Thread: DDSL vs SFAI

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballymoreman View Post
    I am amazed that the SFAI's existence is being questioned here
    I'm not condoning anything the DDSL is doing but I've been told by a pal who lives and breathes underage football in Ireland that the SFAI isa bunch of old blazers hopelessly out of touch with accepted modern views on youth development.

Is there any substance in this?

It strikes me that your enemy's enemy is your friend here, i.e., because you don't agree with the DDSL then you must support SFAI. Maybe they're both an obstacle to underage progress?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'll admit I am not au fait with the intimate goings on of either the SFAI or DDSL 'blazers' as I'm sure they exist in both camps but I cannot see how the DDSL have done anything to progress schoolboy soccer in this particular episode!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are mostly right

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm not condoning anything the DDSL is doing but I've been told by a pal who lives and breathes underage football in Ireland that the SFAI isa bunch of old blazers hopelessly out of touch with accepted modern views on youth development.

It strikes me that your enemy's enemy is your friend here, i.e., because you don't agree with the DDSL then you must support SFAI. Maybe they're both an obstacle to underage progress?

My contacts seem to also confirm this Stuttgart88. However, the DDSL like all the leagues around the country do great work at the core level, that is provide quality coaching and facilities for kids to play the game we all love. But it is administered by people who comply with the wishes of the big 6-8 clubs and the rest of us suffer because of it. The 49km issue is a case in point, it only affects 6 clubs max yet 1000s of kids have their ALL Ireland dreams held to ransom because of the power of these clubs. i had heard that the original draw was made and the DDSL CHOSE not to attend the draw and then complained that the draw was unfair. The SDSL and the NDSL are actually very well administered and are much more democratic and transparent. The SFAI are also really a poorly run over staffed, very parochial and divisive bunch. While I have issues with the DDSL, having an allocation of only 4 clubs in the last 32 of the cups considering the number of clubs and teams they run is shameful while leagues less than half their size get more. Is the allocation based on county size?
    These issues are not beyond resolving but there is no will to compromise.
    The DDSL also run their Representitive teams as a special club for UK club scouts. The lobbying by the top clubs to get their players on them is embarrassing. These are quality players without doubt but when players from less fashionable clubs are vying for the same position in 100% of cases it goes to the kid with the correct crest on his jersey.
    The FAI should take control of the SFAI and sort out the cup draws, mileage rules and reduce the number of members on the committee.
    The DDSL should have a more democratic line up on their committees representing the whole league not 8 clubs.
    These Leagues and SFAI have become power struggles that now are effecting the kids playing ball. Is that right?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    IMHO, the whole strategy for underage development needs to be rethought starting with the day an U-8 starts enjoying a kick about.
    No individual governing body is solely as fault but as a collective organization these 3 bodies drive more good players out of the beautiful game than they develop to their full potential.
    DDSL - arrogant organization promoting self interests at the expense of others
    SFAI - is a like a general without an army
    FAI - ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Another meeting in Cork on this debacle tonight. Will be interesting to see if they buckle or stand firm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    heard the meeting was last night with Delaney and Cork will now take there place in the new draw next weekend,wonder what was promised there.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

The motion to have the ddsl teams removed from the competition was passed by every assosiation,they got no support whatsoever,you cant blame the blazers,it was the coaches on the ground that wanted them out.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    heard the meeting was last night with Delaney and Cork will now take there place in the new draw next weekend,wonder what was promised there.
    Cork clubs are meeting tonight to report back on meeting with Delaney from yesterday as not all clubs went to Dublin I think the fai pr/rumour machine has started already also balinasloe town confirmed again today their withdrawal with sfai

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The Kerry teams were meeting tonight as well. Any news on the outcome of that meeting?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I heard Cork are still out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Cork are staying out confirmed by statement to sfai no explanation was given to why ddsl were allowed break rule about seeded teams

14. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Apparently Cork have been 'guaranteed' that it wont happen next season and they will return then. Not much consolation for their players who made it this year and may not even be in the competition next year. Pure poppycock, once the DDSL get away with it this year they will make sure it's an annual occurence no matter what John Delaney thinks. He has set the FAI on a slippery slope. DDSL definitely the tail wagging the dog at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Fai=joke

17. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Statement on behalf of Cork Clubs regarding SFAI National Cup Competitions 2013/2014
    It is with deep regret that the Cork Schoolboys League Clubs listed below confirm that they are unwilling to participate any further in this season’s National Cup Competitions. The decision to withdraw was a unanimous decision and is fully supported by the Cork Schoolboys League.

We would like to make it clear that the decision to withdraw our teams from the competition was not taken likely and every effort was made to reach some compromise. However despite meeting with Chief Executive of the FAI John Delaney in Abbotstown on Wednesday night, unfortunately the explanation received as to why a particular region was allowed to breach Rule 2 (c) of the SFAI Rules was not acceptable.

Rule 2 (c) states that "All teams from all regions will be included in the first round draw, no seeding of teams shall be allowed."

On the basis that this Rule was not complied with by all regions we believe that the integrity of the competition has been undermined and in the interests of the children of our Clubs we will not be participating any further in a flawed and unfair competition.

However having received assurances from FAI Chief Executive John Delaney that this situation would not occur next season we look forward to participating in a fair and just competition in 2014-2015.

Corinthian Boys, Carrigaline AFC, Wilton United AFC, Mayfield United AFC, Ringmahon Rangers AFC, Buttevant AFC, Rockmount AFC, Leeds AFC, Springfield Ramblers AFC, Douglas Hall AFC, Lakewood Athletic AFC..
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Looks like Kerry did not pull out. They just put the SFAI fixtures up on their website:

http://www.kerryschoolboysgirlsleague.com/?page_id=89

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Looks like Kerry did not pull out. They just put the SFAI fixtures up on their website:

http://www.kerryschoolboysgirlsleague.com/?page_id=89
    Pity because by staying in it you let the DDSL get away with breaking the rules. They break the rules, Cork look for what is right, no one supports them and they're out. Schoolboys football looks to be in a sad state of affairs in Ireland.
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I have played, officiated and attempted to coach with one of the Cork clubs who had teams qualified for the Schoolboy National cups Open Draw stages.
    We've clearly had a breakdown here. There is something seriously wrong when clubs are forced to take the radical action of withdrawing.

Get a grip and sort it out!!
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    And what's john Delaney doing telling the papers it needs to be sorted by cork clubs in the boardroom not the pitch it just shows you how out of touch he and the fai are I don't know of too many local clubs with "boardrooms"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What he means is to take any dispute away from the playing pitches. Don't let the kids be the ones to suffer in an adult's argument. And for once I have to agree with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    If he cared about the kids he would of tried to sort this 2 weeks ago

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast