Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    ...any chance this thread could run for as long as the Longford best back four, or the pro/anti Celtic threads?)

its possible............you just need the stamina and collective interest from the people to make it happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    its possible............you just need the stamina and collective interest from the people to make it happen
    ... and use of the internet at work .

Any ideas for places to go for further meet ups? Pubs, non league football (grounds that have a bar attached of course) errr, thats about it from me. Central London is handy but overpriced is there anywhere that people know and would have a preference for?
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    .Central London is handy but overpriced is there anywhere that people know and would have a preference for?

Know a nice little place in North Kildare, no expensive bar prices, none of that craic, more of a bring a bottle or a rake of can's type of place out in the countryside so it is.

And yis can all help us decorate the place while yer there. how does a sesh after the Portugal game for a couple of day's sound.

Also 12th are you up for the next meet up.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo

Also 12th are you up for the next meet up.

would certainly try to be there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Preferably with a tool belt and a large carry out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Merry Christmas all. Just back online after the festivities.

I'd like to propose our next meet-up revolve around an AFC Wimbledon game. Most of you probably already know, but AFC are the club that Wimbledon fans set-up themselves when their own club moved to Milton Keynes (one of the FA's most shocking decisions ever...). They get 2,500-3,000 at each game, in a league where everyone else is lucky to have 30 fans; are currently top of the Ryman First Division (3 levels below Conference proper) and are looking good for their second promotion in a row in only their 3rd season in existence. They've also bought their own stadium from Kingstonians purely through fundraising, and are offering it as a facility to fans of anyone team (hence it's called The Fan's Stadium). They could teach most Irish clubs a thing or two about how to organise a club off the pitch... . And they also have a couple of bars at the ground )

They play in Kingston, a 10min walk from Norbiton BR station (on the line to Waterloo). Have a look at their website for more info : www.afcwimbledon.com

Click on 'matches' for a list of games - we should try and head down for one of the Saturday ones. A few drinks before the game, a bit of football, a few drinks after the game, then on to somewhere else to make a night of it.

Any interest ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good shout (although I am lead to believe that ironically enough Wimbledon are not too popular amoungst other teams in the divisions - particularly Kingstonian - having all media attention and comparitively alot of cash to boot.) As I have never been to Kingstonian's ground I wouldn't mind heading out in that direction.

Standard of football can vary wildly, seen a couple of games this year, while there are some nice moves there is also alot of aimless and inaccurate hoofing. For those interested the two grounds I was at (Hendon and Harrow) both had lovely pints of Guinness.

Home to Bashley 29/01/05 sounds a plan to me. Any advances?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I'll probably be away on a Burn's Night seisun that weekend I'm afraid Pat O'. Apologies....! The rest of Jan is looking good at the mo (altho me da is threatening to come over for a weekend some time...). Feb's not bad either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Am busy in Jan, how about v Croydon on the 12/02/05, as long as we start the ball rolling may get others involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Am busy in Jan, how about v Croydon on the 12/02/05, as long as we start the ball rolling may get others involved.
    Ahhhh ******- just looked in me diary and I've got a stag that weekend. The only weekend in Feb when I've got anything on

Sorry to be a pain. How's about the game on 26th Feb against Corinthian Casuals ? Or there's the away game against Dulwich Hamlet on 22nd January ? Hamlet have a great wee stadium that Sainsbury's built for them as swopsies for their old ground,. Would be a shame not to do a home game in Kingston though, but this would be a good alternative if we couldn't make one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How can you turn down a chance to watch Corinthian Casuals play? I still kinda hope that they play in massive baggy shorts, have handlebar tashes and would refuse to score penalties as it would be unsporting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    Merry Christmas all. Just back online after the festivities.

I'd like to propose our next meet-up revolve around an AFC Wimbledon game. Most of you probably already know, but AFC are the club that Wimbledon fans set-up themselves when their own club moved to Milton Keynes (one of the FA's most shocking decisions ever...). They get 2,500-3,000 at each game, in a league where everyone else is lucky to have 30 fans; are currently top of the Ryman First Division (3 levels below Conference proper) and are looking good for their second promotion in a row in only their 3rd season in existence. They've also bought their own stadium from Kingstonians purely through fundraising, and are offering it as a facility to fans of anyone team (hence it's called The Fan's Stadium). They could teach most Irish clubs a thing or two about how to organise a club off the pitch... . And they also have a couple of bars at the ground )

They play in Kingston, a 10min walk from Norbiton BR station (on the line to Waterloo). Have a look at their website for more info : www.afcwimbledon.com

Click on 'matches' for a list of games - we should try and head down for one of the Saturday ones. A few drinks before the game, a bit of football, a few drinks after the game, then on to somewhere else to make a night of it.

Any interest ?
    Actually theres an idea.... Im living in Kingston, and just a short walk away from the ground... Ive a few mates from Kingston and they're Kingstonian fans, having been to a game going to a AFC Wimbledon game will feel like sacrilege! Itll be a good laugh though if your on, and seeing as im working in a bar in Kingston, ive a half-price drinks voucher for cheap beer before the game!!!! Oh and Happy New Year!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PAURO 7
    Actually theres an idea.... Im living in Kingston, and just a short walk away from the ground... Ive a few mates from Kingston and they're Kingstonian fans, having been to a game going to a AFC Wimbledon game will feel like sacrilege! Itll be a good laugh though if your on, and seeing as im working in a bar in Kingston, ive a half-price drinks voucher for cheap beer before the game!!!! Oh and Happy New Year!

You may just become more popular than you ever thought possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    You may just become more popular than you ever thought possible
    Ehm yeah just a few of us so then!!! dont spread the word or anything!!! how about say next home game Wimbledon are playing? Ill try and find out.....
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ehm yeah just a few of us so then!!! dont spread the word or anything!!! how about say next home game Wimbledon are playing? Ill try and find out.....
    Can you keep me posted too, sounds like a laugh, especially if the last time everyone met is anything to go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Just checked the website, how about this?

Sat 15/01/05 H Bromley 15.00

A spicier game on the Tuesday though...

Tue 18/01/05 H Kingstonian

let us know what ya think... I can take care of the organising if ya need to, seeing as Im living and working nearby!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kingsonian maybe tempting (local affair and all that) but it being mid-week transport back to the hood maybe a bit of a nightmare. Realistically the Corintian game in Feb that Steve mentioned above may be the best one as it gives us a bit of leeway.

So before then pints anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Count us in for those pints... working Saturday night tho.. Maybe Corinthians on 26th Feb might do the job, weekdays im guessing is awkward, shame the Kingstonian v AFC Wimbledon wasnt a weekend game, K's arent too fond of the Dons i hear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Count us in for those pints... working Saturday night tho.. Maybe Corinthians on 26th Feb might do the job, weekdays im guessing is awkward, shame the Kingstonian v AFC Wimbledon wasnt a weekend game, K's arent too fond of the Dons i hear.
    K's fans should stop their jealous moaning - if it wasn't for AFC they'd literally be bust now and their ground would be a B&Q superstore or something. If they'd a decent number of fans themselves they wouldn't have been in financial bother At least AFC are nice landlords and happy to let them stay on.

I'm up for an aul' jar whenever !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    K's fans should stop their jealous moaning - if it wasn't for AFC they'd literally be bust now and their ground would be a B&Q superstore or something. If they'd a decent number of fans themselves they wouldn't have been in financial bother At least AFC are nice landlords and happy to let them stay on.

I'm up for an aul' jar whenever !
    Will try to dig out an old When Saturday Comes which I think suggests that AFC have been for from nice landlords and that Kingstonians aren't too pleased with their former tennents.

Don't look at me to organise the cocktail party for as some people on this board will testify I really would struggle to sort out drinks in the brewery.

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast