Thread: Fai Cup

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fai Cup

LOngford Town 2 Waterford United 1

FAI cup your having a laugh.................
    First Division Champions

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    aaaaaahahahahahaha
    delighted..teach that pr!ck reynolds a thing or two... well rat, ya finally got to the final ...but ya lost..aaaaahahahahaha.. could have come to europe with city but opts for being beaten by longford in the cup
    dan connors... my heart bleeds for that knacker too

THERES ONLY ONE TEAM IN MUNSTER

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI Cup

Jeez lads ye rebels from the People's Republic take losing a few League points kinda personally don't ye?

After all ye did not exactly cover yerselves in glory in this season's competition. I seem to recall the first round results as something like
    Students 1 Langhers 0 !

And by the way there are 4 teams in Munster. And we played one of them on Friday night.

Genuinely disappointed for the Blues. They have not won that many F.A.I. Cups so I cannot understand the undue glee at their misfortune today.
    It's that sort of attitude that at times holds this League back... but that is something for another thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am thankful for Waterford's misery today.

Anything that upsets Ratnolds, Connor and those muppet bogger fans has got to be good in my book!
    Champions!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    CollegeTilliDie...so what you are saying is that RIVALRY among clubs is holding back this league?..go away and STUDY about football if thats what you are thinking..this is rivalry between two big Munster clubs..what do you expect City fans to say?..there is rivalry between our counties in all sports...

We are delighted Waterford(Dan Connor and Ratnolds)lost..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fai cup

rivalry is good and healthy for soccer while i prefered that longford won
    i feel for a bit sorry for the genuine non sheep shagging waterford fan of which there is pitiful few . but im delighted that ratman renyolds was beaten
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    I seem to recall the first round results as something like
    Students 1 Langhers 0 !

we dont play in the first round.

welll done longford

PARTIZAN: DRY YOU'RE EYES MATE

after all u dont wanna see ur beloved waaaaaaaherfur disgracing the league in europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    C'MON DE TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously You want to win a Cup Final, but with Reynolds the little cnut playing for those crowd of hackers, it was extra sweet!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Delighted for Alan and Dan,the two most hated players in the ppls rep of Cork!
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fai Cup

Red X

Rivalry is one thing but the actual spleen being vented by some Cork City Supporters is puzzling. Another strong club in Munster, and I mean off the field here, would surely be a good thing for football in general and I would argue for City in particular.

As regards studying football, when I started attending League of Ireland matches there were three very strong teams in Munster. Waterford , Cork Hibs and Cork Celtic. Now realistically there is only one you lot.
    A Cup win for the Blues could have seen you have two clubs in Munster worth the title of possible contenders for glory.
    With Limerick in disarray off the field and with Cobh also in the doldrums ye must look at the province and say that the situation is not good for senior soccer in the region.

Thanks to monumental financial mismanagement the two Cork Clubs of the 1970's disappeared within a period of three short years.

And for two years between 1982 and 1984 there were No Cork Clubs in the League at all until City started up in mid 1984. City nearly disappeared themselves in the mid 1990's. You should by all means enjoy your on the field triumphs as much as possible. But the problem you lot have to face is if Waterford were to go down again soon you would be back to where you were a few short years ago, when your nearest away game was in Bray or St.Pat's.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 25/10/2004 at 5:48 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    waterford won't go down. they have established themselvesas a midtable premier division team. thats good for football in munster, but why should we want our neighbours to win trophies? Do you like seeing shels win the league?

As for why I wanted longford to win?
    1. Its a nice place, their fans are a sound lot and I went to the final with them last year and had a great laugh.
    2. Digger- what a legend!
    3. Reynolds and Connor- they are two of the most malicious thugs to have a ever kicked a ball in this league and I'd like to see them lose whoever they play for.
    4. Fans. Waterford went on and aon about their big support for the final and they were embarassed by a club from a much smaller town.

Being honest, I'd have supported longford against anyone bar ourselves, the fact that they beat the (ex-)glassblowers was just an added bonus IMO

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Waterford United

Eanna

I don't mind seeing any team win the League that performs well in Europe.
    Roddy Collins' Bohs team for example and yes Pat Fenlon's Shels team.
    Even your League winning side from 1993 come to think on it.
    Longford lost to a team from the Swiss Second Division ( which is where FC Vaduz plies it's trade). Now I know they are bankrolled by a Bank.
    But Liechtenstein has a population smaller than some Irish counties !

I have on many occasions supported our League teams playing in Europe.
    I have supported U.C.D., St.Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, Dundalk and indeed Cork City when they were playing in Europe and would do so again when the opportunity presents itself. Because whoever plays in Europe next season.... Longford and three others, will be flying the flag for all of us, like Shelbourne did this year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Eanna

I don't mind seeing any team win the League that performs well in Europe.
    Roddy Collins' Bohs team for example and yes Pat Fenlon's Shels team.
    Even your League winning side from 1993 come to think on it.
    Longford lost to a team from the Swiss Second Division ( which is where FC Vaduz plies it's trade). Now I know they are bankrolled by a Bank.
    But Liechtenstein has a population smaller than some Irish counties !

I have supported U.C.D., St.Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, Dundalk and indeed Cork City when they were playing in Europe and would do so again when the opportunity presents itself. Because whoever plays in Europe next season.... Longford and three others, will be flying the flag for all of us, like Shelbourne did this year.
    we are flying the flag for LONGFORD, not ireland, learn that. after all the $hit talked about our "disgrace" this year yee can all pi$$ off .

LTFC is what its about not yee lot.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    as have I. I've travelled to dublin to support bohs in europe, and would always support any irish team in europe. but that has nothing to do with the point I'm making.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Edna ****ie,

I have taken note of your stupid pathetic little digs at us.

What a sad, sad, little pathetic little amoeba that you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    College Till I Die Theres no point talking to the juvenile Cork fans who take glee in another clubs misfortune.You should go on to btid.net and the forum there to see the invasion of hate filled Cork fans since Sundays unfortunate defeat.They spend half their time on our forum winding us up and seem to be obcessed with us.I don't see any Longford fans on there annoying us as they are more mature and Cork City fans could learn from them and also Derry fans who are probably the fairest in the league.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy
    College Till I Die Theres no point talking to the juvenile Cork fans who take glee in another clubs misfortune.You should go on to btid.net and the forum there to see the invasion of hate filled Cork fans since Sundays unfortunate defeat.They spend half their time on our forum winding us up and seem to be obcessed with us.I don't see any Longford fans on there annoying us as they are more mature and Cork City fans could learn from them and also Derry fans who are probably the fairest in the league.
    i personally have no dislike of waterford, just their manager.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    i personally have no dislike of waterford, just their manager.
    You're not the only 1 therer max! But I think you speak for the whole of the country there........... bar maybe Cork fans!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Edna ****ie,

I have taken note of your stupid pathetic little digs at us.

What a sad, sad, little pathetic little amoeba that you are.
    Yet another example of insightful debate from this "fan".....

Waterford had justifiable grounds for complaint about Longford's first goal, but their own negative tactics were their undoing. I feel sorry for some of the Waterford players, who are decent lads, and good players, especially Alan Carey, Daryl Murphy, Purcell, Quintongo and a few others.
    However, the manager of the team, and to a lesser extent the goalkeeper, has sickened fans from all clubs around the country with his hatchet tactics, negative attitude and his thug behaviour. As long as this creep is in charge of Waterford, the decent fans that they have can expect hostility from all clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Waterford deserved to win but I genuinely am delighted Longford won.
    j'accuse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast