Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    2 points from the 6 games against the teams ahead of us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Over 3,000 official attendance today. Fair play to shams, they got the win and that's what counts at the end of the day. Sadly it's the behaviour of a few "fans" that's the focus again. A number were removed by Gardai for encroaching on the pitch I presume and after there was flares been thrown by Shamrock Rovers fans which delayed the game for a few mins. At one stage the announcer said if another flare was thrown game would be abandoned. It's pathetic that when people are trying to promote the league and get people in the gates this stuff is still going on. I didn't bring my kids today and and glad I didn't. Games been threatened with abandonment and "fans" hauled off by Gardai is not what I want them to associate with this league we all love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Maybe I an wrong but it seemed to me that the powers that be at shamrock were willing to indulge, tolerate, condone or sneakingly regard the cringing embarrassment who make up a good percentage of theIr away crowd and they may live to regret it at Tallaght.as home support seems to be on a considerable wane.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Our home support is declining for the same reason yours is, no need to make things up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    City are now 12 points clear of Sligo. I don't expect us to win the league, my goal is Europe, do we now have the top 4 in the bag? Probably not, but I did not see us getting into this strong a position, even as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sligo are easily good enough to finish in the top three, but the gap of 10 points will require a Herculean effort for them to make up (12 really as I think Rovers are the most likely side to drop out of the top three). Their best hope is probably the Cup now, a position Rovers can understand given the past couple of seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Sligo aren't out of it yet. although I do feel they have now lost too many matches to win the league. In fairness they have had a tough time injuries. The same can happen rovers, pats, cork and Dundalk.
    Long Live King Kenny

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    There's no goals in The Bitored at the moment and Barra is far too cautious. How long can Danny North keep putting in shifts like today up there on his own?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Maybe I an wrong but it seemed to me that the powers that be at shamrock were willing to indulge, tolerate, condone or sneakingly regard the cringing embarrassment who make up a good percentage of theIr away crowd and they may live to regret it at Tallaght.as home support seems to be on a considerable wane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Our home support is declining for the same reason yours is, no need to make things up.
    He is obviously expressing an opinion - for crying out loud he even concedes he may be wrong!

He is not the first to question the detached attitude of the Shamrock Rovers officials

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    He is obviously expressing an opinion - for crying out loud he even concedes he may be wrong!

He is not the first to question the detached attitude of the Shamrock Rovers officials
    I don't know how it is in the away section but the last incident I remember in the home section was three years ago and since then I can't remember seeing any flares, if any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Allegedly Dundalk were threatened with potential sanctions at Oriel for use of flares at away games, an even hand will be required now. What is it with Shamrock Rovers that when they score (away from home) there is a bunch af lads hopping a wall and running on to the pitch. The late equaliser in Oriel one chap ran as far as within a few metres of the Shed which subsequently showed condiserable restraint by not dragging him into the Shed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I don't know how it is in the away section but the last incident I remember in the home section was three years ago and since then I can't remember seeing any flares, if any.
    You mustn't go to many Shams home game if you can't remember seeing any flares in the past three years. Your ultras have put on some great pyro displays at home, probably the biggest and best pyro displays at home as most teams use them at away games. I don't think many people minds your fans using them as your club gets the fine just as long as they aren't throwing on the pitch.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I don't know what flares, your poor memory and/or lack of attendance at matches has to do with the attitude of the Shamrock Rovers board and officials towards misbehaviour of travelling fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I don't know what flares, your poor memory and/or lack of attendance at matches has to do with the attitude of the Shamrock Rovers board and officials towards misbehaviour of travelling fans
    Indeed, the Shams board should follow the example of Drogheda United who acted shiftily in dealing with a similar hooligan episode in Sligo last season. But they won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Allegedly Dundalk were threatened with potential sanctions at Oriel for use of flares at away games, an even hand will be required now. What is it with Shamrock Rovers that when they score (away from home) there is a bunch af lads hopping a wall and running on to the pitch. The late equaliser in Oriel one chap ran as far as within a few metres of the Shed which subsequently showed condiserable restraint by not dragging him into the Shed.
    What appeared to to pique the Mulletheads last evening was their being prevented from having their traditional mini special olympics(freestyle gymnastics) pitchside in the aftermath of the goal. Now lads if ye keep it in the stand the next time, ye will all get medals and ye won't have to spend the night in Sligo Nick.
    Last edited by redarmyfaction; 02/06/2014 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    You mustn't go to many Shams home game if you can't remember seeing any flares in the past three years. Your ultras have put on some great pyro displays at home, probably the biggest and best pyro displays at home as most teams use them at away games. I don't think many people minds your fans using them as your club gets the fine just as long as they aren't throwing on the pitch.
    Sorry, I left the word "thrown" out of that post which changes the meaning somewhat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Cobh 0-0 Longford at half time.

If Longford fail to beat Cobh it'll surely sum up this mental division in 1 weekend. Longford spank Rovers B 6-0 then fail against bottom of the table Cobh.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I'd imagine you need look no further than the manager - the couple of times they have been in EDP this season, Horgan has been having conniptions on the sideline - I honestly thought the man would have a heart attack during the EA Sports Cup game.
    Great win for us last night, revenge for the 93rd minute winner they got against us earlier in season. Still think despite how table looks that Longford are the ones to beat - little group of 4 (Shels, us, Longford and Wexford) starting to break away a little now
    And the majority of Longford fans would say Galway are the team to watch, best footballing team I've seen this season and with rumours of a few big names in the transfer window it's going to be a ding dong battle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Cobh 0-0 Longford at half time.

If Longford fail to beat Cobh it'll surely sum up this mental division in 1 weekend. Longford spank Rovers B 6-0 then fail against bottom of the table Cobh.
    The B team are second bottom though. It's not like they bet Shels 6-0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    And the majority of Longford fans would say Galway are the team to watch, best footballing team I've seen this season and with rumours of a few big names in the transfer window it's going to be a ding dong battle
    Galway are certainly one of the better prepared sides in the league, but they were pretty poor against us in both Finn Park and Deacy Park.

In the First Division this season:

Shelbourne - whether or not they have the legs for the full season is the big question, but the best candidates for first place at the minute.
    Galway - well set up, but lacking a couple of players. If they get in a couple of attacking players in the transfer window they'll be hard to stop.
    Longford - inept management costing them again, this time earlier in the season. Very hit and miss.
    Wexford - punching above their weight again, but Keegan is proving to be a very capable manager and has them set up tactically spot on. They won't be far off a play-off spot at the end of the season.
    Waterford - financial problems might cost them by the sound of things. Always expect them to be close enough by the end of the season.
    Harps - Discipline costing us badly. We've dropped some seriously silly points this season, but 6 red cards in 13 games is ridiculous. In need of a creative midfielder and we'll push hard for play-offs.
    Rovers B - The most negative team I've ever seen. But in fairness to Hawkins, has pulled out some tactical masterstrokes to get a couple of very credible results.
    Cobh - whipping boys. Might add in the likes of Conor Meade during the transfer window to help them get out of the rut, but don't see them getting off the bottom of the table.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast