Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Isn't there issues with his injuries and not being able to train as much as the other players, or am I thinking of someone else?
    Yeah he missed a lot of games the last couple of seasons but was still worth someone taking a chance on him and good to see it's working out for him so far.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Who said he wasn't learning? The thus far fatal third series is yet to come mind you. No genuine optimism from me unless and until we're six points ahead with one game left.
    On paper the squad is certainly a lot better than it was last season so you have that, including a couple of seasoned winners in Sullivan and Rice. Speaking of Longford's squad last season, has Dean Ebbe just fallen completely off the face of the planet? What a bizarre way to throw away your career in football if he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Yeah he missed a lot of games the last couple of seasons but was still worth someone taking a chance on him and good to see it's working out for him so far.
    Certainly seems to be Cork's gain. I just mean if he's not going to be able to go full tilt, a fully pro outfit like Hibs might just have decided not to take the risk. Unless his injury problems post-date his trial there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Must be one of the worst disciplinary records in European football. Apparently, tonights was a pure and utter mind-boggling decision.
    According to the report on the wexford page it was a knee high tackle that got him his second yellow of the night.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    On paper the squad is certainly a lot better than it was last season so you have that, including a couple of seasoned winners in Sullivan and Rice. Speaking of Longford's squad last season, has Dean Ebbe just fallen completely off the face of the planet? What a bizarre way to throw away your career in football if he has.
    Yeah I'm hoping that those lads are bedded in now and beginning to make a real difference. Both have looked like real leaders from the start but I guess it takes/took a little while for the rest of the squad to adapt to them and vice versa.

Ebbe apparently fell out of favour last season when he wouldn't put off an end of season holiday to Portugal for the second leg of the play off. Harsh maybe at FD level but it left a bad impression and he wasn't offered a contract. He was only ok when he did play to be honest, not a must keep.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The Dalymount pitch was atrocious. The grass was uncut and the pitch appeared to be very dry.

I wonder will the usual 'pitch police' be as vociferous in their commentary about a surface that appeared to be discouraging of passing football?

A victim of dark economic times at Bohs or simply an attempt to stifle the opposition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Goal Of The Season contender from Shane Duggan in United Park tonight.

Drogs are an absolute holocaust of a football team but the first hour of that game was one of the most enjoyable iv had in a long time.

Fairplay to the f45 or whatever they are on the far side of the ground aswell, seem to be good craic. If our lot were performing like that on the pitch we d burn Thomond Park down.

And I dont care how tongue in cheek it was im gonna take the Drogs chanting of "Its like watching Brazil" in response to some of our attacking play as a sign that things are picking up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Also so far this season Shane Tracy has scored a penalty, saved a penalty and now scored a corner!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    If we don't change every player we have during the window than we are fcuked.
    Was it that bad? How did young Grimes play? Thought he was progressing into a decent player, would you not keep him, Brennan, O'Neill and Fab? I think your MF is the real problem, no one winning balls or taking control.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Great win for Limerick, fair play! Ye're season is up and running!

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The Dalymount pitch was atrocious. The grass was uncut and the pitch appeared to be very dry.

I wonder will the usual 'pitch police' be as vociferous in their commentary about a surface that appeared to be discouraging of passing football?

A victim of dark economic times at Bohs or simply an attempt to stifle the opposition?
    The few times Dundalk played it on the ground , the pitch didnt seem a problem. A bit patchy around the goals but the pitch cant be blamed for Dundalk hoofing it . ( we hoof it most of the time anyway)
    Anyway, soft goal from Horgan, then Bohs dominated until the break wifthout creating a goal chance.
    Great strike from Towell early 2nd half, game over.
    A better team would have destroyed DDalks two poor full backs.
    Appalling performance by Tomney and stand side lino.
    About 350 away fans.Biggest Dundalk support here for 20 yrs Id say.Crowd abot 1300.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Last day of May and a perfect 5 for us, with 5 league wins. I was a little worried about last night, especially as Bohs had still to win a home game so very happy to get the win, the GD +25 now definitely worth an extra point. Long way to go and one game at a time, but we are in a very strong position now.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Also so far this season Shane Tracy has scored a penalty, saved a penalty and now scored a corner!
    He didn't come claim a corner while in nets did he?

Would round it off nicely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Good win for the Champions last night, superb at times but helped by the lack of intelligence in Derrys game plan.

All you have to do is set up 2 banks of 4 against Pats and you're guaranteed at least a point against us as UCD and Limerick showed the last 2 weeks but Derry were just all over the place. We were also helped by Ger Doherty being pony.

Christy Fagan (or Anto Flood as Cork fans call him) is now the leagues outright top scorer with 12 goals, good to see he has time to score goals after all his diving eh.

We play Drogs on Monday so I hope they're in the same form they were last night then we're up in Oriel after the Cup game, should be a cracker.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The few times Dundalk played it on the ground , the pitch didnt seem a problem. A bit patchy around the goals but the pitch cant be blamed for Dundalk hoofing it . ( we hoof it most of the time anyway)
    Anyway, soft goal from Horgan, then Bohs dominated until the break wifthout creating a goal chance.
    Great strike from Towell early 2nd half, game over.
    A better team would have destroyed DDalks two poor full backs.
    Appalling performance by Tomney and stand side lino.
    About 350 away fans.Biggest Dundalk support here for 20 yrs Id say.Crowd abot 1300.
    Would have been 352 if the "Bohs Fans" had not attacked a group of fans on the way in. 2 had to go to hospital and it came from the away end, How the "gardai" (waste of ****ing money) never seen that about 30 fellas were all standing waiting for Dundalk fans to arrive il never know!

Our security is far from top notch, but last night was a disgrace! I know a good few have made complaints to the ombudsman, lets hope something comes out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Ye must have the worst disciplinary record in the league? Impressive resolve but why are ye getting men sent off every week?
    I'd imagine you need look no further than the manager - the couple of times they have been in EDP this season, Horgan has been having conniptions on the sideline - I honestly thought the man would have a heart attack during the EA Sports Cup game.
    Great win for us last night, revenge for the 93rd minute winner they got against us earlier in season. Still think despite how table looks that Longford are the ones to beat - little group of 4 (Shels, us, Longford and Wexford) starting to break away a little now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Christy Fagan (or Anto Flood as Cork fans call him) is now the leagues outright top scorer with 12 goals, good to see he has time to score goals after all his diving eh.
    Out of curiosity, why are you universally labelling us as calling Fagan "Anto Flood"?

Also, as we're talking about Pats' front men, do you have to be complete ***** to get a game up front for Pats these days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are you universally labelling us as calling Fagan "Anto Flood"?

Also, as we're talking about Pats' front men, do you have to be complete ***** to get a game up front for Pats these days?

Huh ? complete ***** like the leagues top scorer you mean ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    [/B]

Huh ? complete ***** like the leagues top scorer you mean ?
    I'm not question the quality of the players at all. They clearly ply their trade very well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Good win for the Champions last night, superb at times but helped by the lack of intelligence in Derrys game plan.

All you have to do is set up 2 banks of 4 against Pats and you're guaranteed at least a point against us as UCD and Limerick showed the last 2 weeks but Derry were just all over the place. We were also helped by Ger Doherty being pony.

We play Drogs on Monday so I hope they're in the same form they were last night then we're up in Oriel after the Cup game, should be a cracker.
    Haha, talk about obsessed! Ye're still upset that the bold Cork City fans called Fagan out for his bambi on ice performance against us, and one of our fans mistakenly calling him Anto Flood?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

And it was still probably better than the pitch at Oriel Park

22. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast