Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Finn harps at home

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts

Finn harps at home

A bit early in the week I know but with everything else that's going on thought id get the ball rolling early. Changes needed from the last 2 games id put Mulhall and Rhys back in there and with Flynn suspended play Havo inside. Willie Tyrell was one of our best defenders by a mile last season and I can not understand how Glenn O'connor can be playing in front of him that must change this weekend or cousins needs a boot up the arse.

Don is far more threatening out wide than Russell but maybe it's time Don got the nod up top alongside Sully. What's everyone's thoughts on team selection this weekend? Stick with the 4-3-3/ 4-2/-3-1 or go 4-4-2?
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I think 4.3.3 when we have the ball dropping to 4.5.1 when we don't have it, I agree with you Havo should play CH then he won't go forward and forget to come back, he gets caught out of position a lot at right back (I think), I also agree with you about Willie Tyreel and Jamie Mulhall left and right backs,
    The 3 in the cm should stay but if Finn Harps have a young midfield then Stephen Rice won't be able to play for 10mins rest for 5 like he usually does, he was caught out by rovers young midfield time and again on Sunday, Kevin O Connor was nackered as well, I'm not slagging either of them but they are coming to the end of the careers and don't have the stamina or pace of lads years younger than them, De Town only got control of the midfield when Rhys Gorman came on after half time, it wasn't all down to Rhys but he was very badly missed in the first half,
    I would like to see Don Cowan up front at least once, he looks quick and is certainly strong but he looks a 1 trick pony on the wing, I thought Gary Shaw was very good on the wing last year he doesn't seem as good as a striker (to me anyway)
    I think when the transfer window comes we will be getting rid of a few players, I would bench some to put them under pressure no point in keeping a guy just because he is on fire for 2 games coming up to the transfer period
    Very early to be looking to get rid of anyone but we would need to start going on a run points wise sooner rather than later.
    we are potentially 2 games away from a chance of silverware in the Leinster cup I hope we try to win it, it would be a good moral boost for the whole club and might be that little spark that finally gets the club out of the first division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I think 4.3.3 when we have the ball dropping to 4.5.1 when we don't have it, I agree with you Havo should play CH then he won't go forward and forget to come back, he gets caught out of position a lot at right back (I think), I also agree with you about Willie Tyreel and Jamie Mulhall left and right backs,
    The 3 in the cm should stay but if Finn Harps have a young midfield then Stephen Rice won't be able to play for 10mins rest for 5 like he usually does, he was caught out by rovers young midfield time and again on Sunday, Kevin O Connor was nackered as well, I'm not slagging either of them but they are coming to the end of the careers and don't have the stamina or pace of lads years younger than them, De Town only got control of the midfield when Rhys Gorman came on after half time, it wasn't all down to Rhys but he was very badly missed in the first half,
    I would like to see Don Cowan up front at least once, he looks quick and is certainly strong but he looks a 1 trick pony on the wing, I thought Gary Shaw was very good on the wing last year he doesn't seem as good as a striker (to me anyway)
    I think when the transfer window comes we will be getting rid of a few players, I would bench some to put them under pressure no point in keeping a guy just because he is on fire for 2 games coming up to the transfer period
    Very early to be looking to get rid of anyone but we would need to start going on a run points wise sooner rather than later.
    we are potentially 2 games away from a chance of silverware in the Leinster cup I hope we try to win it, it would be a good moral boost for the whole club and might be that little spark that finally gets the club out of the first division
    O'Connor is 28 and Rice is 29 so they are no where near the end of their careers. Shaw is not a winger and I think if hes moved out there again it may be the final straw with a lot of fans, just because you play a big man up front doesnt mean you have to constantly play long ball. Spurs were a team who were excellent at this a number of years ago under Harry Redknapp with Peter Crouch in the team, they would always have 70+% possession but would be able to thrrow in the odd diagonal ball to open up the pitch or split the defence with a flick on, thats what we need to learn to do, mix our game up.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Hopefully be a decent crowd of Harps fans down on the night. Were it on Friday night you could have been looking at 150 or more Harps fans down, but there'll be the usual 60-70 or so down I'd imagine on Saturday. Most likely a bus load of us going down, but a good 70% of Harps travelling support goes by car.

Few of us joining ye before the game anyway in the pub for a brew!
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Really only 28 and 29 I thought they were way older than that, just goes to show don't judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Hopefully be a decent crowd of Harps fans down on the night. Were it on Friday night you could have been looking at 150 or more Harps fans down, but there'll be the usual 60-70 or so down I'd imagine on Saturday. Most likely a bus load of us going down, but a good 70% of Harps travelling support goes by car.

Few of us joining ye before the game anyway in the pub for a brew!
    Thought that said brawl but a pint will do I suppose 👊🍻

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Terrible game and 2 awful teams but a wins a win, hope we play better stuff against Galway but will take same result every time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    That was a shocking game of football. I don't remember us having a shot on target apart from the peno. Will someone please tell me what Peter Hynes does that Gary Shaw can't do twice as good. Hynes didn't win a ball in the air all night and Shaw made a big difference when he came in. Was Don injured? This shyte can't continue!