Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

Thread: FAI Senior Cup 2014

  1. #21
    Reserves
    Joined
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Turners Cross - I wish!
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Derry appear to have an amazing propensity to be paired with non-league sides every season - or is that just my imagination?
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

  2. #22
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    Derry appear to have an amazing propensity to be paired with non-league sides every season - or is that just my imagination?
    Was it blarney they had last year, or the year before?

  3. #23
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    St michaels 0 Avondale 1

  4. #24
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    St michaels 0 Avondale 1
    Any report? Team lineups etc??

  5. #25
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Finished 0-0, even enough throughout, horrible conditions all day, Michaels had the better of the last 10/15 but bar a deflected shot narrowly wide, created little.
    Dale had a huge penalty shout denied in the first half but didn't create a whole lot.

  6. #26
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    521
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    St michaels 0 Avondale 1
    Incorrect. St.Michaels 0, Avondale 0. Replay at Avondale next Saturday k.o. 6pm. Played in persistent rain the game saw two strong defences dominate. St.Michaels probably had greater share of the play but were weak up front. The Tipp Town side were short 4 of their F.A.I. Junior cup winning side including their two strikers Slattery and Quinn. The longer the game went on the more Avondale were content to play for a draw. As a Tipperary person I don't know any of the Avondale players. They are a good footballing side and will probably fancy getting through at home.

  7. #27
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northside
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    St michaels 0 Avondale 1
    Yellow card. Nil all draw.

  8. #28
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Yellow card. Nil all draw.
    Posted result that rte news at 6 showed.my bad and damn those rte fools

  9. #29
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Posted result that rte news at 6 showed.my bad and damn those rte fools
    Yeah I got a number of texts from folks who knew I was going up who saw that on the 6pm sports news.
    Seemingly they called out 0-0 but displayed 0-1. (bet they wouldn't have got a GAA result wrong )
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

    http://worddok.blogspot.com

  10. #30
    Reserves pateen's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    497
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    Incorrect. St.Michaels 0, Avondale 0. Replay at Avondale next Saturday k.o. 6pm. Played in persistent rain the game saw two strong defences dominate. St.Michaels probably had greater share of the play but were weak up front. The Tipp Town side were short 4 of their F.A.I. Junior cup winning side including their two strikers Slattery and Quinn. The longer the game went on the more Avondale were content to play for a draw. As a Tipperary person I don't know any of the Avondale players. They are a good footballing side and will probably fancy getting through at home.
    I would have gone to it if I had been home. Was there a big crowd in Cooke Park for it?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

  11. #31
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Was there a big crowd in Cooke Park for it?
    Not really, you can see the crowd from the highlights.

    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10317317/

    go to 25:00
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

    http://worddok.blogspot.com

  12. #32
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Replay moved back 30 minutes to 5.30pm to allow for extra time and penalties if required.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

    http://worddok.blogspot.com

  13. #33
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dale 1up at HT, Michaels had a pen saved

  14. #34
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,087
    Thanked in
    1,801 Posts
    Any update on this? Can't seem to find anything online.

    Would assume they'll be looking to play the quarter final on the Sunday too or will they be requesting a change in venue to maximise financial potential?

  15. #35
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dale won 2-0, Both ended with 10 men and Michaels missed another pen

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #36
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,087
    Thanked in
    1,801 Posts
    Any idea when a decision is to be made on venue and date/time razor?

  18. #37
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Any idea when a decision is to be made on venue and date/time razor?
    None yet.

    Will be talking to the chairman tomorrow, can ask him then.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

    http://worddok.blogspot.com

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #38
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,360
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,087
    Thanked in
    1,801 Posts
    Rumours are afloat around here itll be on the Friday night in Turners Cross. Avondale want their own ground but both FAI and Harps want the cross due to potential support size, lack of seats and facilities for elderly travelling fans.

  21. #39
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Rumours are afloat around here itll be on the Friday night in Turners Cross. Avondale want their own ground but both FAI and Harps want the cross due to potential support size, lack of seats and facilities for elderly travelling fans.

    Makes more sense to play it in the crosss. When is the game fixed for?

  22. #40
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyBHFC View Post
    Makes more sense to play it in the crosss. When is the game fixed for?
    Weekend after this is the set weekend.
    City have no game that weekend but the cost to Avondale in renting the Cross for the game would be the only sticking point.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

    http://worddok.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 612
    Last Post: 25/08/2016, 1:30 PM
  2. Munster Senior Cup 2014/2015
    By razor in forum Intermediate Leagues
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10/05/2015, 3:52 PM
  3. Leinster Senior Cup 2014
    By atfconline in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 17/09/2014, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •