whats your away form like ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    While the systematic fouling of Towell is annoying from our point of view, I really don't see why opposition teams wouldn't do this. To win a game you try to accentuate your own strengths and nullify the oppositions. I hope Killian Brennan plays tonight and gets a bit of needle from us and gets himself sent off. He has form for it.
    Should be a good game though and while I think we have enough to win the game I think it's more important that we don't lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

Nothing wrong with man-marking a certain player. Though I do recall a number of very physical challenges on Towell in that game. It is a risky tactic as Pats found out when Bolger was sent off in the 4-1 defeat to Dundalk earlier this season.

Playing undue attention to Towell will provide Horgan, Meenan, and Mountney with lots of space to exploit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Nothing wrong with man-marking a certain player. Though I do recall a number of very physical challenges on Towell in that game. It is a risky tactic as Pats found out when Bolger was sent off in the 4-1 defeat to Dundalk earlier this season.

Playing undue attention to Towell will provide Horgan, Meenan, and Mountney with lots of space to exploit.
    The problem tonight will be that Bolger wont be playing so we don't have a defensive midfielder to get close to Towell, you will create loads of chances tonight because our midfield doesn't protect our back 4 as well as last season
    Here on a technicality.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    So if the Pats players target him throughout would it be fair to say that those froods really know were their Towell is?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

24. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast