Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 14 May 23-25th

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Backs to the wall stuff for Bohs tonight,although we had the clearest chances off limited posession
    Great Bohs support, smallest Rovers crowd I have seen over there.
    As Wonder 88 might say" what a pity that the fine work being done by Trevor Crolly and his backroom team is not filling Tallaght stadium for that great club that I have no affiliation to"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Cobh hammered again tonight. Must be getting very demoralising for their players.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Congrats to Limerick, massive win! Cork roll on, Sligo stay adrift of the top 5 while Dundalk stay top and are 11 points better off than Sligo. Athlone get their first win.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Backs to the wall stuff for Bohs tonight,although we had the clearest chances off limited posession
    Great Bohs support, smallest Rovers crowd I have seen over there.
    As Wonder 88 might say" what a pity that the fine work being done by Trevor Crolly and his backroom team is not filling Tallaght stadium for that great club that I have no affiliation to"
    Couldn't see the east stand because I was in it obviously but the atmosphere was better than it's been all season. A lot of people are staying away this season unfortunately.

Brutal match all-round. Bohs looked the more likely to score all night, though how much of that was down to how easily the defence gets itself turned is debatable. Thought Croly was right to start with two strikers but Zayed was played out of the game by the Bohs defence and Croly needed to make a change sooner to exploit the space in midfield. Frustrating. On the plus side, we only lost ground on two teams, so that's something.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Is the LOI the least predictable league in Europe (that isn't routinely fixed?)
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Is the LOI the least predictable league in Europe (that isn't routinely fixed?)
    It is routinely fixed.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    12 matches 5 red cards.
    I know Sean Connor applied for the Harps job but, is he somehow Ollie Horgan in disguise??

Harps were woeful 1st half, finished the game much stronger and disappointed not to win it with Packie Mailey and Ruari Keating missing decent chances in the end.

1st Div is so bad it's going to be a very tight league. 2nd from top to 2nd from bottom is only divided by 4 points.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Roy Keane at Bray-Cork tonight apparently? Michael D in Tallaght - bet he wishes he went to One Direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Roy goes to our games regularly enough..

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    That is the second game in a row where Dundalk should have scored double figures.
    Is it just me, or is it rare to see an LoI team coming up to the European games on such a good run of form?

Thinking of past seasons when Derry or Rovers have been mid-table going into the Champions' League, for example.

Would be nice after last year's performances to get a team lasting a couple of rounds. Dundalk at the moment look like they could be a good bet for that. Was quite impressed with them in the Bowl as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Roy Keane at Bray-Cork tonight apparently?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Roy goes to our games regularly enough..
    I suppose but I assumed just when he was in Cork, but I forgot that he was in Dublin anyway with the national team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Dundalk were awesome tonight. Sligo just couldn't live with us all day. As the lads said we could of got double figures only for the brilliance of Rodgers

Tough statement to make but this is the best dundalk team ever, well that I have ever seen and I have been following since 94. I was around for the 88 and 91 teams but very vague memories. Even though we have won nothing to date I honestly believe we are on the verge of having a very special team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    We're gonna win the league
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Dundalk were awesome tonight. Sligo just couldn't live with us all day. As the lads said we could of got double figures only for the brilliance of Rodgers

Tough statement to make but this is the best dundalk team ever, well that I have ever seen and I have been following since 94. I was around for the 88 and 91 teams but very vague memories. Even though we have won nothing to date I honestly believe we are on the verge of having a very special team
    I realise I could look this up but I'm nothing if not lazy... What kind of crowds are ye getting? As in say for the likes of Bray at home how many would ye expect? Is there a lot of excitement around the town?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    It's certainly one of the best footballing sides, i saw our sides win titles in the late 70's to last one in 95 and i don't recall anything like the football this side is playing. Turning defence into attack and constant attacking seems to be tactic with this team, and this match really could have 5 or 6-0 tonight.

Really need to back it up with a trophy but whatever happens, this is some football on display. Still early days in terms of this season, plenty of twists could happen, but for now it's very positive.
    Last edited by oriel; 23/05/2014 at 11:40 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Tbh tonight announced 2600 which would be expected but we should be topping the 3k mark for the entertainment provided and the general happiness and feel good factor.
    For a town or size and a town that hold the club to it's heart and the biggest number of band wagon jumpers per capita than anywhere else in the country we should be bringing in more.
    Would love to know what cork are doing to get their gates. We could learn a thing or two

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Cork have a population over 4 times more than Dundalk, also it's not just money with so many games so close together it's time allocation. I can only speak for myself but I was updating 3 guys tonight and 3 others on Tuesday, all have kids, all find it hard to go to every game, it's just the way it goes. Besides I did well myself making two games in a row, even with having a ST.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Pretty entertaining second half in Finn Park tonight. First half was poor watching, and as said already, Harps 5th red card in 12 games, two against Shels now, is a pretty poor disciplinary record. Adriano Reale was dishing out cards tonight like his life depended on it however. Must have been 8 or 10 yellows and a red card in the game. Miracle that Shels had 11 players on the field at the end. No complaints about Harps red though, pretty poor challenge it has to be said.

Quietly confident that with Harps improving steadily each week, we'll start picking up some vital wins and possibly make a real charge at promotion this year.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Roy Keane at Bray-Cork tonight apparently? Michael D in Tallaght - bet he wishes he went to One Direction.
    Michael D goes to quite a few Bohs games. Surprised he braved Tallaght - direct bus from Phoenix Park?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Michael D goes to quite a few Bohs games. Surprised he braved Tallaght - direct bus from Phoenix Park?
    Mypost wasn't able to make it (8pm kick-off is completely impractical for a 9-5 worker) so he lent Michael D his spaceship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast