Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: James Farrell RIP

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

James Farrell RIP

I am surprised that there isnt a thread set up but I got the sad news this morning that one of our founding members of Section O James Farrell sadly passed away from a heart attack. He was there in Section O from the very start and was always one of the first to join in the banter and the slagging of opposing players. Over the last few years he wouldnt have come over to our side but he still attended the odd match.

He was working in BOI Dublin the last few years and was let go from his job. He would have worked in Hanlons out the Dublin Road since he finished up in Dublin but I had no idea that he wasnt well. He would have seen more of my wee sister than of me recently but he would have always have asked how me and Podge got on. I am distraught over his passing and hope he is having a nicer life up there and knowing him I am confident that he will ask the powers that be can we finally get promoted this season.

I had not seen James for a few months but I look forward to catching up after the next life. He is the first of the original Section O to pass away. It was a pleasure knowing him and may he RIP.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I think I remember the lad from the old days alright, hadn't heard about his passing. He was young enough wasn't he? Terrible news. RIP James.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    yep he was early thirties. he would have called into john joe reillys for pints afterwards to join us. He was from Moydow. His dad is Seamus Farrell the musician and he used to drive the school buses.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

4. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah that's who I was thinking of. Would have been in his company a few times in JJ's now that I think of it. Shocking news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I knew James well... he always had a smile on his face and he had a great sense of humour. The news of his death has floored me and at only 25 years of age he has gone far too soon. Called out to the family home this afternoon to sympathise and it was heartbreaking.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki-Taka View Post
    I knew James well... he always had a smile on his face and he had a great sense of humour. The news of his death has floored me and at only 25 years of age he has gone far too soon. Called out to the family home this afternoon to sympathise and it was heartbreaking.
    FFS. 25 years of age, that's horrendous. Certainly puts things like getting worked up over results like Saturday's in perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    James was a true gentleman. An honour to have met his acquaintance over the years at the matches. Far too young. Heartfelt sympathies to his family.
    My mum met him when he was working for BOI in Castlerea, somehow they got chatting and Longford Town came up. She always commented what a lovely person he was.

RIP James.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Lovely lad, Moydow not the best after the news! Status on the Moydow GAA page said he was 26. Also, funeral in Ardagh on Thursday at 12 from what I am being told!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    I didn't know James but anytime you hear of someone dying so young it does as the lads say above really make you think about things and put life into perspective. Sympathies to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Very very sad to go so young.Such a genuine nice fella who was always eager to talk about the Town or his beloved Villa when you'd meet him.

Rest in Peace

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Thought I was getting mixed up with someone else when I saw it on facebook, as I didn't think it could be him - shocking news with him being just a young fella.

RIP, and condolences to his family.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Went to school with james,he was just a genuinely nice person. RIP

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Sad news alright, it seems the nice ones always go young, didn't know James myself, I think it would be a nice touch to show respected if Section O and the team wore black armbands tonight
    RIP

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Gutted to hear the news. Brilliant lad, always chirpy and a very witty guy. Had time for everyone and one of life´s good people. He was hilarious on Facebook also, will miss his good humour. Legend. RIP James. Will raise a glass next time I´m home.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

17. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi all,
    I am James' younger sister I would have been at more recent games with him. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for you're kind words about James it means a lot to myself and my family to know he made such an impact on people. However, I saw a few wrong details about James that I wanted to correct because I wouldn't like to see false information going around about him. He was 25 when he died, 3 weeks before his 26th birthday. He never worked in the BOI or Dublin. He worked in the AIB in Castlerea and Ballaghaderreen in the same branch then moved to Cork doing case studies. He worked in gala from when it opened until up to when he died despite having his job in the bank if Paddy was stuck or needed a hand James would go in and cover. He didn't have a heart attack he was born with a heart complaint that limited what he could do but he never let it stop him or let on that it was a serious health issue but he died peacefully in his sleep. I'm sorry for this message to be so long but I just wouldn't want to see or hear things about him that wasn't true. Thank you all again for your respects and kind words.
    Regards,
    Tara.

19. Thanks From: