Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: DDSL vs SFAI

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This needs to be addressed by Delaney

See Statement on behalf of the management committee of the Cork Schoolboys League re the SFAI National Cups 2013/14 on the CSL website

http://www.corkschoolboysleague.ie/n...p?news_id=1059

Correspondence issued on 12th Feb to Mr John Delaney the FAI to revisit this issue as a matter of urgency.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=Rory;1736515.

I And I mean adults from the FAI, SFAI and the Cork teams.

Hopefully this is all over and all rules will be applied and abide by next season.[/QUOTE]

It's far from over. Why should the likes of the DDSl abide by any rules in future?

And please don't include the people involved with the dissenting clubs with DDSL and SFAI people.

One bunch blatantly manipulated the FAI and drove a coach and four through their own rulebook: the second lot cravenly accepted this and prostrated themselves before Mr. Delaney: the Cork people stood up to the two of them!!

"For evil to thrive it is sufficient for good men to do nothing"

3. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    New to this but a club defeated by a Ddsl team should appeal the result as rule 2c was broken if all teams defeated last weekend or in the comming weekends appeal the results when and if defeated by Ddsl teams the FAI could and should not ignor the rule, If they do all rules in the SFAI / FAI rule books would be null and void. This week the FAI punished a team in the u19 cup for playing a player as a sub in a game but failed to write his name on the match card, a small error but the rules say all players should be wrote on the match card, the FAI say the rules were broken here so you can't Inforce one rule and ignore another. The FAI and Delaney are wrong here and should be held to task on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rory it seems your looking for things to blame the cork clubs for this,nobody in cork or ballinasloe wanted this and have said will play in the original sfai cup I've also heard of one coach from a very talented cork side has quit coaching because of this mess so don't make out adults in cork don't care there's no hidden agenda with these 12 clubs so back off them and enjoy the rest of the ddsl cup

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Can somebody explain to me very simply what happened here and what the issue is? Not being funny, I'm just completely ignorant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Can somebody explain to me very simply what happened here and what the issue is? Not being funny, I'm just completely ignorant.
    Read this
    http://punditarena.com/2014/02/08/sc...ateral-damage/

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Does the SFAI website show the original or revised DDSL draw? I suspect it is the original one.

Anyone have a link to the DDSL re-draw / results?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The SFAI website shows the Original DDSL draw.

The link for the DDSL re-draw is on DDSL website link below: Look for the Item titled "S.F.A.I Cup Draw D.D.S.L Region"

http://www.ddsl.ie/index.php?limitstart=25

Regarding results check the DDSL site for updated results - they have a couple of updates on their website for U12s, U13s and U15s SFAI Cup to date

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Thanks for that link ore orchardexile.

I must admit I am bamboozled by the fact that the revised draw is still not up on the SFAI website, although DDSL clubs are now starting to appear in the last 32 draw on the site

Does anyone know how the clubs emerging from the ddsl draw are integrated into the four places allocated within the last 32? For example in the U16 section ddsl teams were allocated slots 11, 12, 13 and 14. In the recent days St Kevins have appeared in slot number 11. My query is why or how they are team number 11 instead of 12, 13 or 14.

Was this done as part of the ddsl re-draw or part of the SFAI re-draw or in some other way?

It is strange that this was not / is not clear and transparent from the website!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Thanks for that link ore orchardexile.

I must admit I am bamboozled by the fact that the revised draw is still not up on the SFAI website, although DDSL clubs are now starting to appear in the last 32 draw on the site

Does anyone know how the clubs emerging from the ddsl draw are integrated into the four places allocated within the last 32? For example in the U16 section ddsl teams were allocated slots 11, 12, 13 and 14. In the recent days St Kevins have appeared in slot number 11. My query is why or how they are team number 11 instead of 12, 13 or 14.

Was this done as part of the ddsl re-draw or part of the SFAI re-draw or in some other way?

It is strange that this was not / is not clear and transparent from the website!
    At this stage, nothing is surprising...
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It's the 'revised' draw for last 32 round on the SFAI website and has been for some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I wonder did the csl get a response from Delaney yet if not it's some slap in the face to one of the biggest leagues in the country

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballymoreman View Post
    It's the 'revised' draw for last 32 round on the SFAI website and has been for some time.
    Perhaps I did not make my earlier post clear enough.

I know that the revised SFAI draw for the last 32 has been up for some time (with 4 vacant slots obviously for ddsl qualifiers)

The ddsl part of the draw does not appear to have been updated on the SFAI site and therefore the path from ddsl qualifiers to last 32 is not shown.

More importantly it is not clear where each ddsl qualifier slots into the last 32 (see the above example of U16's and ST Kevins Boys). Was this drawn in the SFAI or DDSL re-draw, or was it even the subject to a transparent draw at all?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The DDSL slots currently in the SFAI last 32 draw were drawn by the SFAI. It would appear that the DDSL aren't too pushed about sending the SFAI updated results as they might highlight the fact that it appears some Round 1 DDSL games haven't even been played yet and there 'big guns' only wade into the handpicked section of the draw in DDSL round 3 and then the winners in DDSL rd 4 get through to the last 32. Anyone waiting on a DDSL team has a LONG way to go yet. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell the FAI as they might be tempted to bury their head even further into the manure pile they've created with this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

More Manipulation of the draws?

It appears that further changes have taken place in the last 32 draw.

I mentioned in a post two days ago that in the U-16 competition St Kevins Boys were listed on the SFAI website in slot number 11 in the last 32 (home to Corduff). Today this has magically changed and St Kevins Boys have now moved to slot number 13 (walkover against Springfield) and are now propelled into the last 16.

How could this be possible?

If the ddsl slots in the revised SFAI were drawn in a public and transparent manner, how could they now have changed?

These are the original and amended slots in the U16's:
    Originally No 14 now No 11 - Stella Maris P or Home Farm B
    Originally No 13 now No 12 - or Cherry Orchard (I presume that this should read Lucan or Cherry Orchard)
    Originally No 11 now No 13 - St Kevins Boys
    Originally No 12 now no 14 - St Josephs Boys

Can anyone say if similar changes have also happened in other age groups?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ah this is an absolute joke the gardai should be rang at this stage!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    Ah this is an absolute joke the gardai should be rang at this stage!
    Can you not tell UEFA to intervene?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Can you not tell UEFA to intervene?
    In theory but probably cost a fortune

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    I wonder did the csl get a response from Delaney yet if not it's some slap in the face to one of the biggest leagues in the country

Delaney didn't bother.

He got none other than the president of the FAI to respond with the usual threats of legal action - how dare these upstarts question the wisdom of the Abbotstown junta.

See today's Sunday Times for extracts.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast