Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Late Surge from the Vikings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    plus it mite make it more interesting in the relegation battle next season with a few clubs in or around the same level (DC or Rovers, Bray, Harps, UCD, Pats etc...)
    I agree. I think that the timing of this new investment in Rovers is very bad for the three teams coming up. Rovers pre-investment would have lost players over the summer and been involved in the relegation places. Now they will probably sign players and be closer to, if not in, the top half of the league.

This means one fewer team in the relegation fight, which is good for Rovers but bad for the rest of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Don't get too carried away with CHF's performance in Derry.

You were like a Carry-on film in the first half, and if it wasn't for the fact that every single Derry player literally was too busy thinking about what to dress-up as for Halloween in the second, then you'd be searching the web for B&B's in Sligo, Galway and Cobh right now......

Dublin City offer nothing to the Eircom League. That may or may not change in the future, but the only certainty in it is that you currently offer nothing.

Good luck to Rovers - a team that is a fundamental part of Irish football...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    Don't get too carried away with CHF's performance in Derry.

You were like a Carry-on film in the first half, and if it wasn't for the fact that every single Derry player literally was too busy thinking about what to dress-up as for Halloween in the second, then you'd be searching the web for B&B's in Sligo, Galway and Cobh right now......

Dublin City offer nothing to the Eircom League. That may or may not change in the future, but the only certainty in it is that you currently offer nothing.

Good luck to Rovers - a team that is a fundamental part of Irish football...
    A strong Rovers team and set uip is always welcomed in the premier league but their not that and on current form dont deserve to be in the premier, simple as that really. DC have put up much more of a fight over the last few months and have been very unlucky in a few matches not to win or at least take points. As stated before, who ever has more points at the end of the season deserves to stay in the premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said Roo69. If we get relegated then it'll be on merit and I for one won't be moaning about our lack of any good luck. If we don't then it can only be because we fought harder for it. Either way the club is still young and in the future could grow into a respected member of the EL, I think it's unfair how much scorn is poured upon the hardwork that goes into the club, and although we need to build and improve in certain areas, we did win the 1st Division on merit only 3 years after being founded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    eACH AND EVERY TEAM IS IN THE PREMIER ON MERIT AND MERIT ALONE.

Nobody has a divine right to be in the top flight. If Rovers go down, the fans can only blame Fat Tony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    If Rovers go down, the fans can only blame Fat Tony.
    I think we worked that one out for ourselves.

BTW Thanks for your words of support on our MB.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We're being screwed today & LOI has reached new lows. But we don't care. Everyone is against us & we've gotten used to that. We read the warnings and didn't heed them. I hope it doesn’t work out for them & we survive, if nothing else, I want to stick two fingers up to the traitor on the last day of the season. His word means nothing to him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    We're being screwed today & LOI has reached new lows. But we don't care. Everyone is against us & we've gotten used to that. We read the warnings and didn't heed them. I hope it doesn’t work out for them & we survive, if nothing else, I want to stick two fingers up to the traitor on the last day of the season. His word means nothing to him.

Ringo, my commiserations.
    Collins was, is and always will be a piece of sh*te.
    Last edited by patsh; 04/11/2004 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Realised Ringo was tlaking about the arsewipe Collins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    couldn't have put it any better, I hope Rovers go down, the deal for the stadium falls through, and the club go out of existence, not because i don't like the club, just don't like the traitor, and anyone (rovers board) who poaches their arch rivals manager deserves to be put out of business.

So Roddy just how much of this €9 million are you getting to make the sure the club survive, and what happens if the players you just abandoned actually manage to pull your impossible dream.

Be slightly embarrassing then won't it. You'll be run out of Tallaght even before the cowboy builders get back near the site.

Looking forward to seeing your slimey arse back in Tolka for the last game of the season.
    Remember your first two games. Absolute ****, and two hammerings, could be set up nicely if you follow that pattern.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    we did win the 1st Division on merit only 3 years after being founded.
    and dont forget the little helping hand from the ref on the last day of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    couldn't have put it any better, I hope Rovers go down, the deal for the stadium falls through, and the club go out of existence, not because i don't like the club, just don't like the traitor, and anyone (rovers board) who poaches their arch rivals manager deserves to be put out of business.

So Roddy just how much of this €9 million are you getting to make the sure the club survive, and what happens if the players you just abandoned actually manage to pull your impossible dream.

Be slightly embarrassing then won't it. You'll be run out of Tallaght even before the cowboy builders get back near the site.

Looking forward to seeing your slimey arse back in Tolka for the last game of the season.
    Remember your first two games. Absolute ****, and two hammerings, could be set up nicely if you follow that pattern.
    When the hell did Collins take the Rovers job!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    When the hell did Collins take the Rovers job!?
    The Scumbag told Dublin City this morning that he was leaving, and is being unveiled as the Manager of Rovers in a couple of minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    The Scumbag told Dublin City this morning that he was leaving, and is being unveiled as the Manager of Rovers in a couple of minutes.
    Was it on the radio? That's sick. I read his crap column in the Star every Sunday at work and he kept insisting how he would stick it out with Dub City and he wouldn't take the Bohs job etc. Are you 100% sure he quit? The morning of a game?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yes its true visit www.shamrockrovers.ie
    First Division Champions

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im going to change my tune here and say COME ON DCFC, Please stay up, and relegate Roddys Rovers.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Im going to change my tune here and say COME ON DCFC, Please stay up, and relegate Roddys Rovers.

Fully agreed ! ALL eL fans who can make the DC match should go and support them on, Roddy is a no good w@nk stain on the shirt of irish football.

I seriously hope he totally fcuks it up and gets them relagated !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Come on Rovers. Fcuk Dublin City.

Rovers are a real football club with proper fans, DC are nothing but a joke.
    Fair play to Roddy for grasping the oppurtunity.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the opposite (apart from the fact that rovers have more fans than dub city - not hard)

Rovers are the joke and this stunt is the lowest of the low - hope they get relegated and a few of their fans wouldnt be too unhappy if it meant the end of their current cowboy board

shower of bastids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hold on a minute, I'd like to see Rovers get what they deserve but cheering on DC tonight is not where to start

But seriously, when Rovers got into all this money and stadiums problems why wasn't anything done about it? I mean if they'd owed their players €40,000 then I'm sure there were a few more bills to be payed as well.

When this happened to us, we got a bol*ocking, threathened to be throwin out of the league and had to stump up €100,000 in 3 days for some god for saken reason.

Will the same apply to Rovers? I dont think so.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    Rovers are the joke and this stunt is the lowest of the low - hope they get relegated and a few of their fans wouldnt be too unhappy if it meant the end of their current cowboy board
    As soon as Rovers get rid of their current board and move to Tallaght they will undoubtedly be the second biggest club in the country after Cork City.
    The will at the very least be a on a par with Shels and that imo will be a good thing for the eircom league.

Dublin City will never have the chance to make this kind of progress at least with Rovers it's very possible.
    Champions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast