Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Alan Browne M Sunderland b.1995

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Has turned down a new contract at Preston which would make him their highest-paid player ever, and looks to be moving on after 10 years. Was named Player of the Year for a second time this year.
    Interesting ~ ~ I suppose his next contract will be the biggest and most important to his long term future / earnings ~ ~ I suppose nobody could blame him for wanting to max-out on that, considering his age.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Interesting ~ ~ I suppose his next contract will be the biggest and most important to his long term future / earnings ~ ~ I suppose nobody could blame him for wanting to max-out on that, considering his age.
    He has had an excellent career and helped preston up from.league 1. Hopefully gets that seria A move , big signing on fee and good money for 3 or 4 years contract

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    seems as though its not money but the manager is the reason hes leaving according to PNE fans. they are not happy at all

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Time for him to move on anyway. I don't know whether he'll ever make the EPL but he deserves a shot at a Championship club where he'll have a fighting chance of promotion, which isn't really the case at Preston.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Time for him to move on anyway. I don't know whether he'll ever make the EPL but he deserves a shot at a Championship club where he'll have a fighting chance of promotion, which isn't really the case at Preston.
    This is fair and correct. Nowhere near consistent enough for the premier League. Will have a good career seen out in the championship.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thought he should have moved on three years ago instead of signing a new contract. Maybe he didn't have any decent offers at the time or out of loyalty stuck around.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Coventry City are keen to sign Browne, given Callum O'Hare's departure and the release of Liam Kelly. However soccer reporter Alan Nixon thinks Coventry and Sheffield Utd may yet fail to sign Browne, as PNE seem to be upping their offer in a bid to retain him. (www.coventrytelegraph.net)

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Sheffield United probably his best bet out of those if he wants a crack at promotion in the next couple of years. They'll at least have the PL parachute money to rebuild and seem to have spent next to nothing in the Premier League.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    If he's staying in England it would be interesting to see if he can make a late dash to Premiership for a season via a promotion with someone like Sheff United.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Wikipedia has him at 374 appearances for Preston since 2014. Surely he must be up there in terms of most appearances for a single club in England? He could have five years left him him playing for them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Officially leaves Preston as of today after ten years at the club and 414 appearances scoring 46 goals.

Surprised at the lack of news about his next move. Would have thought someone in Browne's situation would already have a club sorted by now.

New three year deal, supposedly the best deal anyone's gotten, club captain, and has been at the club since he was 18. Would have expected him to have a new club got weeks ago.

Officially he was able to sign a pre contract with English clubs as of June 1st and there's been no rumours whatsoever about his future I believe.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Linked with Sheffield United and Coventry, according to the Lancashire Evening Post and Yorkshire Post today.
    Apparently Preston turned down an offer from Salernitana (Italy) back in January.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Linked with Sheffield United and Coventry, according to the Lancashire Evening Post and Yorkshire Post today.
    Apparently Preston turned down an offer from Salernitana (Italy) back in January.
    Obviously ~ ~ Not an offer that they couldn't refuse !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Officially leaves Preston as of today after ten years at the club and 414 appearances scoring 46 goals.

Surprised at the lack of news about his next move. Would have thought someone in Browne's situation would already have a club sorted by now.

New three year deal, supposedly the best deal anyone's gotten, club captain, and has been at the club since he was 18. Would have expected him to have a new club got weeks ago.

Officially he was able to sign a pre contract with English clubs as of June 1st and there's been no rumours whatsoever about his future I believe.
    Yes he was mentioned on RTÉ radio yesterday as having something like their 5th most appearances for the club
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Perhaps still hopeful of playing in the Premiership some day, Browne has travelled to Sunderland and initial discussions have gone well.

Sunderland hold talks with Alan Browne (the72.co.uk)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    I think Sunderland would be a good move for him
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    I don't think he's a Premier League standard player, but he might be the type that could get there for a short period and play a brief role at that level, like Hourihane did. He was never going to achieve that with Preston so maybe worth spinning the wheel and trying somewhere else.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    I don't think he's a Premier League standard player, but he might be the type that could get there for a short period and play a brief role at that level, like Hourihane did. He was never going to achieve that with Preston so maybe worth spinning the wheel and trying somewhere else.
    Not sure if Sunderland are likely to be anything like this, but Browne is the type of player that if he had been promoted with Sheffield United under Wilder in 19/20, he could easily have had the impact of Fleck, Lundstram or Norwood in the Premiership. Good player, fitting into a specific system with three in midfield, capable of working hard, has a good engine and can get into the end of things.

He is also at the level that if he does well in the Championship and you are promoted, you probably hold onto him and for the attributes like the above.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Confirmed to Sunderland on a three year deal. A reasonable move for him hopefully, needs the change of scenery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Confirmed to Sunderland on a three year deal. A reasonable move for him hopefully, needs the change of scenery.
    At the very least I hope he got himself a solid pay rise. It's probably more of a move sideways, but Sunderland definitely have more potential for long term upward mobility.

24. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast