Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club budgets 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I presume Shamrock Rovers will have the highest budget this year. Who will have the lowest? Perhaps Bray, though there are rumous of Drogheda slashing theirs. I wonder how the rest of the clubs rank.
    Drogheda budget is 3-4k.

Promotional activity in Drogheda was non-existent last season. Rumours are circulating that that will change this year though so hopefully we'll see an increase in attendance figures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I would assume there will be a modest increase in the budget with Dundalk for 2014. There will also probably be a slight increase on the admission too. We have been charging €10 into the ground for at least 2 seasons now. I dont think it will go to €15, possibly 12, not sure what they'll do on the stand (€15)

This might further help increase crowds though, and possibly gates, as adults accompanying them in will be paying.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-...eason-tickets/
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Drogs budget 2014

Last year we where in three cup finals (extra revenue which I presume wasn't in the budget). I haven't heard that we went into the red this year , so why a reduced budget?
    Also you need to factor in the participation money from Uefa re the EL, 90k-100k less rental costs of Tallaght and travel exp to Sweden, call it 70k?? Would have been paid middle of this year, but obviously wont be incoming in 2014.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Ours is down 20% this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I would assume there will be a modest increase in the budget with Dundalk for 2014. There will also probably be a slight increase on the admission too. We have been charging €10 into the ground for at least 2 seasons now. I dont think it will go to €15, possibly 12, not sure what they'll do on the stand (€15)

This might further help increase crowds though, and possibly gates, as adults accompanying them in will be paying.

Great to see Liam Burns acting as schools co-ordinator. Going around the schools in the town and surrounding area, giving the kids a presentation on the club, and then signing them up to the junior supporters club (with a free season ticket).

That'll put a fair amount of pressure on the parents to bring them.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Are Dundalk offering 52 week contracts? I was under the impression that the Dundalk budget has increased considerably.

I like the primary school idea, it's innovative, and you would hope that the adults accompanying them would boost the numbers paying in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Are Dundalk offering 52 week contracts? I was under the impression that the Dundalk budget has increased considerably.
    The only one I've heard of on a 52 week contract is Towell and Fyffes are subsidising this. Not sure of percentage.
    I'd be surprised if our budget hasn't increased but doubt it has considerably. A lot of our players signed as rookies or unknowns and established themselves this year, it's safe to assume we would need to offer improved contracts to keep them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

I like the primary school idea, it's innovative, and you would hope that the adults accompanying them would boost the numbers paying in.
    Richie Towell is reputed to have signed a 52 week contract. However, there is no confimation of this. Whether any other players have been offered 52 week terms is unclear. The club have not yet explained how much the budget is to increase by. There is no doubt it is increasing. Sponsorship revenue and attendances are on the up. Ticket prices, which have been the lowest in the division , are rumoured to be increasing by 20%.

I like the schools idea too. Rather than expecting parents to get their kids interested, the club are doing it through the schools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I think the increase should be to €15 for the ground. We will not be able to sustain the budget we have on an admission price of €10 for the ground. I would imagine any decrease in the crowd would be of a size that it would still be viable to increase the cost to €15. I would hope if the price is increased to this then the increase in season ticket costs would be proportionately smaller and encourage more people to buy a season ticket.
    Also on a practical note, having the cost at €12 or €13 makes it a bit messy on match days with regards to change. That's a minor point obviously though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I think the increase should be to €15 for the ground. We will not be able to sustain the budget we have on an admission price of €10 for the ground.
    I would go €12 for the ground and €18 for the stand. This leaves potential for a further increase to €15 and €20 in future years. We have to be careful not to price people out of going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I would go €12 for the ground and €18 for the stand. This leaves potential for a further increase to €15 and €20 in future years. We have to be careful not to price people out of going.
    I agree to a point about not pricing everyone out, but we pay €15 into every other ground in the league. The 1200 who went to Inchicore had no problem paying it then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I heard 20 into stand and 15 into ground, but I hope that's wrong, as its far too exp. I would increase ground to 12 and leave Stand as it is. €15 should be the max in my view to watch LOI football.

Towell is on a 52 week contract, all other players signed up will start getting paid on 1 Feb, as we pay 1 Feb to 31 Oct for majority of players.

Extra revenue this year will be 100k per round in EL, so thats max of 2 rounds I would say, might not even get past round 1, but we did last time, depends on the draw ofcourse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    I would offer a discount to 500 club members (those who are not entitled to the free season ticket) as an incentive to sign up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Drogheda budget is 3-4k.
    That's not a lot when it's spread out over the season.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I don't know what Richie Towell or any other player is on, but from a clubs perspective €500 a week over 52 weeks is the same outlay as €650 over 40 weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I don't know what Richie Towell or any other player is on, but from a clubs perspective €500 a week over 52 weeks is the same outlay as €650 over 40 weeks
    That's right...
    I don't understand your point, are you saying that a player on €650 would drop his wage to €500 pw on the condition that he got that amount for 52 weeks? Unlikely. It's much more likely that he'd want the €650pw for 52 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    That's right...
    I don't understand your point, are you saying that a player on €650 would drop his wage to €500 pw on the condition that he got that amount for 52 weeks? Unlikely. It's much more likely that he'd want the €650pw for 52 weeks.
    Of course the player would 'want' that but it doesn't mean he'd get it. I think it's fair assumption that a player will take whatever wage he was offered for 40 weeks and get it spread over the full calander year if it was substantial enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Dundalk and Cork are cheaper. LTID is spot on though. Clubs have a decent grasp of their fan base. There's x amount of people willing to pay full price and a drop in price won't get near enough new people in to cover that shortfall. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

BTW anyone who encourages their board to increase their club's budget after they finish in 8th position and appoint a rookie manager is crazy too.
    We're going to 15 next year I think.

That budget comment is spot on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/2014-season-ticket-details/

Dundalk have announced season ticket and admission prices for the 2014 season. Ground ticket prices increasing by 50% to E15, and stand ticket prices increasing by 33% to E20.

If Dundalk can hold attendance levels, this should give the club the opportunity to increase the budget by around 40%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Of course the player would 'want' that but it doesn't mean he'd get it. I think it's fair assumption that a player will take whatever wage he was offered for 40 weeks and get it spread over the full calander year if it was substantial enough to make it worthwhile.
    It wouldn't make sense from either the club or player's perspective to spread the same amount of money over 52 weeks when it can be transferred in 40 weeks. Of course if the offer is much higher than what he can get elsewhere, than it's not a problem.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/2014-season-ticket-details/

Dundalk have announced season ticket and admission prices for the 2014 season. Ground ticket prices increasing by 50% to E15, and stand ticket prices increasing by 33% to E20.

If Dundalk can hold attendance levels, this should give the club the opportunity to increase the budget by around 40%.
    It makes sense to bring the minimum price up to €15 but €20 is too high for a lOI match. The old Drogs board tried to pull that one after we won the league and it did serious damage. Hopefully the Dundalk board see sense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast