Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FAI Senior Cup 2014

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    PRO had initially said it would be in Turners Cross. Don't shoot the messenger.

For the record, all this messing around has severely hit the amount of Harps fans that'll be travelling down. Most don't fancy a 6am start to head to Cork and back for a 2pm kick-off.
    No wonder if most of them are OAPs.
    I'll tell them to cancel the 50 seater covered stand so.

No one involved with the club ever mentioned the Cross to me, Avondale always had their minds set on playing at home.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    For the record, all this messing around has severely hit the amount of Harps fans that'll be travelling down. Most don't fancy a 6am start to head to Cork and back for a 2pm kick-off.
    Not being funny but what messing around? You were drawn away to Avondale and they're playing it at their home ground on their normal day. Any messing around is purely down to Harps thinking it might go to Turners Cross, when it seems clear that was never a runner.

Even with the messing, its still a week away and the game is a Sunday so likely no need to arrange days off for most
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Not being funny but what messing around? You were drawn away to Avondale and they're playing it at their home ground on their normal day. Any messing around is purely down to Harps thinking it might go to Turners Cross, when it seems clear that was never a runner.

Even with the messing, its still a week away and the game is a Sunday so likely no need to arrange days off for most
    Hotels and accomodation are more expensive on short notice. Nobody knew what day or what venue it'd be until a few days ago. The club weren't able to book any accomodation or travel arrangements until they knew what day it'd be.
    Supporters were due to travel in larger numbers if it was a Friday night. It's proving very difficult to get people to travel at 6am.

Whatever the lads are saying above, Avondale PRO had initially said it'd be held in Turners Cross and the FAI were pushing for the game to be held in Turners Cross. It was only when Avondale kicked up a fuss about it that it was allowed to be held in a ground not up to any sort of standard.

The messing around was a lack of communication between Harps and FAI and Avondale. Even when the FAI released the media list of fixtures, nobody had actually contacted Finn Harps to confirm the date/venue/time.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Whatever the lads are saying above, Avondale PRO had initially said it'd be held in Turners Cross and the FAI were pushing for the game to be held in Turners Cross. It was only when Avondale kicked up a fuss about it that it was allowed to be held in a ground not up to any sort of standard.

The messing around was a lack of communication between Harps and FAI and Avondale. Even when the FAI released the media list of fixtures, nobody had actually contacted Finn Harps to confirm the date/venue/time.
    If the ground didn't meet the FAIs requirements then it wouldn't be in Avondale Park.

I'm not involved with Avondale so wouldn't have been party to what communication they had with Harps.

Surely any official communication on the whole thing should come from Abbottstown.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    If the ground didn't meet the FAIs requirements then it wouldn't be in Avondale Park.

I'm not involved with Avondale so wouldn't have been party to what communication they had with Harps.

Surely any official communication on the whole thing should come from Abbottstown.
    My main annoyance lies with the FAI, as I said above, the lack of communication between Harps, the FAI and Avondale was where all the messing has come from.

I'm only going by the information I've been given too, like yourself razor.

The problems with Avondale Park lay with dugouts being too small and the dressing rooms being too far from the pitch going by what I was told.

I've said it elsewhere, but it's the only league and only governing body in the world that'd let rubbish like this happen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    My main annoyance lies with the FAI, as I said above, the lack of communication between Harps, the FAI and Avondale was where all the messing has come from.

I'm only going by the information I've been given too, like yourself razor.

The problems with Avondale Park lay with dugouts being too small and the dressing rooms being too far from the pitch going by what I was told.

I've said it elsewhere, but it's the only league and only governing body in the world that'd let rubbish like this happen.

Whats has the distance the dressings rooms are from pitch got too do with anything?? In fairness now your clutching at straws! Yer away from home get over it!

8. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Whats has the distance the dressings rooms are from pitch got too do with anything?? In fairness now your clutching at straws! Yer away from home get over it!
    To be fair to Nigel I think he's correct.
    Avondale are having to cordon off a pathway from the dressing rooms to the pitch and increase the size of the dugouts.
    Graham Kelly reffing so they won't have the travel expense for the ref at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    You'd want to wise up with your chat Sparks. The dressing rooms have to be within a certain distance from the pitch as per regulations, I'm not clutching at any straws here, I'm going by what the FAI have said.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    You'd be going mad for Finn Harps , said no one ever !! Get on with it, you've been drawn away from home, except that the home team will suit themselves, let's not forget that LOI teams very rarely help ameture sides when there drawn away from home. Fair play to Avondale for sticking by there guns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    You'd be going mad for Finn Harps , said no one ever !! Get on with it, you've been drawn away from home, except that the home team will suit themselves, let's not forget that LOI teams very rarely help ameture sides when there drawn away from home. Fair play to Avondale for sticking by there guns.
    I'm sorry, but I can't take you in any way seriously with such bad spelling and grammar.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I'm sorry, but I can't take you in any way seriously with such bad spelling and grammar.
    sure if you were talking and not typing we wouldn't have a clue what you were on about either

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I'm sorry I can't take you seriously either as you support Finn Harps !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ouch!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Classic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I can see why so many Intermediate threads and posts are binned on this site now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Dale 1 harps 1 with 10 to go.harps were 1 up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    All over.finished 1-1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Mid week replay in Donegal. Alot of expense between today and Wednesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Not a great game to be honest, Podge getting MOTM speaks volumes really , made some great saves true out the 90mins. still cant understand how the harps manager didnt keel over . he never stopped roaring , good laugh all the same from a really poor affair. Also when harps went 1 up the deliberately tried to slow down the game and hit the deck at any stage to get the ref to stall dales getting any momentum but credit dales they got the equalizer and held out for a draw.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    What estimate on the crowd at the game and the fact that any gate recipts are split between both clubs plus a percentage to the FAI?
    A Crowd of a few hundred and there would'nt be much to cover all the overheads!
    I can only guess that Avondale had some good sponsors helping out I hope!
    I suppose the Cross was an obvious non-starter considering the MFA wanted somewhere in the region of €5,000 rental.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast