Too late, Bonnie.

Tricky has, erm, spoken!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    If it happens I think its a disaster waiting to happen. The FAI will be happy as its a big ticket appointment and box office enough to fill the Aviva for a few months. It makes no sense to appoint O'Neill first and foremost, I think the likes of Wes & Andy Reid have played their last games for Ireland (Walters too but for other reasons).

The only team that has played decent football under Martin O'Neill was a hugely talented Celtic side that, while he motivated them to an inch of their lives, I probably could have won a few SPL titles with.

Other than Leicester, O'Neill & Keane have tried to buy success and neither have been hands on really. It does seem odd that Keane is prepared to play the subordinate role here although it may serve him well in the long run. He needs to spend time on the training ground.

It has all the signs of a big time razzmatazz appointment and all for the wrong reasons, filling the aviva is what the FAI & IRFU need but not what Ireland need.

I can see us being back here in 18 months time with Ray Houghton & someone else frantically scouring the CV's of available managers again.

I hope I'm massively wrong.

I think this is the type of media mentality that is going around and being touted by the likes of Dunphy. The appointment is not a trick on the part of Delaney...... people should look at Keane and Delaney and see how mature they are to put the past behind them and be professional, very admirable I think. Delaney may have fooked up with Stan but we cannot complain with Traps appointment and then MON. I say fair play to him. He is not my favourite person but I think he is doing a good job.
    As for players like Reid and Houlahan, think about it...do they actually deserve to be in our first 11?? Really?? Maybe in a certain system but they are not nailed on starters and you would be mad to think they are. The notion that they are our savours stems from one person....Eamon Dunphy!! They should be in our squad but they have got a lot to prove.
    People are second guessing the dynamics of the MON/Keane role based on the media, so lets stop assuming and let them get on with it. I bet what goes on in the squad/camp is very different from what the media portrays.

We have an good but slightly average team that need our full support and a Manager to get the best out of them, that man is MON. Congrats to MON, fair play Keane for taking as step back to go forward and fair play Delaney. COYBIG

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Can the thread title be changed for the love of all that is holy.
    It's a bit late for that, the contracts are as good as signed.

You could try writing a letter to the FAI but I doubt they will reply.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 05/11/2013 at 3:56 PM.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    The Score.ie took a look at players who have encountered O'Neill and Keane; http://thescore.thejournal.ie/13-iri...60380-Nov2013/

A few of them will be very worried. I wonder will Keane still be be keen to sleep outside Stephen Ireland's front door?

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Too late, Bonnie.

Tricky has, erm, spoken!

Too late now, the mistakes that have been made cannot be undone, can't edit the title either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donalmcdonagh View Post
    I think this is the type of media mentality that is going around and being touted by the likes of Dunphy. The appointment is not a trick on the part of Delaney...... people should look at Keane and Delaney and see how mature they are to put the past behind them and be professional, very admirable I think. Delaney may have fooked up with Stan but we cannot complain with Traps appointment and then MON. I say fair play to him. He is not my favourite person but I think he is doing a good job.
    As for players like Reid and Houlahan, think about it...do they actually deserve to be in our first 11?? Really?? Maybe in a certain system but they are not nailed on starters and you would be mad to think they are. The notion that they are our savours stems from one person....Eamon Dunphy!! They should be in our squad but they have got a lot to prove.
    People are second guessing the dynamics of the MON/Keane role based on the media, so lets stop assuming and let them get on with it. I bet what goes on in the squad/camp is very different from what the media portrays.

We have an good but slightly average team that need our full support and a Manager to get the best out of them, that man is MON. Congrats to MON, fair play Keane for taking as step back to go forward and fair play Delaney. COYBIG
    Where do I start,

I would have thought Dunphy is wetting his pants at the thoughts of the dream team, jn fact I'm pretty sure he was calling for MON while having a pop at Noel King.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Too late now, the mistakes that have been made cannot be undone, can't edit the title either.
    Fair enough. Next time leave to the board professionals, mind...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Shhh, everybody be quiet, the gaffers are on the telly.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Done Deal.

Signed and sealed. Football Association of Ireland (Official) can confirm that both contracts have been signed, and Martin O'Neill & Roy Keane will be Ireland's new Manager & Assistant Manager

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Yeap on the radio earlier...
    Slow with the news today.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Just saw roy and martin asked bout the ireland job on itv . Both said they were delighted and looking forward to it. Nothing more than that apart from Adrian Chiles yet again showing that humour isnt his strong point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm out tonight. Can someone stick on youtube, or whateverm, anything the duo say about the appointment on ITV tonight?
    The generous minute and ten seconds set aside by ITV to discuss the new venture:

Martin is the bad cop and Roy is the bad, bad cop.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    A string of memorable Roy quotes from down through the years: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...look-whos-back

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    A string of memorable Roy quotes from down through the years: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...look-whos-back

Was listening to a kevin kilbane interview last week and he said that he was sitting next to roy during his saipan outburst at mick.
    Anyway kilbane said that roy never called mick a "English ********" and that quote was complete fabrication.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Aye, I noticed two variations of the same "quote", so both can't be right. Indeed, both could be wrong in that case.

"Mick, you're a liar... you're a ******* ******. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a ******* ****** and you can stick your World Cup up your ****. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your ********." It's fair to say the slanging match which ensued with Mick McCarthy put paid to any chance of a reconciliation.

"Who do you think you are having meetings about me? You were a crap player and you are a crap manager. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country and you're not even Irish you English ****!" Even flies were afraid to be in that particular room.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    Was listening to a kevin kilbane interview last week and he said that he was sitting next to roy during his saipan outburst at mick.
    Anyway kilbane said that roy never called mick a "English ********" and that quote was complete fabrication.
    Killer on Radio 5 shortly to discuss the appointments.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    The generous minute and ten seconds set aside by ITV to discuss the new venture:

Martin is the bad cop and Roy is the bad, bad cop.
    Bit disappointing seeing them both wear the poppy but that's for another thread/forum.

I think it has potential to be a good appointment. Roy respects O'Neill and I can't see any training gear or sports drinks not being at the training ground on time. Especially when Adrian Chiles is driving the bus...
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    I'm a proud Irishman. I live and work in England. England has given me a good lifestyle. My wife is English and my kids are half-English.

And I wear a poppy. I see no reason whatsoever why Roy and Martin shouldn't wear one either.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I'm a proud Irishman. I live and work in England. England has given me a good lifestyle. My wife is English and my kids are half-English.

And I wear a poppy. I see no reason whatsoever why Roy and Martin shouldn't wear one either.
    No I'd fully expect them to wear them, after all they are presenting for a UK TV channel, indeed I had they refused to wear one
    they may as well kiss their jobs goodbye, which indeed they have lol?
    Not sure if they will continue with that I'd expect they would easilly fit it round the Ireland job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

Well I remember it being worn to 'support our boys in Northern Ireland'.

Now it's more so to 'support our troops in Afghanistan' etc.

I don't agree with those wars.
    Were it still to represent what it was originally intended for, WW1, I would have no problem. But for me I see it now as a propaganda symbol.

It was once worn on the 11th November, now it's like Christmas. It appears before Hallowe'en and seems to go on forever.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

26. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast