Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shels V Longford Town

10 mins - Alan Moore (Shels)
    21 mins - Dessie Baker equalised
    37 mins- David Crawley

HALF TIME SCORE: SHELS 2 LONGFORD TOWN 1
    I have found men who didn't know how to kiss.
    I've always found time to teach them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    come onlongford

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    C'mon the Town. Do it for the l@ngers!!
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we weren't great, but ref was worse
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Shels 3 Town 1

Poor Town performance last night. Midfield was patetic with keogh in particular being anonymous. Lacked any sort of cutting edge up front aswell although keego in fairness to him done his best. Shels didn't play to their true potential but ran out comfortable enough winners in the end. Can't see it being any different come Saturday night either. They're the superior team and unlike us, they wanted to win last night. We need another couple of points to be mathamatically safe and avoid the embarassment of finishing second bottom.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

from www.elvenaside.com
    Shelbourne 3-1 Longford Town
    A goal in either half from former Irish international Alan Moore helped leaders Shelbourne to a crucial victory over FAI Carlsberg Cup winners Longford Town at Tolka Park on Monday night.

The win puts Shels seven points clear at the summit of the Premier Division table; with just over a fortnight of the season remaining, they are all but home and hosed for a second successive eircom League title.

Pending results at the weekend, when Shels meet Longford again at Flancare Park and second placed Cork City take on Derry City, the Reds could be celebrating their back-to-back titles with two weeks of the season still remaining.

They took an early lead on Monday night, Moore – retained in a forward role alongside top scorer Jason Byrne – meeting a cross from full back Owen Heary with a header which dipped over the outstretched arm of goalkeeper Stephen O’Brien and into the corner of the net.

Longford, still not mathematically safe from relegation, had enjoyed the bulk of the early territorial advantage before that body-blow, and they were level within 11 minutes of Moore’s opener.

Alan Kirby teed up former Shels favourite Dessie Baker at the edge of the area and the striker applied the perfect finish to beat Steve Williams.

But Shels were back in front before the break, full back Dave Crawley smacking home a blistering free kick from the edge of the area which hit the net via the woodwork – keeper O’Brien had no chance.

Longford assistant manager Aaron Callaghan was sent from the dug-out by match referee Dave McKeon for criticising the official at half-time – the free kick which led to Crawley’s goal had raised the fury of the Longford players and management alike.

The visitors’ defender Stephen Paisley will have thought he had levelled in the second half, but Heary somehow scrambled his effort off the line and clear.

And Shels eased the growing tension 11 minutes from time when Moore popped up for his second headed goal of the night, diving to meet Wes Hoolahan’s cross from the right.

we'l get our revenge on sat night,by no means did they outplay us,i thought we were good at the back and i thought paisley had a great game.The ref had serious issues tho!!!
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Phelan
    we'l get our revenge on sat night,by no means did they outplay us,i thought we were good at the back and i thought paisley had a great game.The ref had serious issues tho!!!
    was this part of the elevenaside report

arron went mental at the ref on the way in, alan had to hold him back. but he was right , that was no free kick
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

sorry,that was my own conclusion!
    the ref was a complete farce lastnight,if paisley touched a shels player,the ref was calling 4 frees,me nan wud ref a game a football better.
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the standard of refering was apauling last night. alot of bad decisions givin against the town. 3-1 wasn't really a fair result 2-1 would have been closer to the true reflection of the game with shels gettin goal in last 5 min. de town played well but just not well enough baker had keegan had some moments of suberb play but in the end it was to no avail
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah, thought we played quite well, definitely didnt deserve to lose 3-1, Shels are just more clinical, we have a shot cleared off the line, they break away and get another. We'll give them another good game saturday, don't think you can say we didnt want to win, we had most of the play in the second half, but as always we were a bit toothless up front.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.