Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Life2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Half Life2

Am I alone in loving half life to the extent I find it nigh on sexual?

Eagerly anticipating hl12, andy1 else play CS or DoD
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Half Life 1 was the job ... really brilliant game, start to finish .... haven't played two yet ... whats the story with it ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Nobody has played HL2 yet its released "soon", that said it was due for release in March 2003. Its got the largest engine of any game ever apparently, with HL2 there are new the new mods, Counterstrike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source.
    j'accuse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'm looking forward to it alright, although with all the hype and expectations heaped upon iti'm worried it won;t live up to expectations.

that and my garphics card prolly won't be able to handle it. i'll have to ask santa for a new one.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'll give ya the required spec later, but ill wanna be an unreal graphix card
    j'accuse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    does half life 2 need to be registered over the net? cause i don;t have the net at home, does that mean i won't actually be able to play it?? stupid fcuking steam
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yup it does

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3135869

that means i can't play it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Got one of those ATI cards last year that were meant to have HL2 bundled with them, voucher was included with the card instead. Using Valves download system Steam I've already got it on my comp just needs to be unlocked on release day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good article documenting the whole history of the game here

got me through an hour of work anyways!
    Last edited by Ruairi; 15/11/2004 at 9:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I would recommend those about to buy HL2 to do it all by the book 'cos if you go a messin' with ze CD keys you will be banned from pretty much everywhere, filtering onto your HL2 Steam and you won't get onto CS:Source or DayofDefeat:Source, and I'd recommend the Silver Pack for anyone who plays on the internet its €79.99 I think.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Which I should add sounds pricey but you get HL2 and the new versions of CounterStrike and Day of Defeat which are complete games simply running on the HL2 engine so for the money its three great games.
    j'accuse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman
    Which I should add sounds pricey but you get HL2 and the new versions of CounterStrike and Day of Defeat which are complete games simply running on the HL2 engine so for the money its three great games.
    Will bots be included in those versions of CS and DoD? so i can play offline like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Oooh er, there will be bots on internet servers in the early hours, to keep the servers open as to whether or not multiplayer will be available off line i'm not sure, but since games such as Halo/Halo2 have incorporated this I would think there will be bots in HL2 offline but not CS and DoD, but thats only a guess.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Mon DoD server/clan [CF] Clan Server (UK) 83.142.52.8:27015
    j'accuse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You play HL2 yet CCFCman? it's cool! except ya know when you're running through a corridoor and the "loading" sign comes up inthe middle of the screen? in a normal game it takes like a second to load, but for me it takes 20 seconds+. It's a pain in the hole really

piratemousey
    this game is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    it really is sexual.
    im playing a bit of counter strike:source at the moment online. its killer,dude.
    killer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bought this around christmas only got it installed today (which in total took well over an hour) but it was worth it. It is a stunning game. I didn't think the first one was all that and never really got into it but this is superb, best PC game I've played since the legendary Deus Ex, which incidentally I'd recommend to anyone. Possibley the best game ever made and you could pick it up now for around a tenner! Never got the attention it deserved.

I'm also nicely suprised by how well this game runs on my pc, apart from the odd loading time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    I hate the fact that you have to be connected to the net everytime you want to play the thing though, it authenticates the copy of the game with Valve. Anti-piracy is one thing, stopping people without net connections from playing the game is taking the p!ss.

On a different note, the physics engine was developed by a company based in Dublin - Havok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    I hate the fact that you have to be connected to the net everytime you want to play the thing though, it authenticates the copy of the game with Valve. Anti-piracy is one thing, stopping people without net connections from playing the game is taking the p!ss.
    You don't, I haven't been on the net once while playing it. Disconnect from the net and try to run it it should give you an option for offline mode and the game will run fine, it does with me anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    You don't, I haven't been on the net once while playing it. Disconnect from the net and try to run it it should give you an option for offline mode and the game will run fine, it does with me anyway.
    although there's a bug which means that if you dont connect to steam for 30 days it disables offl ine mode. that happened to me and i now have a perfectly legitimate copy of HL2 which i cant play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast