Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Hair products

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    find the american crew fibre is excellant, i have incredibly thick hair and it was impossible to do anything different with it until i found this stuff, its a bit pricey mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby View Post
    ...#1 blade
    Four and a bit years on I have retired the #1 blade. I now use Dax short'n'neat. Use it sparingly if you want to avoid the greasy look.

Who keeps resurrecting these old threads?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
    Any updates on the hair products in the last few years lads? Thankfully I still have a resonable head of hair and have yet to commence going grey. Still on the V05 Fibre Putty (a brief flirtation with Bedhead in late 2006 aside). Been using the Fibre Putty since the historic away trip to Paris in October 2004 and have yet to encounter a product that does as good a job for such a reasonable price.
    Like yourself Don, I've stayed loyal to the VO5 Fibre Putty. However, unlike yourself I've aquired plenty of grey hairs since then! Have been using the putty since September 2004 and I'd be lost without it now. I even managed to pick up a small jar early last year which is useful for away trips. How did you find the Bedhead??
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up American Crew Pomade

Quote Originally Posted by hula4 View Post
    find the american crew fibre is excellant, i have incredibly thick hair and it was impossible to do anything different with it until i found this stuff, its a bit pricey mind
    I like your style hula4. I am also an American crew fan. The one I use is one with the light brown lid - American Crew Pomade "For Hold and Shine". I usually purchase it in Knights, Dundrum and it costs 12 euros. Costly you might say but you can't put a price on a high success rate. It is essentially a soft moulding wax which washes out easily and doesnt build up. This is an important feature of any hair product in my opnion. While I must confess I do encounter problems with it's 'holding' quality in nightclubs from time to time and find myself visiting our african friends in the restrooms for a rescue brylcream top up or the like, all in all this is a quality product which I would recommend to those of us blessed with thick hair.
    Like Don Vita and The Jamaican P.M., the latter reluctantly introducing the product to us in January 2005, I used Fibre Putty for almost two years. Despite considerable success, I grew tired of it's hard sticky texture, it's inability to provide that darkened look and never really mastered the application process, truth be told.

Are there many users out there using Just for Men? Would you recommend it or does it cause long term damage? Feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by Dillo; 15/01/2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    No blade followed by Gillette fusion . Simple hair care .
    I'll update this next year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo View Post
    I like your style hula4. I am also an American crew fan. The one I use is one with the light brown lid - American Crew Pomade "For Hold and Shine". I usually purchase it in Knights, Dundrum and it costs 12 euros. Costly you might say but you can't put a price on a high success rate. It is essentially a soft moulding wax which washes out easily and doesnt build up. This is an important feature of any hair product in my opnion. While I must confess I do encounter problems with it's 'holding' quality in nightclubs from time to time and find myself visiting our african friends in the restrooms for a rescue brylcream top up or the like, all in all this is a quality product which I would recommend to those of us blessed with thick hair.
    Like Don Vita and The Jamaican P.M., the latter reluctantly introducing the product to us in January 2005, I used Fibre Putty for almost two years. Despite considerable success, I grew tired of it's hard sticky texture, it's inability to provide that darkened look and never really mastered the application process, truth be told.

Are there many users out there using Just for Men? Would you recommend it or does it cause long term damage? Feedback appreciated.
    havent gone near the just for men dillo, but id be inclined to go grey gracefully (which i have to started to do incidentally)

the american crew i use is in the brown top with the blue sticker on top, absolutely no issue with holding. i often wake up the next morning and my hair still hasn't moved

the application process was shown to me by the barber and if i follow that i manage to get my hair the way i want it it looks a bit fairer than normal which i like and its not rock hard to touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    you guys all sound just faaaaabulous!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    modern man and all that stu

as tesco says every little helps!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    which one of you is Brian Dowling?

Apprentice
    Tramco, Rathmines 7 sometimes 8 nights a week!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guess who's back?!

Oh yeah baby the Green Hen is back and better than ever!!

Don Vito and Dillo was that was my bedhead ye acquired by any chance?? Not much use for that stuff now myself though- there's more hair on a duck egg, not on a green hen egg though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Hen View Post
    Oh yeah baby the Green Hen is back and better than ever!!

Don Vito and Dillo was that was my bedhead ye acquired by any chance?? Not much use for that stuff now myself though- there's more hair on a duck egg, not on a green hen egg though.
    Welcome back Green Hen.

From what I recall, that bed head seemed to evaporate! Surely Don and Dillo wouldn't sneak into your room and use it!
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415