Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayo Underage Soccer

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads have left us to go to ballina and lads have left ballina to join conn rangers but if the lad is going to join or leave to challenge for honours as much as he's betraying the club ya can't really say much....well that's what I'm telling myself to get over our current loss anyways

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowerranger View Post
    i'm confused whats wrong with approaching players to play for ya, if they want to go whats the problem, its a free world
    You have contradicted yourself there. It’s no problem if they want to go – you’re right. Its approaching players at underage level that’s the problem. That’s two separate issues. Youth football is about fun (with their friends and teammates) and also development. Kids have enough pressures these days. Just leave them be and don’t be greedy. Focus on bringing local players up to scratch. That’s what it’s all about really – isn’t it???

At junior level belt away.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    at any level they should be playing where there abilty is not handicaped by where they are born
    You have seriously missed the point there, players are entitled to play wherever they want. But other clubs are not entitled to ring kids parents promising the sun moon and stars and deriding their present club to get a player. We will be reporting two clubs this week for this, not that anything will come from it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    don't think that there's a contradiction in that statement just your interpretation of it, i dont think there is a problem approching players to play for ya, thing a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability, just my opinion which could be wrong i'm not involved in underage soccer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    don't think that there's a contradiction in that statement just your interpretation of it, i dont think there is a problem approching players to play for ya, thing a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability, just my opinion which could be wrong i'm not involved in underage soccer

The3 thing is the club who is trying to lure the player might think here in Mayo they are better than they are really.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Who defines the clubs best equipped to provide the "highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability". Are Manulla better equipped than Partry ?.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Another problem which was highlited by a parent by a father of a lad who a club tried t get him to move, a member of this club is manages the ML team which he should be playing this year, will this manager discriminate against him for not signing for his club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Absolutely agree with The Don on his last post.

"a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability"

What does the highest level mean? Does it mean that they are higher up in the leagues or does it mean that there is more qualified coaches and better youth structures in place? Youth football is about learning and developing and not winning. Just my opinion and I'm not involved with underage 'soccer'.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just a simple question how many clubs in mayo have coaches with youth cert and Uefa B license? So many people on dis want to get their message across that lads got asked to leave their clubs.... Look at salthill and mervue they have all the Galway players signed up by u14 the likes a barna tuam renmore are getting battered so we are getting off lucky in my opinion that it isn't a huge thing in mayo.... If the u17 eircom league comes Sligo and Galway could take any amount of lads off our clubs...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn hawk View Post
    Just a simple question how many clubs in mayo have coaches with youth cert and Uefa B license? So many people on dis want to get their message across that lads got asked to leave their clubs.... Look at salthill and mervue they have all the Galway players signed up by u14 the likes a barna tuam renmore are getting battered so we are getting off lucky in my opinion that it isn't a huge thing in mayo.... If the u17 eircom league comes Sligo and Galway could take any amount of lads off our clubs...
    I would think most clubs would have coaches with youth certificates, if they are the ones the Mayo league provide at regular times. As for UEFA B license we have 2 coaches. Well is galway underage soccer any better than youth soccer in Mayo, we have had numerous national titles and what was the breakdown of the underage titles at Connacht level a couple of weeks ago.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Do I take it so all Conn Rangers youths are up for grabs!!!!!. Devon and Mervue have the pick off Galway City so they are always going to be stronger then the others and I would think no club would begrudge losing players to teams in the U 17 Eircom league. From what I am reading I think they are ****ed to be losing players to clubs of similar size and stature in the Mayo league ie being poached after coaching these players for years.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rava View Post
    Do I take it so all Conn Rangers youths are up for grabs!!!!!. Devon and Mervue have the pick off Galway City so they are always going to be stronger then the others and I would think no club would begrudge losing players to teams in the U 17 Eircom league. From what I am reading I think they are ****ed to be losing players to clubs of similar size and stature in the Mayo league ie being poached after coaching these players for years.
    With some of the results we've got lately maybe Rava maybe

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what killala junior player did connrangers try to sign, its hardly the 1 who played astro with them for an entire winter, hardly the club forcing him if that's who your talking about, how about we agree whoever wins on sunday gets to take 5 players off the other club from any age group, seems fair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeydis View Post
    what killala junior player did connrangers try to sign, its hardly the 1 who played astro with them for an entire winter, hardly the club forcing him if that's who your talking about, how about we agree whoever wins on sunday gets to take 5 players off the other club from any age group, seems fair
    Would have to get the club agreement but most of the club members has other things on there mind this week so I would not be able too agree to that. I don't know who you have been playing on the astro-turf during the winter. There was allegation on here that we have tried too sign a couple of players from your junior ranks, who are they. All I know for sure your club tried to sign a U15 player and 2 u13's players. One of the lads stag party is on this weekend so I don't know what condition they will be in.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roundtower go to bed for yourself and weel see you Sunday, I heard ye have half of Kilmurry playing u15 for ye so much so that they miten have an u16 team so Goodnight

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeydis View Post
    also throw in there pitch!! i admit defeat on this topic, im out of my depth

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Roundtower go to bed for yourself and weel see you Sunday, I heard ye have half of Kilmurry playing u15 for ye so much so that they miten have an u16 team so Goodnight
    Sorry about the delay but a younger brother of our treasurer's died suddenly last week. Maybe if u bother too check Killmurray has no boys team entered in the Mayo youths this year, so we gave them a outlet for any one of the lads who want too play soccer with the understanding that if Killmurray wants them back we wont stand in there way. It would suit you better to improve your playing surface of your pitch

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The under age soccer is coming to the end of the season, this is a subject we as a club has been trying to change since they brought in a couple of years ago with no luck. The dates where a person has to be before they play at a certain age, the exact date you have to be born before a boy plays say under U15 say this year, a lad was 15 last Sunday, he was too old to play in the U15 league this season but if he was a girl he would have been able to play this year. How could the Mayo boys and girls youth association change the rules for the girls and not for the boys. They brought in the age changes saying that for Mayo clubs to play in the FAI youth cup games they had to make the changes, after a lot of pressure from our club the Mayo youths eventualy concede the did not have to change. A number of clubs has said after meetings that we were right but did not support us at the meetings. So you could have players of 12 years who are too old for U12 and have too play at U14 level. Si would ask the people on here if they agree with my clubs views go back to your clubs and get them too support us at meetings and not just be afraid ti stand up to the Mayo youths.
    Another point how do they expect small clubs to field 3 teams for Connaught and FAI school boys cup matches. Last Saturday our U18's had a league game in Killala at 12 noon, our U16's hada Conn. Cup game at 2 pm and our U14's had a game at 2pm in Conn Rangers, why can't they have say U12's and U16's games on 1 weekend and U14's and U18's games on a separate weekend.
    Last edited by Round Tower; 16/09/2014 at 10:19 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Why do they arrange the FAI and Connaught school cup matches for the three and sometimes four age groups the same day, which is very hard for small clubs like us. Take last Sat., our U18's was at home at 12 noon in the league, our U16's was at home in the Connaught cup at 2pm, our U14's was playing Conn Rangers away in the Conn. cup at 2pm and our juniors was away to Westport Utd B in the league at 5.30. We just about played all 4 matches but if we had not all them matches too play we could have done better. Why not play U12's and U16's one Saterday and U14's and U18's on a different day.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    Why do they arrange the FAI and Connaught school cup matches for the three and sometimes four age groups the same day, which is very hard for small clubs like us. Take last Sat., our U18's was at home at 12 noon in the league, our U16's was at home in the Connaught cup at 2pm, our U14's was playing Conn Rangers away in the Conn. cup at 2pm and our juniors was away to Westport Utd B in the league at 5.30. We just about played all 4 matches but if we had not all them matches too play we could have done better. Why not play U12's and U16's one Saterday and U14's and U18's on a different day.
    It can be complicated if managers manage one or more teams within a club, but it's hard for them too because they've so many fixtures to play and just have Saturday and Sunday this time of year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast