Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-21 Squad

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Don't worry gastric. Three quarters of these lads won't get so much as one cap at senior level anyways because we can just get an English lad to declare when he's in his mid-twenties.
    Three quarters of them won't do enough in their club careers to deserve a senior call up, which is why we've had to draw on the ancestry criteria in the past and will continue to do so.

I can see you're sore over Christie and Doherty but I don't think it's fair to say "English lads" crowd out more deserving emerging Irish talent as a general truth.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    I blame the bears.
    can I interest you in this rock?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Friendly games against the USA and Russia.

Squad: Ian Lawlor, Danny Rogers, Sean Long, Shane Griffin, Pierce Sweeney, Thomas Hoban, Brain Lenihan, Mason Watkins-Clark, Eoghan O’Connell, Sean Kavanagh, Jack Connors, Glen Rea, Sean Hoare, Lee Desmond, Darragh Lenihan, William Hayhurst, Alan Browne, Jack Byrne, Kieran Sadlier, Kenneth McEvoy, Sam Byrne, Connor Wilkinson, Matthew Hamilton

... Grealish wants to stay & concentrate on his Villa career. I wonder are there English under 21s taking a similar position!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Our friendly game should be be for the next generation of u21s which Grealish will have graduated from.
    English u21s have still a Finals tournament to look forward so there will nobody graduating themselves just yet.
    Both Norway and Sweden put out new generation underage squads when they played us in those recent u19 friendlies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Pierce Sweeney definitely solves mysteries in his downtime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Friendly games against the USA and Russia.

Squad: Ian Lawlor, Danny Rogers, Sean Long, Shane Griffin, Pierce Sweeney, Thomas Hoban, Brain Lenihan, Mason Watkins-Clark, Eoghan O’Connell, Sean Kavanagh, Jack Connors, Glen Rea, Sean Hoare, Lee Desmond, Darragh Lenihan, William Hayhurst, Alan Browne, Jack Byrne, Kieran Sadlier, Kenneth McEvoy, Sam Byrne, Connor Wilkinson, Matthew Hamilton

... Grealish wants to stay & concentrate on his Villa career. I wonder are there English under 21s taking a similar position!
    I hear he's an intelligent player
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Our friendly game should be be for the next generation of u21s which Grealish will have graduated from.
    English u21s have still a Finals tournament to look forward so there will nobody graduating themselves just yet.
    Both Norway and Sweden put out new generation underage squads when they played us in those recent u19 friendlies.
    Grealish was under 19s last season so he is eligible for the new 21s campaign. only jack byrne would be younger from an age group perspective in this squad. You would have to think this is the end of the line for Grealish and Ireland even with how Noel king described it.

Is kieran sadlier been let go from west ham? A newcastle brighton report describes him as a trialist(not on loan)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Grealish was under 19s last season so he is eligible for the new 21s campaign. only jack byrne would be younger from an age group perspective in this squad. You would have to think this is the end of the line for Grealish and Ireland even with how Noel king described it.

Is kieran sadlier been let go from west ham? A newcastle brighton report describes him as a trialist(not on loan)
    All together now,
    " Sorry Doc, you were right all along!"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts

Grealish has graduated from the u21s at an early age, regardless of his choice yet to be affirmed. His choice might be ominous for us, or equally might not.
    If he has a future involvement with us, it will be as part of the senior squad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    All together now,
    " Sorry Doc, you were right all along!"
    There's such desperation and bitterness in your posts to be proved right that I have lost a lot of respect for you.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

According to the Meath Chronicle, he is on loan at Brighton and how could they be wrong!

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/sport/s...lic-u21-panel/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    This match report from an u21 game between Newcastle and Brighton describe him as a triallist: http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/2014...ton-h-res.html
    Albion included on-trial Chike Kandi in their starting lineup and the former Chelsea striker's physical presence proved to be a handful for the home defence early on, abetting by fellow trialist Kieran Sadlier from West Ham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    It seems to me that Grealish has declined one senior call up and two U-21 call ups. The first time he declined an U-21 call up, his reasoning was that he wanted to concentrate on contract talks; fair enough, even though he isn't personally involved in contract talks; his reasoning for declining the second U-21 call up is that he wants to concentrate on Aston Villa.

Martin O'Neill has said that the ball is in his court. If he wants to link up with Ireland, he has to make the first move - which he hasn't.

There are hints of frustration whenever MON is asked to talk about the subject. It seems to me that Grealish and his father are trying to dictate the terms of his immediate International future and MON isn't playing ball.

It would seem that he (his father) made himself available for the U.S.A. friendly without speaking to MON, and MON would rather he make a firm commitment, or show more transparency, one way or other. What I base this on is the fact that MON has had "no contact" with the Grealish's since August.

What muddies the waters is Kevin Grealish's post on FB. Technically, you could say, he never actually made Jack available. It seems to me that it was a lighthearted post for the consumption of his FB friends. And is it true that he took it down after it gained traction?

What could be more meaningful is Jack's Twitter post, where he contradicted media reports that he was committing to Ireland.

Whatever the case, John Fallon's needs to work on his journalistic ethics because he clearly doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

I can't see Jack being called into the squad on a week's notice. Everyone concerned has more to worry about than this circus - pity that it is that it is going to be prolonged into the spring, and potentially an England friendly.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 06/11/2014 at 6:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    He has never declined a senior call-up.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    He has never declined a senior call-up.
    "It’s a point that I want to clear a few things up. I had a conversation with his (Grealish) father some time ago. Naturally he was breaking into the Aston Villa side at the time," said O'Neill.

"I suggested to his father that he might want to get involved with Oman game. The father sent me a message to say he would concentrate on the U21s at that time. I’ve left it since then. And there’s been no conversation since then."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30702604.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    What muddies the waters is Kevin Grealish's post on FB. Technically, you could say, he never actually made Jack available. It seems to me that it was a lighthearted post for the consumption of his FB friends. And is it true that he took it down after it gained traction?

What could be more meaningful is Jack's Twitter post, where he contradicted media reports that he was committing to Ireland.
    You're truly exasperating. You surely realise you're being disingenuous here and concocting a convenient narrative to suit your tired old agenda? What do you mean he "technically" never made Jack available? He obviously led Fallon to believe Jack would be available, but you say he "technically" never made his son available? What does that even mean and why, knowing what we do, could one say that? Why would he bull**** to a trusted journalist who's long been close to the family? The post was made public on Facebook. Why would it be a joke and, if it were, why would Fallon assert what he appears to have been told to be true again after Grealish had re-confirmed matters with him? I have no idea how it could seem that way to someone.

And Jack never tweeted anything to contradict reports that he was committing to us. That's simply your interpretation of a fairly vague tweet which stated that there was some stuff in the papers of which even Jack himself wasn't aware. He could have been referring specifically to selection for the US game. We just don't know, so stop pretending that you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The belligerence is completely unnecessary. I am doing everything in my power to try and not ruffle any feathers, with you in particular, because of your domineering attitude, but I am falling flat on my face in my efforts to do so. I thought "it seems to me" would have indicated that I was positing an opinion and not asserting it to be the truth but I will try to be more clear in the future. Sorry about that.

My (apparently wrong) interpretation of aforementioned tweet was that Grealish was in the dark over Fallon's seemingly erroneous reporting. Grealish was subsequently left out of U.S.A. squad after a lot of people were led to believe he would be included by Fallon's articles.

A little premature by Fallon but nothing too serious. It's not the first time a reporter has jumped the gun.

Anyways, I am going to take Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill's words and whatever happens over baseless conjecture.

I'm just going to stop commenting on Jack Grealish altogether now, be it on the thread dedicated to him or any other thread, because I can't offer my opinion at all without being attacked over it.

Whatever happens, happens.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    To be fair to you TOWK, I for one, have noticed the moderation you are attempting to place in your posts and I welcome it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    "It’s a point that I want to clear a few things up. I had a conversation with his (Grealish) father some time ago. Naturally he was breaking into the Aston Villa side at the time," said O'Neill.

"I suggested to his father that he might want to get involved with Oman game. The father sent me a message to say he would concentrate on the U21s at that time. I’ve left it since then. And there’s been no conversation since then."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30702604.html
    The belligerence is completely unnecessary. I am doing everything in my power to try and not ruffle any feathers, with you in particular, because of your domineering attitude, but I am falling flat on my face in my efforts to do so. I thought "it seems to me" would have indicated that I was positing an opinion and not asserting it to be the truth but I will try to be more clear in the future. Sorry about that.

My (apparently wrong) interpretation of aforementioned tweet was that Grealish was in the dark over Fallon's seemingly erroneous reporting. Grealish was subsequently left out of U.S.A. squad after a lot of people were led to believe he would be included by Fallon's articles.

A little premature by Fallon but nothing too serious. It's not the first time a reporter has jumped the gun.

Anyways, I am going to take Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill's words and whatever happens over baseless conjecture.

I'm just going to stop commenting on Jack Grealish altogether now, be it on the thread dedicated to him or any other thread, because I can't offer my opinion at all without being attacked over it.

Whatever happens, happens.
    Ruffling feathers or whatnot, He has never been called up by MON. Ever. At all. Never named in a senior squad. Never.

So stop going on about the blooming Fallon article. We all know what the intentions were of the Fallon article and it seems, the Daddy got ahead of himself. Either way, He's NEVER turned down a senior call-up quite simply because he's never been called up.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    To be fair to you TOWK, I for one, have noticed the moderation you are attempting to place in your posts and I welcome it!
    I echo that.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast