Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Christmas promotions LOI

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Christmas promotions LOI

Just thinking about this today - do your clubs put together Christmas promotions as possible Christmas presents - things like a jersey & scarf promo (just an example ).

I would have thought that in the off season it's a real opportunity for clubs to get income.

Or is it a case of it literally being the off season and clubs take the foot off the peddle .

I only ask as I'm hoping drogheda have something (hence my train of thought ) I was away last few Christmas so don't know what they usually do.
    Last edited by SeanDrog; 06/11/2013 at 6:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The focus tends to be on selling season tickets and making sure the new season shirt has been launched.

Drogheda very cleverly launched their new shirt at the cup final. Great promotion. I would imagine that one will sell well in Drogheda for Christmas.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Getting a Jersey out should be top priority for the Christmas market, followed by season tickets.

Would be good to see clubs do a deal on Season Ticket + Jersey for a certain price.

Our club shop has 10% off for Season Ticket holders which when you buy a few items i.e Jersey, Hoddie, Polo Shirt together can take a nice few quid off it.

There was also a back to school offer in the club shop, Limerick FC crested back pack, pencil case, ruler and an eraser as a bundle from what I can remember.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Drogs always have the drogs shop stuffed with christmas stuff, the new jersey and season tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMourinho View Post
    Drogs always have the drogs shop stuffed with christmas stuff, the new jersey and season tickets.
    What is the consensus on the new shirt?

It's a big change from the classy plain claret shirt this year. I think it looks pretty good but stripes are not to everyone's taste.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMourinho View Post
    Great too hear - I'll be turning up with a pocket full of cash. Even getting my five year old a season ticket

Whitehorse I like the new jersey but I'm not sure I'd casually wear it (ie when shopping) as the strips are a bit loud (IMO) - id wear it to games and playing footie.
    Last edited by SeanDrog; 06/11/2013 at 8:00 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Getting a Jersey out should be top priority for the Christmas market, followed by season tickets.

Would be good to see clubs do a deal on Season Ticket + Jersey for a certain price.

Our club shop has 10% off for Season Ticket holders which when you buy a few items i.e Jersey, Hoddie, Polo Shirt together can take a nice few quid off it.

There was also a back to school offer in the club shop, Limerick FC crested back pack, pencil case, ruler and an eraser as a bundle from what I can remember.
    That's the sort of thing I was thinking about. The back to school is a nice touch too (speaking as a daddy lol)

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    It's difficult for most clubs to have their jersey out in time for Christmas as changes of manufacturer and sponsors are so frequent and may not happen until later in the close season. On season tickets- again this can be difficult since it's not entirely clear what shape the league will take next year.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    It's difficult for most clubs to have their jersey out in time for Christmas as changes of manufacturer and sponsors are so frequent and may not happen until later in the close season. On season tickets- again this can be difficult since it's not entirely clear what shape the league will take next year.
    Yeah but surely clubs could be selling €20, €30, €40 or €50 season ticket vouchers??

The drawback being, are clubs disciplined enough to budget this money or does it go into a black hole therefore you still don't have a "pot to **** in" by the time the season comes around.

I'd love to know what kind of fundraisers are LOI clubs holding this time of year? Im sure most clubs could do with more than a few quid to help with licensing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    What is the consensus on the new shirt?

It's a big change from the classy plain claret shirt this year. I think it looks pretty good but stripes are not to everyone's taste.
    I think it's... OK. Prefer the plain shirt.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    I'd love to know what kind of fundraisers are LOI clubs holding this time of year?
    A guess the number of clubs in the league competition?

It'd be great if clubs could do offers on season tickets, but it's so up in the air, how can they? We could be in a 7 team 1st, an x number of team first, a 19 team premier. And that's before Licencing!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Season Tickets for Xmas ..... Sell shirts for the start of the season.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.