Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Series 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Deserved win for Waterford last night. Much improved from recent weeks. But I'd still be concerned about the lack of goals from our strikers. So far it's looking like its going to be our biggest downfall. Once again we kept another clean to give us 6 clean sheets out of 8 games. Former Bohemians man Shane Murray is starting to look a very good player in midfield for us since he returned after a spell on the side lines. We got a wee bit of luck for the first goal but it was deserved, through Winn missing the ball leaving Pa acting quickest to score for the second week running. Didn't really see the second goal only seen Doherty been played through on goal where he had good composure to slot it past the keeper. We deservedly got a red card when Doherty dived, think it's he's second or third hes got a booking for diving this year.

Overall we looked in control of the game from when we went one nil up and scored the second goal at the right time.

Finn Harps on the other hand are a poor poor side, I've seen them twice this year and they haven't looked good at all. Didn't create much, no real style of play and offered nothing to neither game. Even when we went down to ten men with 35 minutes remaining they didn't look like scoring. If anything we came closet to scoring. Burns mad a couple of saves for us but as he's a keeper you'd expect him to make them saves. Harps didn't deserve anything from the game. Harps players were tackling poorly at times. At one stage a Harps player torn a Waterford player off the pitch for no reason whats so ever. Number six for Harps fouled several times, chaps not able to tackle.

Referee was awful blew the whistle any chance he could. Wouldn't leave the game flow. The referee was right to send off Doherty for us, as from where I was standing it looked very minimal contact.

Poor attendance. Hopefully we can built on the last two wins as we're starting to play a lot better. Next week against Galway will be a big game where I'd take a draw.

Once again great atmosphere in the RSC great to see so many young teens involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    I tend to believe that luck evens itself out over the course of a season.

One week you get a bit of luck, the next it might go against you. But over the course of a season the best teams will usually come out on top.
    The best team always wins the league. Always.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    By registered post...
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityRebel View Post
    You wouldn't know much about honest football, half of the Pat's team resemble Bambi on Ice.
    I'm glad this new Cork team was set up to save the integrity of football
    Here on a technicality.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    1-1 here at ht between the Town and Galway.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    I'm glad this new Cork team was set up to save the integrity of football
    To be fair, there's been a massive void for a truly morally-superior football team ever since Barcelona took the money from the Qatar Foundation. We, in our drug-addled Dublin stupors, can only hope to learn from their example.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    You wouldn't know much about honest football, half of the Pat's team resemble Bambi on Ice.
    ha ha, i forgot how much we upset you earlier on the season.

Well i hope Christy"Bambi on Ice" Fagan, keeps up his act. he's on fire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    We should've had a peno at the start of the Sligo game when Rogers knocked out Buckley, so 4 points robbed by poor refereeing decisions. Not to mention the questionable sending off of Dunleavy against yourselves and the impact that had on the game.
    Rubbish

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Rubbish
    Agreed. They should have had two, one for the foul and a second for being the sole beacon of honesty and integrity in an increasingly dishonourable sport.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Agreed. They should have had two, one for the foul and a second for being the sole beacon of honesty and integrity in an increasingly dishonourable sport.
    Naw more like a score for putting the ball over the bar and 3 for back of the net and maybe even 1 for a wide. Bonus points too for being the only side that suffers from poor officialdom

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Personally I don't think that should of been a peno against Sligo for the alleged punch on buckley.. sure I was raging about the goal not being given the other night but shur the ref is only human and made the decision he thought was right at that moment and from whatever angle he seen it from it wasn't the same as us or the the camera man that took the shots.. these kind of decisions can happen to anyone at any time.. delighted with our start so far but real tests coming in the next 2 weeks with dundalk and pats away would love at least 1 win out of those games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Always thought our last league title in 1995 was a little fortunate, we were 3rd on the last day, and I'd say if the season went on another 2 weeks we would not have held on. Think we lost something like 8 games too. Also it took 2 results and our own game obviously to go in our favour, including missed penalty by Derry away to Athlone, we won it by a point. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the celebrations but still thought it was a most unlikely league title. We got relegated 4 seasons later.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,221 Posts
    He wasn't on the line when the shot was taken, he was in the 6 yard box, as was the keeper.
    Having looked at it again, you might have a point alright! Though the angle's not the best.

Here's the main bits from the Derry-UCD game on Friday. The last clip is our second goal ruled out for offside apparently. Now that's blatant.

Also worth watching for the reaction from the Derry fans to Benson's goal.

Last edited by pineapple stu; 29/04/2014 at 9:06 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Always thought our last league title in 1995 was a little fortunate, we were 3rd on the last day, and I'd say if the season went on another 2 weeks we would not have held on. Think we lost something like 8 games too. Also it took 2 results and our own game obviously to go in our favour, including missed penalty by Derry away to Athlone, we won it by a point. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the celebrations but still thought it was a most unlikely league title. We got relegated 4 seasons later.
    Cork Iterations winning the league in `92-`93`after finishing third on goal difference is another one that might counter Dodges theory!
    Just enough time has passed for me to speak of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    They brought in that rule about goal difference after just to rub salt in the wounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    There is no excuse for the goal that was disallowed last night. Everyone in the ground apart from the ref and linesman knew it was a good goal.
    Not based on soccer republic coverage last night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Are you questioning the honesty and moral superiority of Cork City Football Club?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    I didn't see the show, but I was right in front of the incident. It should have been a goal. What did they show? I have an image of Murphy dropping the ball and then they just cut to the 'Blazzing Saddles' scene of Mongo punching the horse, and then we see Neil Doyle whistling for a free-out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Genuinely too difficult to tell from the footage because of the camera being so far away. They can zoom in only so many times before the quality of the footage is completely lost.
    It was very, very close though. The goalkeeper seemed to have his hands on the ball just as the forward put his foot in, but milliseconds would be the difference really as to whether he actually had control of the ball or not, as I believe the rule is that the goalkeeper has to have control of the ball with both his hands before it's deemed a foul.

Some referees will give it, and some won't. It's just one of those things in football that can go either way, and unfortunately for Cork, it went against them this time. I know, as a goalkeeper myself, were that given as a goal against me, I'd be absolutely livid.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast