Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Arter (M Nots Forrest b.1989)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    That is awful news. I heard some reference from the commentator and wondered what was up. It's good that he has such support from his team mates and manager.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Same here, I heard he had some sort of losses but took me a while to find out what that meant, sad news indeed.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    MotM award again. In 'Arry Rednapp's team of the week. A friend of mine says he reminds him of Ray Houghton. No sure about that as Ray played out wide. On current form a must for France but instead of who ?
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 14/12/2015 at 5:00 PM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    MotM award again. In 'Arry Rednapp's team of the weak. A friend of mine says he reminds him of Ray Houghton. No sure about that as Ray played out wide. On current form a must for France but instead of who ?
    Gibson as things stand. I'd almost start Arter in the team ahead of Hendrick. McCarthy, Whelan, Arter, Hendrick & Meyler should be the ones to go.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I'd like to see Arter do something in a green jersey before bumping him up the pecking order.

6. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    MotM award again. In 'Arry Rednapp's team of the weak. A friend of mine says he reminds him of Ray Houghton. No sure about that as Ray played out wide. On current form a must for France but instead of who ?
    Ray played everywhere to be fair. They both have the floppy hair, maybe that's it.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Notwithstanding DeLorean's point, which is fair, just based on club form he'd be a shoo in for the squad and a credible (st)arter. He is quite Houghton-esque, very busy and industrious.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    While I agree with Loreans post, you could probably apply the same criteria to plenty of players, even Gibson!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He certainly gives us more options, he has a different skill set to what we have, we will have to see how he fairs with more
    Premiership games under his belt. I am not sure how he would fit into out system, I think maybe he could be a more defensive Wes???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    While I agree with Loreans post, you could probably apply the same criteria to plenty of players, even Gibson!
    Not that he's ever set the world alight, but Gibson is more established as an International (and indeed as a Premier League player). We know at this stage that he could slot straight in for Whelan or McCarthy, if needed, and what he can offer. That said, I'd completely accept that he'll have to start featuring more regularly for Everton to stay in the picture. I think Tricky's point is the important one, we don't even know how Arter will fit into our system but I'm all for giving him the opportunity to prove that he does. The likes of Hendrick played an important role in our qualifying campaign. Even outside of his more spectacular contributions against Germany and Georgia, he understood his role well and was a big asset supporting his fellow midfielders and our defence, in what was our first campaign in a while where we weren't consistently overrun in midfield. I can't really see Arter performing that specific role as well, for example. Arter has done more than enough to see decent game time in the friendlies though and could be an exciting addition.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I think Arter occupies the same area of the pitch as Wes but in a different way. Less obvious artistry and subtlety but more obvious physically and athletically. His block in the box from Martial (?). He's a kind of hybrid between Wes and Stephen Quinn I'd say. He could play deeper if required, but pushing forward.

As the carmaker says, a potentially exciting addition and warrants a good look in the friendlies. Alan Judge too. I don't feel overly loyal to Gibson. I've always liked him as a player and like his effortless ability to pick passes but I think he has never played as well for us as he is capable of, not always his own fault, and lest we not forget he retired himself for a while.

I think our midfield & wide options like Whelan, McCarthy, Quinn, Meyler, Hendrick, Gibson, Arter, Judge, Wes, McGeady, McClean, Brady and McGoldrick are all quite respectable. At least a couple of these will be disappointed I reckon.

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Don't think Arter plays as far forward as Hoolahan. He's more of a ground-covering player too. I'd say the player in the current team he's most like is Hendrick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He did say a "hybrid" of Quinn and Hoolahan, presumably meaning not exactly like either. I think it's safe to say he doesn't play as far forward as Hoolahan but he probably spends more time attacking than Quinn. I think it's a fair description from what I have seen. I wouldn't say he's like Hendrick at all, even if they do cover similar amounts of ground. He likes to get hold of the ball and use it in a more commanding way, whereas Hendrick is happy to get himself into little pockets and link up the play, often with one touch. Arter seems to play with his head up, Hendrick a bit more off the cuff with clever little touches here and there. That said, I've seen loads of Hendrick and not so much of Arter.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Don't think Arter plays as far forward as Hoolahan. He's more of a ground-covering player too. I'd say the player in the current team he's most like is Hendrick.
    I did point out the block on Martial, intending to equate athleticism with ground covering!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Gibson as things stand. I'd almost start Arter in the team ahead of Hendrick. McCarthy, Whelan, Arter, Hendrick & Meyler should be the ones to go.
    no way should be McCarthy in DM where he dosent look lost with Hendrick and Arter ahead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Arter has a high number of tackles per game and also a high number of being dispossessed per game (relative to the others).
    They are all a bit different when you look at their stats. Mind you Arters are only from 6 games. Maybe I will but all the stats in to a table to make it easier to compare.
    V England he was one for 23 mins and made 2 tackle and was disposed once and had one shot. Neither McCarthy or Whelan has a shot, McCarthy made 2 tackles Whelan 1, both were on the pitch at least twice along. So he seem to like to be on the ball more. Seems to a bit further forward than the other two but not as far forward as Wes.
    All a bit complicated really
    Would be a good idea to see more of him in the friendlies.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 16/12/2015 at 1:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    I've not seen much of him. Could he be cover and/or a successor for Hoolahan?
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Yes and no. Not as creative / instinctive, but certainly capable of imposing himself in the final third.

I'd say he's an effective alternative as opposed to a direct replacement.

I think they could also play together though, so no need to see it an an either/or situation.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Bournmouth seem to be doing well with him back, they lost the first two, drew the next too and now have won the last three.
    Could be 4 in a row but they host Crystal Palace next who are very good away form home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    siubbed at h/t good news is o kane came on

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast