Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Club budgets 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    One idea I've found strange that hasn't taken off is categorising the matches rather than having a standard entrance fee.

So Dundalk, for example, could have

Category A

Shamrock Rovers
    Drogheda
    Sligo
    St Pat's

Category B

Derry
    Bohs
    Cork
    Limerick

Category C

Athlone
    UCD
    Bray

For Category A - charge the top prices - eg E20 into the stand - Category B charge standard prices, so E15 in and Category C charge a reduced rate so E12 in.

I just think with the fixed prices fans will pick and choose their games and definitely people will stay away from UCD and Bray matches etc but will turn up for the big ones regardless.

The other benefit of this system is that Shamrock Rovers will surely fit into all clubs Category A so their fans will be screwed over!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Dundalk had the format you layed put above in our first two season back in the premier, It didn't suit and was changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Dundalk had the format you layed put above in our first two season back in the premier, It didn't suit and was changed.
    Fair enough, at least it was tested. Maybe people just didn't want to know about UCD regardless of the price so charging a higher amount was better in the long run.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post

The other benefit of this system is that Shamrock Rovers will surely fit into all clubs Category A so their fans will be screwed over!
    Paying 20 euro in to that kip, yeah I can see our fans doing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnville Hoop View Post
    Well, if they want a seat in the main stand they'll have to do that anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnville Hoop View Post
    With my plan you'd be paying E20 into every kip!

I guess it's only fair though, given the added security costs involved around hosting Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I guess it's only fair though, given the added security costs involved around hosting Rovers.
    You could get them to hand over a security deposit of a tenner each at the gate, and if anything gets broken, no one gets it back. (-: Could be a great self-policing initiative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers season tickets offer discounted entry to premier games? Really?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I assume by discounted they mean it's cheaper than buying a ticket to every game.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To try and get boost the gate I think Drogheda should give away 50/100 school child tickets to a different primary school every home match. Some will probably not get used but others, with a bit of pester power, will and perhaps an odd adult will come along too so increasing revenue. They are tickets that most likely wont be sold anyway so what's the harm? Could even build the supporter base for the future.... creates a bit of atmosphere too.

A but callous I know but it could work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lollymcd View Post
    To try and get boost the gate I think Drogheda should give away 50/100 school child tickets to a different primary school every home match. Some will probably not get used but others, with a bit of pester power, will and perhaps an odd adult will come along too so increasing revenue. They are tickets that most likely wont be sold anyway so what's the harm? Could even build the supporter base for the future.... creates a bit of atmosphere too.

I've been saying this for years, I think all clubs should do it

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

That is the basis of the free season ticket being offered by Dundalk to primary school children. Visiting schools, signing children up to the free supporters club, and pester power encouraging their parents to bring them to a game.

15. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    That is the basis of the free season ticket being offered by Dundalk to primary school children. Visiting schools, signing children up to the free supporters club, and pester power encouraging their parents to bring them to a game.
    Put like that it sounds a bit predatory. I always knew Dundalk were evil.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It's hard to disagree and likewise, I think this should be a standard for all LOI clubs. I'm sure we'll be paying close attention to how this develops in Dundalk. Have ye any way of keeping track of how successful this is? Did kids make up a significant part of your crowds last year? And did parents need to accompany them in 2013?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    It's hard to disagree and likewise, I think this should be a standard for all LOI clubs. I'm sure we'll be paying close attention to how this develops in Dundalk. Have ye any way of keeping track of how successful this is? Did kids make up a significant part of your crowds last year? And did parents need to accompany them in 2013?
    As the team began to be more successful, it was noticable that there were were more and more kids at games. An adault had to accompany any one entering the ground on a chil's ticket

The new season tickets will have to scanned on entry, so we can compare that number to the number of kids tickets sold in the previous year. The impact on accompanying adults will be more difficult to tell.

To be honest, the idea is that the free tickets will be financed by additional accompanying adult tickets. The big potential is generating paying fans in the future.

The success of this idea will hinge on how well we get out to schools, the quality of the presentation, and the resulting signup to the scheme.

Plans are great but implementation is key.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Agree with WH, and we are pretty good at getting players out to schools and schools getting up to play in Oriel so interest is built and tickets given out. One example I know as I get grumbled at on a regular basis about it - few players and Paul Johnston visited one of the rural schools, one of the children from a staunch GAA family begged to be taken to a match in Oriel, is now dragging a very reluctant mum to every home game and has signed up to any coaching camp for the last number of years, jerseys bought, has favourite players etc, proper fanatic((and now the mother is getting hooked too as she sees the disappointment of a poor result). The big hook now will be a major trophy as the 2002 cup win caused a new generation of supporter that tbh kept us afloat during the doldrums so, yeah a trophy on top of the promotion work being done would maximise the next band of lilywhites!

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Harps have been doing free school tickets for the past two or three years now. A different school or youth club or underage football team from around the county is brought in as guests each game. Free tickets are handed out in schools, and it's only one euro for under-12 otherwise. Adds to atmosphere at times, and it's a good boost locally for the club too.

25. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The problem we have is that the majority of young people leave the county at school leaving age.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

This initiative has been tried at some clubs. I know at Dalymount it was tried ( tickets distributed to local schools in D7) and the initiative worked well. Increased crowds and more spent in shops etc. Also helps to get them young and brand them fans for life ( or emigration, death or insanity).

Not hugely popular with most parents, additional cost and having to miss corrie or whatever. Need to spread it around as while most parents bite the first time by the time little Johnny/Joan comes home for the 4th time clutching tickets................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    This initiative has been tried at some clubs. I know at Dalymount it was tried ( tickets distributed to local schools in D7) and the initiative worked well. Increased crowds and more spent in shops etc. Also helps to get them young and brand them fans for life ( or emigration, death or insanity).

I'm sure insanity is no barrier to supporting a LOI club (in fact I'm sure some would say it's a pre requisite )
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

29. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast