Results 2,541 to 2,541 of 2541

Thread: Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Some pretty bitter comments here, regards Kenny and O'Neill's own departure: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023...-by-the-media/

Does he have a point? I don't know if he was treated differently to any manager before him, but I certainly agree that Kenny has gotten a very easy ride for a very long time.
    It's not a straight line to compare what each manager had and achieved but let's take one perspective on the the plaudits he receives for qual for Euro 2016.
    Before the 2016 Euros there have been 6 campaigns since 1988. With a similar 2016 qual criteria that MO'N had, we could have qualified direct some 4 times after finishing in the top 2 and in the other 2 campaigns we would've been in the reckoning for the playoffs after finishing 3rd, even Stan's Ireland finished 3rd.
    Does he have a point? one of the world's highest paid managers along with highest paid side kick in the history of football, after a sh'ite last campaign, at a time when the FAI was just about to collapse? I'd have a lot of respect for MO'N but little time for his sarcasm, his lack of graciousness in this respect and his sense of entitlement. He should take a leaf out of Mick's book when it comes to certain aspects of character.

2. Thanks From: