Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooney's pedigree

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play Dean02. At last we have someone that can see through this Rooney clown. The whole of the FAI is a joke. Rooney is like the rat-king within it. He has been made a romantic figure by the media. If he really cared about football on this island he wouldnt have allowed ticket prices to rise so much. All this while creaming it off with a fat-cat salary. In my opinion, he has made a number of mistakes since taking charge. He is simply a political hack who is willing to use Lansdowne Road and Ireland internationals as a platform for his political chronies. I will be glad when he goes. He can go on Joe Duffy, Marian Veruca, the Late Late Show or whatever coz I couldnt care less.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The joke Roney told has been told all over the football world with different teams mentioned. In fact most of the posts on the IL forums laughed at it and weren't offended one iota and these are some of the most anti- republican people you could meet.

Seeing as you seem to know so much, perhaps you can answer this. Why do Corcoran and Delaney want their man appointed Financial Controller without the post been advertised? As everyone keeps pointing out, if he's so good he should be a cert at the interview.

Is there a very large skeleton in the cupboard. Old Joe D paid back £100,000. Was that only the tip of the Iceberg. Why are these two Blahs suddenly in the same corner once again. Making mountains out of molehills has become an obsession with them.

As someone who spends his life investigatin things, I smell a very large RAT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dean02
    However for someone with 'Tycoon' status who leaves unpaid restaurant bills for nearly a year, and then goes on Liveline to answer questions, he again avoided questions, said he had questions but wouldn't air them I'm I have some serious doubts about this guy.

OH MY GAWWWD! RUN FOR THE HILLS MA BAKER - rooney didnt pay his dinner money - we're doomed, doooomed I tells ya!

this is the end of football , the end! #

Listen u FAI mupwhit, if this is the best your cosy cartel can come up with then f off

rooney for ever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The two complaints made about Rooney, the match tickets and the dinner bill, have both been explained and in my opinion hold no water.

Rooney didn't get the tickets himself, they were given for free to the opposing team embassey, to politicians and to other VIP's. These tickets are never paid for.

Rooney has paid the dinner bill and what arangements he has for setteling his own finances are no concern of the FAI.

From what I can see Rooney seems to have done a good job. That said I only know whay I read in the papers and if other people on this forum have the opposite view, then I can respect that. If, however, Rooney is going to be fired it should be for a stated serious offence. All I have heard so far is innuendo and half truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    All I have heard so far is innuendo and half truth.

welcome to the world of merrion square - get delaney and his merry men out now - always lurkin in the shadows, slimey fcks

all those el fans who got tickets under the recent scheme should be ashamed of themselves for not organising some support for the ceo - the criminals are taking over once agian and as usual no- one's doing or saying anything

can someone here please send me the address of the mail list set up for el fans under the ireland tcts scheme

its time to show support for someone whos been shafted

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dean02....
    Delaney the second?
    Son of Delaney?
    What are you up too, FAIboy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Hmm the CEO is largely responsible for bringing Brazil to play Ireland yet we give out about the number of tickets he gets free. Now whether the figure is 200 or 700 (and strangely I'd err on the side of caution and say 200 given our national propensity to exaggerate) there is no doubting that the guy would have expected a hefty payoff because there are few teams who can guarantee a full house for a friendly in Lansdowne so to get one is quite a coup. If we are running the FAI like a business than the incentives had better be good. For comparison look at Erikkson's deal with the FA which is barely reliant on performance yet still worth mega-bucks. Great incentives can lead to great returns. Had it not been for Rooney it could well be that none of us would have seen Brazil play.

*EDIT - Just saw Bald student's explanation of the ticket situation. Amn't going to bother changing that paragraph. Still believe incentives good but agree with everything the folically challenged one says.

The policy of block selling them makes financial sense. It might hit you and me but it means greater income for the FAI to redistribute and thus improve standards at the areas where the money is put (before you mass quote me I'm getting to the problem).

Cronyism, which is inherent in organisations with amateur run organisations (in the sense that they are doing it for something other than money, in this case power) leads to misdirection of the company. If the FAI were a well-run business we would see sensible re-investment.

Bottom-line fire the amateurs.

I'm not saying we should give carte blanche to the CEO but there is a reason why most boards of directors are non-executive (at least the well run ones). The primary role of such a board is to hold the executive branch to account and thus ensure harmony. By removing the power currently held by the amateurs we take away a couple of layers of cronyism and make the FAI more accountable.

There is no quick fix but there are obvious things we need to do. They should involve saying goodbye to messrs Corcoran and Delaney.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some say Rooney did a lot. Some say Rooney didn't do as much as he says he did.

Either way - he's probably done 100 times more in two years than his predecessors did in twenty.

Maybe some of his initiatives don't work out as planned. But its better than the inertia that has dogged the FAI for such a long time.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=wws]OH MY GAWWWD! RUN FOR THE HILLS MA BAKER - rooney didnt pay his dinner money - we're doomed, doooomed I tells ya!

this is the end of football , the end! #

Listen u FAI mupwhit, if this is the best your cosy cartel can come up with then f off

Because you don't like something I say you resort to insults.... why not have a look at the truth of the matter.

I am not a member of the FAI , nor have I ever worked for them, I have no association with them other than I play football and attend games.

I don't like whats going in the FAI, I don't like Corcoran, i don't like Delaney and I don't like rooney!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah i was just using you as a scapegoat for my rage! hehe apologies

I still think all the FAI fans groups under the tickets scheme should join up and issue a statement backing Rooney - or thanking him for his work to date - I've no interest in Rooney per se but it is indeed true that there was no recognition at all for the EL or its supporters in Merrion Square before he got the CEO job

anyone interested pm me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Definitely a very officious sound to a lot of the postings here.
    I sincerely home that the Sports Council/ government, or whoever, does not let the inquiry into this whole affair be carried out internally by the FAI using a panel of their own picking who already have an agenda.
    Lets get it sorted once and for all who is at fault and to what degree! Surely Delaney and Corcoran must stand for scrutiny along with Rooney?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well it shows how bad things are

Observer, the fact that you are absolutely correct is your assertion that it should not be carried out internally shows how bad a state the FAI is in. It can't trust it's own people to fix it because the very people assigned to rooting out the problem could well be the cause. Bloody shambles.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    Observer, the fact that you are absolutely correct is your assertion that it should not be carried out internally shows how bad a state the FAI is in. It can't trust it's own people to fix it because the very people assigned to rooting out the problem could well be the cause. Bloody shambles.
    The committee set up to examine Rooney can only be described as a Kangaroo Court.

They are in fact acting Ultra Vires (exceeding their powers). They are complainant the judge and the jury. I expect it'll be laughed out of court.
    Delaney and Corcoran out know. They are the common denominators in all the crap that has happened in Merriongate since the infamous Night of the long knives when Daddy Delaney fell on his sword.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onceahoop
    The committee set up to examine Rooney can only be described as a Kangaroo Court.

They are in fact acting Ultra Vires (exceeding their powers). They are complainant the judge and the jury. I expect it'll be laughed out of court.
    Delaney and Corcoran out know. They are the common denominators in all the crap that has happened in Merriongate since the infamous Night of the long knives when Daddy Delaney fell on his sword.
    Absolutely. All this sub committee is is lip service to procedure because they'd sack Rooney tomorrow if they could do it anything like legally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by observer
    Definitely a very officious sound to a lot of the postings here.
    I sincerely home that the Sports Council/ government, or whoever, does not let the inquiry into this whole affair be carried out internally by the FAI using a panel of their own picking who already have an agenda.
    Lets get it sorted once and for all who is at fault and to what degree! Surely Delaney and Corcoran must stand for scrutiny along with Rooney?

Sports Council suspends FAI cash allocation
    Tuesday November 2nd 2004

IN the absence of any official response from the FAI to a deadline handed to it last month, the Irish Sports Council (ISC) has suspended €300,000 in funding due to be allocated this year.

The FAI had been given a deadline of last Friday by the ISC to implement the Genesis report although that coincided with the day on which the FAI were attempting to eject their chief executive Fran Rooney.

Despite the fact that several senior FAI figures were in contact with the ISC throughout the weekend, their pleas to apply for mitigation would appear to have fallen on deaf ears, unless there is an 11th-hour reprieve today.

"The deadline has passed and, as there has been no official response from the FAI, the funding earmarked from the ISC for this particular purpose has been suspended," said an ISC spokesman.

The Irish Sports Council are likely to debate the issue at a board meeting this afternoon, although given the manner in which the FAI have opted to proceed with their investigation into Rooney's performance, they are unlikely to budge.

Should the ISC not see any dramatic shift in the FAI's position in the short-term, the funding will be irretrievably forfeited, as the €300,000 figure pertains to this calendar year only. Once it has not been allocated by the ISC, it cannot be carried over to a subsequent year.

Some ISC board members are believed to be dismayed at the fact that the investigation into Rooney's performance is not being independently conducted. Rather, a three-man committee from the FAI's board, two of whom are seen to be compromised on the issue, will perform the investigation.

The ISC was not invited to conduct the investigation by either the FAI's Board or Rooney himself. The latter was still maintaining his silent stance on the matter last night, as he continues to pursue his next options.

That it will be a legal one is predictable enough, as any results put forward by a committee which is perceived to be biased in anyway will be inevitably open to a legal challenge.

The action of the ISC might concentrate a few minds. One of the most disapointing things for me is that at the vote to appoint the three man committee, over 50% of the delegates are reported to have abstained. Have these people been so bullied by Il Presidente and Delaney that there afraid to show their hand. These two Charlatans are running out of road. There action are purely designed to frustrate the CEO and that he might become so frustrated that he'll walk away. Everyone in the country knows this enquiry is a charade including those two Muppets.

The only way we can protest is to stay away from matches and embarass them world wide.

Genesis is out there. Y'all in the FAI voted for it. Yuor behaving like the DUP and the Ulster Unionists looking for renegotiation. Looks like the ISC are saying "NO SURRENDER"

As for those who represent grassroots football on the FAI Council I have this to say to you. It's time to stand up and be counted. Sh1t or get off the pot.
    Last edited by onceahoop; 02/11/2004 at 9:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12