Thread: Rooney Resigns

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rooney Resigns

He resigned last night.

Watch Delaney hop into that seat and mess up all the good work Rooney has done.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From the Irish Times this morning...

"Mr Fran Rooney resigned last night as chief executive of the Football Association of Ireland. Negotiations between representatives of Mr Rooney and thre FAI ended with a finanicial settlement that severs the links between the 46-year-old former Baltimore Technologies chief and Irish football's governing body with immediate effect.

The agreement, which will be confirmed at a press conference today, is reported to have been concluded in a car park of the UCD campus at Belfield."

F*cking amateurs, every single one of them. I'm quite serious about this, the FAI must be stood down entirely and rebuilt from the ground up! I don't wish to sound like some jaded trade union leader here but we need government intervention. Stand it down and start it again, it's the only way this miserable, pest-ridden farce of an organisation can work. I use the term 'organisation' extremely lightly as I can't remember that box of sh*te ever organising a damned thing. They take our money and then they make fools of us. Stand it down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal81
    From the Irish Times this morning...

"Mr Fran Rooney resigned last night as chief executive of the Football Association of Ireland. Negotiations between representatives of Mr Rooney and thre FAI ended with a finanicial settlement that severs the links between the 46-year-old former Baltimore Technologies chief and Irish football's governing body with immediate effect.

The agreement, which will be confirmed at a press conference today, is reported to have been concluded in a car park of the UCD campus at Belfield."

F*cking amateurs, every single one of them. I'm quite serious about this, the FAI must be stood down entirely and rebuilt from the ground up! I don't wish to sound like some jaded trade union leader here but we need government intervention. Stand it down and start it again, it's the only way this miserable, pest-ridden farce of an organisation can work. I use the term 'organisation' extremely lightly as I can't remember that box of sh*te ever organising a damned thing. They take our money and then they make fools of us. Stand it down.

i think the saying that the turkeys don't vote for Christmas applies to that organisation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    As someone who is deeply involved with my local club, I am sick to the pit of my stomach with this news. At a time when football is more popular now than ever before, clubs thriving in the heart of GAAland, the parent body (FAI) is controlled by a bunch of self-centred individuals who are so concerned about their position that they will destroy anybody who tries to change the status quo. All this at the expense of the ordinary schoolboy, junior, intermediate and most El clubs. This is not a democratic organisation. While Rooney was obviously a bit rough at the edges, he did try to change things, run things more professionally. Not looking forward to see who Delaney will select as his puppet.
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinski
    He resigned last night.

Watch Delaney hop into that seat and mess up all the good work Rooney has done.
    I havent seen too much of Rooney's good work. He was just another FAI muppet. I am glad to see the back of him.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    While Rooney was obviously a bit rough at the edges, he did try to change things, run things more professionally. Not looking forward to see who Delaney will select as his puppet.
    Delaney will appoint himself. That is the reason for this whole mess. He's wanted the job from day one.

I'm gutted that Rooney is out, I really am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    •*Well what about the quality of the friendlies he organised.
    • Tickets for El fans for international matches.
    • Efforts made to improve athmosphere at International matches
    • Better travel arrangements, training facilities and hotel accommodation for Int team.
    • Decision to hold Women Final on same day as Senior Cup Final.
    • Recognition of Intermediate players on Amateur International Team, who this week go to Bosnia for UEFA championship qualifiying rounds.
    • He has the support of the AUL and LSL, the two biggest leagues in the country for the work he has put into helping these organisations.
    I sure there are many more items he has achieved in such a short time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    people are slating delaney here..Have I missed something..IMO Delaney is one of the good guys its the muppets like Corcoran etc that need the chop..at least delaney wants to implement genesis...sorry to see rooney go thouigh
    Bring back the plank

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks drummerboy

• Better travel arrangements, training facilities and hotel accommodation for Int team.
    • Recognition of Intermediate players on Amateur International Team, who this week go to Bosnia for UEFA championship qualifiying rounds.
    • He has the support of the AUL and LSL, the two biggest leagues in the country for the work he has put into helping these organisations.
    I'm assuming you are answering TheJamaicanP.M. question here. Nice list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well I wasnt a major backer of Rooney but thought he was doing a good job. Lets just hope that the new guy in charge implements Genesis fully and we get a half decent FAI.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias
    IMO Delaney is one of the good guys its the muppets like Corcoran etc that need the chop..at least delaney wants to implement genesis..

Delaney is interested in one thing: Delaney.
    A f*cking arseh*le who couldn't give a flying f*ck for Genesis or anything else, least of all the eL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias
    its the muppets like Corcoran etc that need the chop...
    Think you're right there.
    The fact the Corcoran is still in the FAI just shows you how corrupt the organisation is. They shafted B O'Byrne, they shafted Rooney and you can be sure they'll shaft Delaney too if he doesn't suit them.
    I will support Delaney if he becomes CEO.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I don't think that is such an impressive list, really. Anyone worth their salt (doesn't say much about the previous incumbents) would have done much of this, and Charlton and McCarthy should have sorted out the facilities, travel etc for the international team years ago. Definitely doesn't merit his 250k pa salary (plus a share in any extra revenue generated in excess of a hurdle) plus pension.

There might be more substance to these achievements, I don't know.

I don't know if Rooney was any good or not. I'm definitely not supporting Delaney and Corcoran who appear to be a pair off self-serving a-holes, but the above list does not present facts to me that say he was the saviour people are making him out to be. And he'll still walk away with 300-400k.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    well I wasnt a major backer of Rooney but thought he was doing a good job. Lets just hope that the new guy in charge implements Genesis fully and we get a half decent FAI.
    Don't you get it? Delaney will sit in the CEO seat, it's what he's wanted all along. He might not jump straight into it but give him time, let’s say January. In the meantime he’ll give himself some ‘Acting Head Honcho’ title, just to bide time.

Say goodbye to the eL scheme, eL matches on RTE, your allocation of international tickets and, more than likely, the ability to watch an International match on terrestrial television. I hear Sky calling. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinski
    Say goodbye to the eL scheme, eL matches on RTE, your allocation of international tickets.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Delaney an advocate of the eL?
    I can't see him being a difficult customer to deal with.
    Hopefully he will push the agenda for the FAI to take control of the eL again.
    I probably sound a bit selfish here but the eL is my first concern.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    I probably sound a bit selfish here but the eL is my first concern.
    Mine too, that's why I put my list in that order. I have never seen Delaney at an eL match. Rooney was a major instigator of the eL scheme, not Delaney.

Rooney negotiated with RTE for more eL matches to be televised, which resulted in 198,000 people tuning into the FAI Cup Semi Final replay between Bohs & Pats last year.

What has Delaney done for the eL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Isn't Delaney the guy who said 2 years ago, and on many occasions on National TV, “that if Genesis wasn't implemented in a years time, he would resign his position, that is how strong I feel about Genesis.

Well we are still waiting …

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well all I can say is that its time for E.L supporters to start getting militant against the likes of Delaney if he doesnt do whats best for the E.L and its supporters !

Rooney was good considering what went before but he was restricted because of FAI politics. Hopefully the new guy will be more ruthless than the rest and scheming enough to last the full term. Then maybe he can implement all of Genesis and start to develop the E.L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Delaney: one of teh good guys my hole

he's the reason for this whole mess

get them all out and employ competent professionals to implement a coherent strategy now - self preservation at all costs is no longer something we should tolerate in the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'get them all out'

Best thing that has been said - short and to the point.

Was unsure about Big Fran so wouldve been unfair to give an opinion on that part of it - but there is a bigger picture and the above 4 words sum it all up.

Time for EL supporters to stand up for their league!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast