Well done Longford Town.
    I knew ye could beet those kn@ckers.
    First Division Champions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hope ye do better in europe next season tho!
    First Division Champions

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well done the towen!
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

congrats

well done lads congrats well deserved
    this starting to look like a longford love in
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    well done lads congrats well deserved
    this starting to look like a longford love in
    I couldn't give a sh!t about Longford, they are just another small club who are pretty much irrelevant to us apart from the 4 times a year when we play them. However, today I think most City fans are very thankful to them indeed.

I'd say it's more of a Waterford hate in than a Longford love in!!

I have a question for some of the Longford fans, did it annoy ye to see 6000-7000 people there today supporting Longford when there was only about 600-700 in Flancare last week for your game against us? Do ye welcome so many daytrippers?
    I suppose if you could even convert an extra thousand or two into proper football fans and get them to support Longford on a regualar basis it's worth having them there.
    I just thought there was a very weird atmosphere at the game today, it seemed like a cross between a load of bogger ole olers and a load of GAA fans. The Waterford "fans" were as much to blame for this as the Longford "fans" though.
    Champions!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [img]www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421569110/29.jpg[/img]

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    congrats longford. well done. glad to see digger get the captaincy too- LEGEND!!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Hmm, in my slightly inebriated state I'll try and address these questions somehow..as regards bandwagon supporters it is a bit annoying but they're pretty much a necessary evil..we're not in a position to turn away their cash, we don't have the population of places like Cork or Dublin so anything we receive is welcome, I think our home match attendance against Cork was pathetic but slightly understandable in that so many people had spent loads of money on tickets and merchandise over the week that they felt they had spent enough on Longford Town for a few days..It may be strange to a City club like Cork but we're tapping a small pool all the time..we've sold €60,000 worth of merchandise in 12 months. People contribute in different ways.
    Anyhow, Im pretty thrilled about how today turned out but Colm, why do you need to say Longford are irrelevant to you when you're posting in the Longford forum..seems obvious we're not irrelevant enough to ignore! 3 trophies in a row is worth acknowledging..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    I have a question for some of the Longford fans, did it annoy ye to see 6000-7000 people there today supporting Longford when there was only about 600-700 in Flancare last week for your game against us? Do ye welcome so many daytrippers?
    I suppose if you could even convert an extra thousand or two into proper football fans and get them to support Longford on a regualar basis it's worth having them there.
    ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die. it's always going to happen. and as for longofrd being a "small club" they've won more silverware in the past 4 years then we have in the last decade.

well done longford
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die. it's always going to happen. and as for longofrd being a "small club" they've won more silverware in the past 4 years then we have in the last decade.

well done longford
    Thanks for the honesty there Ruairi

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I wouldnt be calling Longford a small club at the moment - third time in Europe in 4 (or5?) years, 3 cups IN A ROW - not bad - most of the 'BIG' clubs are probably jealous at the moment. Most important this time is that now they qualify for Europe witha belief that they can win games at that level, AND they are the first club to qualify for the Setanta Cup - imagine the cash flow those will generate next year! The 3 teams who compete in the Setanta have the chance to step above the rest of the league for the forseeable future - good luck to you Longford - Ill be traveling from Dublin to support you in the Setanta & Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Well done the Town, also.
    Thanks for making the UCD fans welcome in the East Stand.
    " Oh No! Section O
    Oh No! Section O"
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well done Longford,back in Europe and lets hope ye do better next year.

I feel a bit sorry for Waterford though,well the other 9 players besides Ratnolds and Connor anyway who got everything they deserve for just being themselves,maggots.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well done Longford.
    Better team won yesterday.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD
    I wouldnt be calling Longford a small club at the moment
    I wouldn't either! We are a very big club for semi-pro footballers! Remember, we have no full time players!

imagine the cash flow those will generate next year! The 3 teams who compete in the Setanta have the chance to step above the rest of the league for the forseeable future - good luck to you Longford
    It would be great alright, City and Us catching up with Shels and making it a real fight for the League! We have a good enough squad to challenge for the league title but we are not consistent enough over the course off a full season.

Ill be traveling from Dublin to support you in the Setanta & Europe
    Thanks for the support!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I couldn't give a sh!t about Longford, they are just another small club who are pretty much irrelevant to us apart from the 4 times a year when we play them. However, today I think most City fans are very thankful to them indeed.

I'd say it's more of a Waterford hate in than a Longford love in!!

I just thought there was a very weird atmosphere at the game today, it seemed like a cross between a load of bogger ole olers and a load of GAA fans. The Waterford "fans" were as much to blame for this as the Longford "fans" though.

yo colm go fcuk off to ur own board and moan bout winning fcuk all this season, sick of yee loud mouth $hit talking cork fans......

just go away and let us win trophies in peace, oh btw more european disgrace to come, fools.

and i think i speak for a lot of town fans with the above comments.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Colm, why do you need to say Longford are irrelevant to you when you're posting in the Longford forum..seems obvious we're not irrelevant enough to ignore! 3 trophies in a row is worth acknowledging..
    The day ye pose even the slightest threat to us is the day that ye will become relevant.
    I know it sounds nasty but I'm afraid it's true. Fair play on winning the three trophies, it's absolutely magnificent for a small club from a town the size of Longford however league success and European runs are what really matters and are where the big money is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die.
    We finished third on the league that year and had been getting fairly decent crowds throughout the season. We had over 5000 on a good few occasions and always had quite a bit more that 1000.
    Also, there was 10000-12000 City fans at the first game and about 8000 at the replay. Most of the bandwagoners dropped off after the first game and well over half of the crowd at the replay were real City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by max power
    yo colm go fcuk off to ur own board and moan bout winning fcuk all this season, sick of yee loud mouth $hit talking cork fans......

just go away and let us win trophies in peace, oh btw more european disgrace to come, fools.

and i think i speak for a lot of town fans with the above comments.
    Take a chill pill Max.
    I was delighted ye won the cup and am very thankful that ye brought misery upon the sheepshagging thugs.
    Now, enjoy you're victory and try to make a go of Europe next season.
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Take a chill pill Max.
    I was delighted ye won the cup and am very thankful that ye brought misery upon the sheepshagging thugs.
    Now, enjoy you're victory and try to make a go of Europe next season.
    no chill pill needed, but face facts, you have won 5 trophies and got a run in a pointless european comp, wake up and let the ego swelling go down.

all the money spent by dolan and all thats in the cork trophy cabinet is dust, i'm just sick off yee running us down for OUR european performances. but they are ours, mind ur own business and go and try and put something in that cabinet beside the dust.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Could'nt agree with you more Max,they're at the same craic all season over on BTID!!!!!
    Well done on ye're win yesterday,still feeling robbed after it,1st goal should'nt of stood,don't think ye were better than us draw woz probably a fair outcome.I think the shock of what happened is just setting in now!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    all the money spent by dolan.
    What money is that Max?
    I'm not aware of any, do you know something we don't?
    Champions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast