Thread: Fai Cup

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI CUp

trevy

Thanks for the information on the other sites. I suppose what I am trying to get down to is this.

Us eircom league fans are sadly in a minority in this country.
    Our League is compared to the big one cross channel and the **** one north of their border too in the land of the bagpipe and kilt.
    We get **** coverage in our so called national printed media, if you were a First Division fan you would know where I am coming from on that point.

Relatively **** coverage on TV and barely adequate coverage on National radio( RTE I mean... Today FM might as well be a British Station when it comes to domestic football coverage; I am being unfair BBC Radio Foyle gives Derry a fair crack of the whip )

With the result that gob****es walk around the streets of Dublin, Cork , Limerick and Waterford bedecked in the shirts of foreign teams. Dragging their knuckles on the ground to watch football on TV. Some of these have never crossed the gate of an el club ever. Yet they feel qualified to tell us our league is ****, while some of their local clubs wither away from a lack of support. It is for this reason that I despaired at the glee expressed at Waterford's defeat.

Senior Football in Munster is in a far worse state than it was in back in the 1972/73 season when I attended my first game in Tolka Park.
    That year Waterford won the League for the 6th time in 8 seasons.
    Cork Hibernians won the Cup, the following year Cork Celtic won the League.
    There were three strong teams with Limerick waiting in the wings as a dark horse waiting to pounce.

Now you have Cork City 2nd in the League........... Waterford United coping with a financial crisis which is not the making of the present regime and both Cobh ( own ground and clubhouse) and Limerick ( no ground, dwindling support) are in disarray. This is supposed to be the 21st Century when we finally get our act together with professional clubs.

And here we have one set of Munster fans gutting another when if a bit of thought was put to it, a Waterford win might have set them on the road to financial stability and given Cork City a strong rival which is what any successful team requires to keep them on their toes.

Yes I wanted Waterford United to win. I don't begrudge Longford their success but the need was greater down south for that particular piece of silverware.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    However, the manager of the team, and to a lesser extent the goalkeeper, has sickened fans from all clubs around the country with his hatchet tactics, negative attitude and his thug behaviour.
    All you seem to be so full of your own importance!!The EL revolves around more than just your club.3 clubs have a dislike of Rennie (CCFC,LTFC and Rovers) for obvious reasons but when he was with all of ye he was a hero,admit it!!!!As for Dan name 1 other club in the league who have had a problem with him??????????

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedBlue
    All you seem to be so full of your own importance!!The EL revolves around more than just your club.3 clubs have a dislike of Rennie (CCFC,LTFC and Rovers) for obvious reasons but when he was with all of ye he was a hero,admit it!!!!As for Dan name 1 other club in the league who have had a problem with him??????????
    at least you accept we have an obvious reason for disliking him

as for Dan, maybe he hasn't attempted to assault fans at any other ground in the country!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedBlue
    I dont have a problem with him. Thought he did a good job for us. No problem with your keeper either.

Anyway more important things. How's the pitch down there? Will there be a pitch inspection in the morning? Appreciate any info tomorrow as we're driving down and dont want a repeat of the cork situation a few years back

Thanks

KOH

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lookin at the weather again tonight i cant see it being on. if you hear nothing maybe ring the club on 051-853222
    of course, everything looks bad if you remember it.- Homer Simpson
    www.sliceco.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI Cup

Max Power wrote:
    we are flying the flag for LONGFORD, not ireland, learn that. after all the $hit talked about our "disgrace" this year yee can all pi$$ off .

LTFC is what its about not yee lot.

Max

You don't get this whole International Club Competition; national co-efficient thing at all do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12