Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Matthews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Alan Matthews

New manager if club x in Wicklow apparently. As per their official twitter. Good appointment for them.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Just saw that and posted on the other thread. It suits him it's a part time job and he lives out that way. Not sure what he'll have to work with squad wise but as long as everyone knows what they're getting into. Not likely to get too much grief from the Bray fans either way which bothered him a lot at Shels apparently.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    New manager if club x in Wicklow apparently. As per their official twitter. Good appointment for them.
    Did Croly walk or was he pushed?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    What's Bray's finances like?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    I can feel another 'Cease and Desist' coming
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 11/01/2014 at 5:44 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Don't use the B word around here they are sensitive to such things down in Wickla.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    The club is in a very healthy financial state, while their board members and legal representatives are very handsome.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    The most scandalous accusation I've ever read on this forum.

12. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Alan Matthews is a great choice. A great guy, with a proven record for Club X.
    As this is not Stallinst Russia, or North Korea, perhaps under F.O.I rules, the previous (now banned) thread on Club X should be restored.
    Looks like the 'chickens have come home to roost'
    It would be interesting to see if this thread could be opened up again on club X., or would editor risk being taken overnight to Siberia!!!!!!!!!.
    It is a valued question, and a valued argument.
    Good luck Alan and may Club X do well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dove View Post
    As this is not Stallinst Russia, or North Korea, perhaps under F.O.I rules, the previous (now banned) thread on Club X should be restored.
    It would be interesting to see if this thread could be opened up again on club X., or would editor risk being taken overnight to Siberia!!!!!!!!!.
    I agree, plenty about club X that can be discussed without the treat of legal action.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The lack of any solid information makes things difficult. Why would dahamsta expose himself to more hassle from a club with a record of doing so?

There have been some comments about Bray here recently, but as before we've only seen rumours and innuendo. Until there are some facts people should be very careful.

On an unrelated note- wasn't there meant to be a Pat Devlin news conference today?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Turns out it's happening right now, some tweets from Paul O Hehir:

Devlin re @BrayWanderers : Leaves bad taste as wasnt right and wasnt fair. I'm risking my reputation today by being honest.

Devlin re @BrayWanderers :"there's no logic to any of this"

Devlin re @BrayWanderers "some players didnt want to move but did because of treatment of me and back room staff"

Devlin asked about Alan Mathews: I've no badness to who is there now but I'm disappointed they are there.

Devlin on @BrayWanderers : sad its ended like this but didnt have to. Ended by people who said they had club at heart

That's top table of Devlin press conf over. Read more in @IrishMirror tomorrow
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    AFAIK, the Bray forum was closed because certain people wouldn't stop discussing forbidden topics when told to, and the management got fed up telling those involved to stop, so it was easier to drop the forum than to face Bray's continued legal action.

For me, Bray made a huge mistake in doing this. foot.ie was the only online Bray Wanderers community, and taking legal action against your own fans for what amounted to rumours and hearsay, and in the process destroying that community, was incredibly stupid. What they should have done was to create an account, PM the posters in question, and discuss their concerns, instead of going after Adam. Using legal threats as first recourse is a massive dick move, as well as utterly counterproductive in terms of trying to make the club successful.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    AFAIK, the Bray forum was closed because certain people wouldn't stop discussing forbidden topics when told to, and the management got fed up telling those involved to stop, so it was easier to drop the forum than to face Bray's continued legal action.

For me, Bray made a huge mistake in doing this. foot.ie was the only online Bray Wanderers community, and taking legal action against your own fans for what amounted to rumours and hearsay, and in the process destroying that community, was incredibly stupid. What they should have done was to create an account, PM the posters in question, and discuss their concerns, instead of going after Adam. Using legal threats as first recourse is a massive dick move, as well as utterly counterproductive in terms of trying to make the club successful.
    sure theres been a new bray fourm every since the one here was taken down. www.wandererschat.proboards.com

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Was at game in Tolka last year when Mathews was still in charge, and while they lost (v Drogheda the Uachtarán was there same night) they were even enough on balance of play until the last 10 minutes. It was clear that a small number of Shelbourne fans had taken a dislike to him, and when things started to go wrong towards the end of the game a number of them became very abusive towards Mathews. It reminded me of a game in Terryland a few seasons ago when a few Drogheda fans came over to behind dugout Mick Cooke was in and started abusing him at start of the 2nd half. Drogheda equalised late in the game and it was not long afterwards that Cooke was up for a number of awards for his management skills. Therefore it will be interesting to see how it works out for Mathews at Bray. Would anyone on the forum who gathers the stats of the league be able to tell if Shelbourne's results improved under Johnny McDonnell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Pat Devlin statement:

"After many great years of involvement I am extremely disappointed that i will not be involved with Bray Wanderers for the 2014 Airtricity League season.

"During those great years I am proud of my service as a player, manager, director of football and shareholder at the club. My record as manager includes two FAI Cup wins, First Division titles as well as participation in European club football. I am too proud of my work in bring in sponsorship and other financial resources to the club over a long period of time.

"It brought great satisfaction to me too that following the Play Off against Longford Town last November, Bray Wanderers will participate in the Premier Division of the Airtricity League of Ireland for the tenth consective year.

"The achievement, along with the other achievements during my time with Bray Wanderers, could not have happened without the committment and loyalty of those players who played under me as well as the coaches and backroom staff who worked with me. All of these became very good friends to me.

"I would like to sincerely thank all the loyal supporters of Bray Wanderers FC who followed us through good times and difficult ones and were instrumental in bringing us through many tight situations on the field. This support was very much appreciated by the players, staff and me.

"I am also grateful to the members of the media for their coverage of my involvement with Bray Wanderers down through the years.

"I am extremely disappointed that loyalty has not been recognised and staff and a number of players have not had promised commitments delivered upon by the club. I have worked extremely hard behind the scenes over the last number of weeks to try and have these commitments delivered upon by the club but regretfully to no avail.

"My disappointment is compounded by the fact that a new management team has now been put in place without previous commitments being delivered upon. I have always tried to be fair in my dealings with players and staff and I had hoped that others would act in like manner.

"I will not forget those players and staff effected and I will still try and ensure that their promised commitments are being delivered upon as quickly as possible.

"As a shareholder I still have a vested interest in Bray Wanderers FC and in ensuring that the club acts in the interest of players, staff and fans alike.

"If and when Bray Wanderers is in a position to win League trophies or FAI Cups again then I will be there among the fans who supporters me and all Bray Wanderers fans in celebrating such great days.

"I will continue to be a supporter of Bray Wanderers FC and I would like to wish the club every good wish for the future."
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The lack of any solid information makes things difficult. Why would dahamsta expose himself to more hassle from a club with a record of doing so?

There have been some comments about Bray here recently, but as before we've only seen rumours and innuendo. Until there are some facts people should be very careful.

On an unrelated note- wasn't there meant to be a Pat Devlin news conference today?
    Hmmm, could not agree with you more , read the paper in the morning for the facts.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    Hmmm, could not agree with you more , read the paper in the morning for the facts.
    I hope so, because neither the Pat Devlin statement nor the extratime.ie article sheds much light on the facts of the dispute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I always got the impression that some of Shels players lost interest last season and didnt play for Matthews, the clubs disciplinary record was pretty poor iirc. On the positive there is enough time and enough players floating around that he should be able to string together a squad. Heres hoping anyway.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    I always got the impression that some of Shels players lost interest last season and didnt play for Matthews, the clubs disciplinary record was pretty poor iirc. On the positive there is enough time and enough players floating around that he should be able to string together a squad. Heres hoping anyway.
    Our disciplinary record was abysmal before that in fairness. He should have went long before he did as it just became nasty between the "fans" and him. I'll always appreciate what he did for the club though. Best of luck in Wickla.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast