Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: UCD in Europe, again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

UCD in Europe, again

Was pleased to hear UCD completed the three in a row on Sunday prior to the main event.

Members of the assembled crowd were heard chanting "4-1 to the ... in blue" much to the bemusement of the Longfordian masses when the teams from the WFAI cup final were brought on at half time in the men's game.

I believe CollegetilIdie attended so hopefully he can elaborate on what happened in the game.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up UCD in Europe

Aberdonian Stu... no I was confined to quarters with a relapse of the flu.
    Details however were that U.C.D. took the lead through former Republic of Ireland international midfielder Sharon Cullen. Captain Sylvia Gee recently capped against Northern Ireland and the Faeroe Islands, made it 2-0 on 34 minutes. Dundalk's Sonya Hoey was upended in the penalty area and Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper Janine Pepper slotted home the resultant spot-kick to make it 2-1 on 36 minutes. Sylvia Gee made it 3-1 on the stroke of half-time. The result or should I say outcome was put beyond doubt when former Underage International Mazzarello Sweeney grabbed a 4th goal on 74 minutes to leave the final score 4-1. This win was achieved despite being without Republic of Ireland internationals Niamh Connolly and striker Carmel Kissane who were missing through injury

Congratulations to all the players involved, the hard working committee, and last by no means least to the Manager Larry O'Mahoney and his assistant Rory O'Hare. The domestic Treble of Premier Division Championship title ( with a 100% record), Premier League Cup and W.F.A.I. Cup secured in a record breaking season. This Cup was three in a row and secures a place in next season's Women's U.E.F.A. Cup which is the Leading club competition in the Women's game sort of a Women's version of the Champions League.

The victorious panel was:- Niamh Spratt; Norah Stapleton, Sinead Forde, Nicola Lindsay; Karina Kelly; Sharon Cullen, Mary Waldron, Caroline Thorpe, Louise Kearney; Sylvia Gee, Mazzarello Sweeney; Sinead Coakley, Sharon Horgan, Kim Turner, Angie Callaghan.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 26/10/2004 at 10:22 PM.