Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Like it's 1999

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like it's 1999

Back in '99 we lost to Pats three times. One draw against them and we'd have won the league.
    This season, we've taken 2 points from four games with Shels and they've got eight. Swing that a bit and we'd be right in there now. Bummer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Youre right it does look like 99 all over again but maybe it will end up like 93
    City 6 points behind Bohs with 2 games to go. City win the 2 games and Bohs slip up. We win the league after a 3 way play off. The important thing is to win the 4 remaining games and see where it takes us. I don't think this league is over yet ! Roll on next Friday !
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the difference between now and 98-99 is that the team then was at its peak and was too old to keep up that level of performance. we haven't seen anything like the best of this city side IMO.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    the difference between now and 98-99 is that the team then was at its peak and was too old to keep up that level of performance. we haven't seen anything like the best of this city side IMO.
    great point. reckon this team could be on the verge of greatness and enjoy the succes that shels and bohs had over the recent year

dolan isnt building a mediocore team,hes building a great team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Down the years even if we've managed to match the Dublin sides with our first 11 we've always been weaker then them on the bench. It looks like we have now addressed this problem. At the moment we have 2 proven quality players Danny Murphy and Neale Fenn on the bench and theyll soon be joined by Colin when he's fit. These 3 players could come in a do a job and not weaken the team to any great degree. I think this quality on the bench is a measure of how far we've come.
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by yiddo
    Down the years even if we've managed to match the Dublin sides with our first 11 we've always been weaker then them on the bench. It looks like we have now addressed this problem. At the moment we have 2 proven quality players Danny Murphy and Neale Fenn on the bench and theyll soon be joined by Colin when he's fit. These 3 players could come in a do a job and not weaken the team to any great degree. I think this quality on the bench is a measure of how far we've come.
    stephen o flynn,denis behan

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Bonhomie to burn

Agree with every word posted in this thread. And now to add my own tuppence. I think the support City has now is also on the up. 1000 plus people travelled to Tolka (including probably 500 to 550 seldom or first-time away supporters). I believe that we will double our average away support over the next two seasons. Also, I believe that the rising force of the team will attract an average home support of 6,000 in that time, rising to 8,000 for games of special interest.
    Shels may have the money to burn now, and burn it they will. But their long term prospects are hampered by their poor turnout. With their form, Tolka should have been all ticket last Friday. Look at the crowd they got on a dry Friday night in our capital. Pathetic! The Cross would have been packed out. And another thing; the revival of interest in the supporters club(s) will probably result in cheaper and better structured away trips to European games. Large crowds at home and away, plus our performance in the league in the next couple of seasons will have a positive influence on the advertising and sponsorship budgets of our present and potential financial backers too.
    All in all, I think we can afford to be optimistic about the club's future.
    Thank you Pat Dolan, Brian Lennox, back room team and of course the fabulous squad on the pitch and bench who have made this rise to success such an enjoyable and positive journey.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    Thank you Pat Dolan, Brian Lennox, back room team and of course the fabulous squad on the pitch and bench who have made this rise to success such an enjoyable and positive journey.
    Here Here!!!

after all away support in Nantes 508 i think.
    Carlsberg dont do away supporters but if they did.............................
    First Division Champions

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner

dolan isnt building a mediocore team,hes building a great team

I agree with that. As long as we dont lose players across channel this team will win loads. We've never had so many talented players.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincronin2000
    Nice one!!
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincronin2000

think i remember somebody using that phrase before

oh ya...it was me