Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DDSL vs SFAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ok, I assumed wrong.... but this might be even worse... What club would do that to their players... Did these clubs ask their players what they would prefer to do? Pull out or continue with the current draw? I doubt it. Big egos decided that they were not going to be pushed around and ruined it for the kids... Always the same story.
    Last edited by Rory; 31/01/2014 at 4:15 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I can see your point Rory re the kids involved but at the end of the day the DDSL blatantly broke the rules of the SFAI competition and should be out. Every other league in the country adhered to the rules and are now being punished for doing so.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Ok, I assumed wrong.... but this might be even worse... What club would do that to their players... Did these clubs ask their players what they would prefer to do? Pull out or continue with the current draw? I doubt it. Big egos decided that they were not going to be pushed around and ruined it for the kids... Always the same story.
    Clubs and leagues from outside Dublin have been "pushed" around for years and non paid club volunteers decided this with heavy hearts to finally take a stand against this country's farce of a football system,how you can say these volunteers have big egos is beyond me when they have had at least 3 meetings in the last week giving up their own time
    Last edited by fifa; 31/01/2014 at 4:40 PM.

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I coach a team that are in the last 32 and the re-draw has been very kind to our team - reversing a string of away draws to multiple home fixtures if we are successful round by round.

The kids are excited and really looking forward to trying to progress and the principles and politics of what has occurred are somewhat lost on them.

Based on what I know of the events, I believe that what has taken place is outrageous and it is almost incredible that any national body with a smidgen of integrity should have facilitated/ordered/tolerated it. Withdrawing would be an appropriate and admiral stance against something that is simply wrong.

The problem is that it is this group of players who have worked really hard to be where they are would pay the price - not those who have caused and facilitate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I coach a team that are in the last 32 and the re-draw has been very kind to our team - reversing a string of away draws to multiple home fixtures if we are successful round by round.

The kids are excited and really looking forward to trying to progress and the principles and politics of what has occurred are somewhat lost on them.

Based on what I know of the events, I believe that what has taken place is outrageous and it is almost incredible that any national body with a smidgen of integrity should have facilitated/ordered/tolerated it. Withdrawing would be an appropriate and admiral stance against something that is simply wrong.

The problem is that it is this group of players who have worked really hard to be where they are would pay the price - not those who have caused and facilitate it.
    If you decide to play on and win it is it not now cheapened without the cork teams in it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Ezeikial a stand has to be made I know the lads have worked hard but for the integrity of schoolboys football the DDSL should be punished as they have broke the rules could have been nipped in the bud a long time ago if DDSL played ball but thought they could bully the SFAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    If you decide to play on and win it is it not now cheapened without the cork teams in it?
    Firstly I think that our chances of winning outright are remote, but any victory round by round would be significant.

To answer you question - The competition is significantly cheapened without the Cork teams or any other team that has qualified for the last 32 (or DDSL teams if excluded for that matter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolboygodno9 View Post
    Ezeikial a stand has to be made I know the lads have worked hard but for the integrity of schoolboys football the DDSL should be punished as they have broke the rules could have been nipped in the bud a long time ago if DDSL played ball but thought they could bully the SFAI
    Without a doubt the DDSL along with the FAI are out of order in this (unless there are additional details I am unaware of), and the integrity of schoolboys football has been further damaged.

What is certain is that any team that withdraws will be making a laudable and principled stand against what has happened. What is also certain is that it will be denying/penalising their own players. What is not at all certain is that it would have any impact on the behaviour and attitude of the DDSL, SFAI and FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Hearing rumours of other clubs outside cork considering backing the cork clubs and pulling their teams out in disgust at FAI/SFAI behaviour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I see only one other person here sticking up for the kids. I am also frustrated with the re-draw and it did not do us any favors either. But I would not dream of taking this away from the team. The ones shouting about pulling out, are in my eyes just as bad as the DDSL as they are out to destroy a kid's cup tournament. Stay all in the cup and sort this out face to face so it will not happen again next season.
    Maybe I am too naive and this cannot be sorted without breaking kid's dreams but I think swallowing a bit of pride and just get on with it might be the best approach here....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Irish Indo today:

Cork clubs press nuclear button in row with SFAI

JOHN FALLON – 01 FEBRUARY 2014

The ongoing troubles afflicting this season's Schoolboy Football Association of Ireland (SFAI) Cup competitions has reached breaking point after all 25 teams from the Cork Schoolboys League still involved informed the SFAI and FAI of their refusal to participate in the new version of the open draw.

More:
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/cork-clubs-press-nuclear-button-in-row-with-sfai-29969734.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Latest I've heard is fai refusing interview or to take calls from Trevor welch on local cork radio station 96fm,terry O'Donavan from college Corinthians will be on at 3:30 today might be worth a listen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    Hearing rumours of other clubs outside cork considering backing the cork clubs and pulling their teams out in disgust at FAI/SFAI behaviour
    Phone campaign appears to be in full swing seeking the backing of other clubs in the last 32 for the Cork stance by refusing to play redrawn fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Fai would want to start communicating with the clubs this is the sort of thing that will lead those in their big fai jobs to lose them I think their underestimating the anger from around the country,can't be long before other clubs join the cork teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can't see why anyone would follow. Maybe some as they got worse draws but none of the level headed clubs leagues will follow the example of the "Rebels" in my opinion as it's more important to get on with playing football than to try to satisfy big egos...... Let the kids play!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Can't see why anyone would follow. Maybe some as they got worse draws but none of the level headed clubs leagues will follow the example of the "Rebels" in my opinion as it's more important to get on with playing football than to try to satisfy big egos...... Let the kids play!!
    Rory your either dilusional or a ddsl man your the reason they get away with this kind of crap all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I stick up for the players in Cork so I must be a DDSL man? You don't make sense buddy. I am neither a DDSL man nor delusional(this is how you spell that word btw) but I recon you are a Cork man. A true Rebel who would not let the Dubs get away with anything regardless who suffers. A very selfish, childish attitude. I agree with most on this topic that the re-draw was not required, but to pull all your teams out does not punish the DDSL. The Cork teams could compete for the title. Why not go for it and show that even with this going on it can still be won by a Cork team... Let the football talk. Let the players play and find another way to fight your battle with the DDSL.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Rory, Roll over doesnt work pal.
    From what I hear, the SFAI should have stood up to the FAI at their recent meeting. The DDSL broke the rules - whats the problem?

If no-one did anything and just made noise, can you seriously say the FAI would reprimand the DDSL?

I dont see the DDSL point on seeded draw - how many times does the small guy win or two heavyweights meet - not too often? The big guys still come out.

Blame for the lot has to lie with the powers of Irish football - they are the guardians of football for everyone from 5 to 85. How many people will use the facilities in Abbotstown from outside the county? Not too many.

30 pieces of silver
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I totally agree with you Horse in regards to the seeding etc.. but please explain what good it would do to anyone pulling out your teams? I don't think the SFAI will take much notice especially now some of the last 32 matches have been played last weekend. I think all this will do is upset the players of the teams that have worked very hard to get in the last 32 and now see it being taken away.

I suggest that out of protest the Cork teams, and any team that are angry about this injustice, will not participate in the SFAI National cup for next season if the DDSL is allowed to do the seeding again. But pulling out at this stage is unfair to your own players.

This is my 50 cents.... delusional or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Thanks Rory for pointing my spelling mistake
    btw it's reckon not recon
    ha ha

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast