Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2541

Thread: Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I think Daryl was playing most of his football out wide, for club and country then.

Didn't he set one up for Andy Keogh in that Serbia game?
    Yep. In that first game of Trap's. Keogh buried it and was picked forever after by Trap.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    there is far too much garbage being portrayed as debate on here presently.
    Only presently?

Speaking of garbage, "presently" doesn't mean what you think it means. Although maybe you were pre-empting my contribution!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    The match was a feast of lunging in left, right and centre into 50/50 tackles. Somebody was bound to break somebody's leg eventually. As it was, it was Taylor's boot connecting with Coleman's leg.

Sure, Taylor is responsible for that. But, on another day, with two different managers playing different football, it's possible that all 22 players would have left the pitch injury-free.
    So, if everything was different, then that tackle wouldn't have happened. Wow.
    Taylor is responsible for his own actions, the manager didn't make that tackle. That's the end of the discussion.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    Well if you don't want to engage me on the McCarthy point then you don't have to.
    I did engage you on it. I said I have no idea what O'Neill trying and failing to play an injured player has to do with Taylor snapping Coleman's leg in half.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Didn't Roy Keane Psyche everybody up for that match !

Has Roy any tactical ability or is it still back in the day when Roy could Psyche other people out of the game .

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    That's the end of the discussion.
    Right so.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Roy Keane is at tonight's top-of-the-table clash between Cork and Dundalk in Turners Cross. Would have liked to have seen Martin O'Neill there too as there are at least one or two players on show who might be worth international consideration. Paddy McEleney is definitely one. I'm pretty certain O'Neill is in the country at the minute as the provisional squad for the Moldova and Wales games is to be announced tomorrow (presumably in Dublin) and the FAI released a video of an interview with O'Neill earlier that seemed to have been conducted in one of the Aviva's dressing rooms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    O'Neill agrees contract extension: https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status...88848131416064
    BREAKING: Martin O'Neill has agreed a contract extension and will continue as the Republic of Ireland manager for the EURO 2020 campaign!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    It's telling that only about two of the 50 tweets in response to that are positive. I dunno how I feel about it; underwhelmed and disheartened would probably be the best ways of describing it. Is anyone pleased with this news, especially as the campaign hasn't even concluded yet? Wait until we know if we've definitely qualified or not at least and then evaluate the best way forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Terrible decision and even worse timing. What happens if we lose to Moldova & Wales?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Timing is weird.

If we put in 2 dog **** performances then the FAI will look like a bunch of clowns.

Maybe they are hoping it will give everybody a lift? If we win both games then they'll look like an organisation that knows what it's doing. I've been happy with MO'N but last few performances have been very sterile. If that trend continues then I'd have my reservations. He needs to get a balance between the high intensity style of play we often revert to and an attempt to play football (Wes, Brady & Hendrick on the ball)
    Last edited by shakermaker1982; 05/10/2017 at 8:12 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Maybe they are hoping it will give everybody a lift?
    Not sure it's had the desired effect. I think most people are like "Ah, y'serious? " rather than "Ah, brilliant! "

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    deadful decision by the FAI to give O'Neill and krusty keane the clown a contract extension.
    Think it was mentioned elsewhere that in his time with Ireland MON has given precisely 0 players debuts in competitive games..

the utter pish we have to watch is uncomfortable to cheer for.
    we have no coleman at present, but we also have some utter dross getting their games
    Last edited by placid casual; 05/10/2017 at 7:48 PM.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    i think the increased home attendance is playing a big factor here. i'm not overly upset with the extension. the next tournament should be easier to qualify for and MON has no option but to freshen up the team with new players. he probably does deserve another campaign after france and coming reasonably close this time around, though it looks like ending in disappointment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    deadful decision by the FAI to give O'Neill and krusty keane the clown a contract extension.
    Think it was mentioned elsewhere that in his time with Ireland MON has given precisely 0 players debuts in competitive games..

the utter pish we have to watch is uncomfortable to cheer for.
    we have no coleman at present, but we also have some utter dross getting their games
    Why is that a problem?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

19. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Not sure it's had the desired effect. I think most people are like "Ah, y'serious? " rather than "Ah, brilliant! "
    He means those in and around the squad. You take everything literally Danny

But that's how i saw it too it's another delaney masterstroke, oh sure it shows how much faith we have in him and sure wont that get us over the line.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 06/10/2017 at 12:11 AM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Yep POS is right I meant the squad itself.

We obviously aren't privy to the squad dynamic but I get the impression the players like and respect MON and RK. A lot of interviews speak very highly of them both. The players probably would prefer to see another 2 years with them at the helm and that will unquestionably have had an impact on the offer of a contract.

The other aspect is that they both have that x factor about them and can put bums on seats and generate interest in the build up to games. The apathy towards England over here at the moment is astounding. Nobody really gives a monkeys about the games. Souhgate is so beige it's rubbing off on their players and reflected in their performances and the crowd itself. If we went went for a less profile name I bet the FAI fear a similar sort of disillusionment on our side of the water. Results should be the most important thing but the FAI need to make some dough.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    O ‘ Neill and Keane are under pressure to produce results in these two games .

If they don’t produce good results or at the very least good performances then they will be under pressure to do the ‘ right thing '

Lets say we perform badly I wouldn’t be surprised if O’Neill and Keane knew what the right thing is .

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Timing is weird.

If we put in 2 dog **** performances then the FAI will look like a bunch of clowns.

Maybe they are hoping it will give everybody a lift? If we win both games then they'll look like an organisation that knows what it's doing. I've been happy with MO'N but last few performances have been very sterile. If that trend continues then I'd have my reservations. He needs to get a balance between the high intensity style of play we often revert to and an attempt to play football (Wes, Brady & Hendrick on the ball)
    Timing is ideal to be honest IF the FAI Board decided that they wanted to keep MON irrespective of the results. If they left it until after the two games and we qualify (after play off), his standing goes up, as does his salary demands and his attraction to other Associations/clubs. If we don't qualify, so be it as they wanted MON to carry on. Whether people think he is the man to carry on is another issue. The Board thinks he is and therefore the timing is correct.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Terrible decision. Not at all surprised the FAI have done this. At least two more years of miserable and abysmal football ahead. This is the first Euro/World Cup campaign since 1974 where I haven't attended any of the games - so disappointed and disillusioned by O'Neill and Keane.

Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast