Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Stephen Bradley?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stephen Bradley?

Does anybody know where Stephen Bradley is this season? I heard that he was out of contract with Arsenal during the summer. Apparently Fulham were interested but that fell through. Anyone know is he playing at the moment?
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Does anybody know where Stephen Bradley is this season? I heard that he was out of contract with Arsenal during the summer. Apparently Fulham were interested but that fell through. Anyone know is he playing at the moment?
    He went to Dunfermline in September on a trial. They were reported interested in signing him, but he also had a trial arranged with Millwall which was scheduled to start last week? Not sure whether the Millwall trail went ahead in view of Dunfermline's interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    He went to Dunfermline in September on a trial. They were reported interested in signing him, but he also had a trial arranged with Millwall which was scheduled to start last week? Not sure whether the Millwall trail went ahead in view of Dunfermline's interest.
    Coventry were also interested in him as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has signed a short term deal at Dunfermline until January. Not sure if it would have came about had Gary Dempsey not got himself injured for the next 6 weeks though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Bradley had trials booked with Dunfermline and Millwall. He trained with Dunfermline for a week or so and the manager was impressed, there are new rules in Scotland (I'm not sure if its only Scotland), that you can't play a trialie in a reserve game, therefore the manager couldn't get to see him play in a proper match. He was then not going to offer him a long term deal as there's a lot of risk involved. He offered him a short term deal and was afraid Bradley would reject it in the hope of signing a longer deal with Millwall. Bradley ended up signing the contract with Dunfermline and didn't go on trial with Millwall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    This was on sporting life today:

New Dunfermline signing Stephen Bradley is confident his short-term deal at the club can get his career back on track.
    The 19-year-old midfielder was released by Barclays Premiership champions Arsenal six months ago after failing to break into the star-studded first team.
    The Dubliner has signed until the new year but believes working under East End Park boss Davie Hay can resurrect his career.
    Bradley told The Courier: "If I do do well up until January, hopefully, I can sign a new contract then.
    "I talked to the manager and he said I'd be on the bench, then it's up to me to get a place on the team.
    "I'm hoping to play some first-team football. That's why I left Arsenal.
    "They told me that I had to go if I wanted to play first team football because it wasn't going to happen at Arsenal."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Might not be a bad move for him. If he's half as talented as people say he should set the SPL alight. Look at the impact people like the decidely average James McFadden had a lesser Scottish club. Hopefully it's a springboard to something better.