Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cork City manager

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The Irish Times article confirms that Caulfield will go on a FAI pro licence course starting Feb. Presumably Owen Heary will be enrolled as well, and be re-appointed at Bohs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    certainly the logical appointment for cork,its time caulfield stepped up to the task given his success at intermediate level etc and his background in the LOI.however his interview on rte 1 news this evening was memorable for the heavy anchor he has already put on himself,his confident assertion that he will disappointed if they dont make europe leaves far less steps on the ladder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    I was just happy to see us make the 6.1 news the same day the O'Neill/Keane deal was announced!

He's preaching to the choir saying we should be looking to get Europe, and I obviously hope it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    certainly the logical appointment for cork,its time caulfield stepped up to the task given his success at intermediate level etc and his background in the LOI.however his interview on rte 1 news this evening was memorable for the heavy anchor he has already put on himself,his confident assertion that he will disappointed if they dont make europe leaves far less steps on the ladder.
    Were Cork not fans not already ticked off that that they hadn't been challenging for Europe this year? He's only saying what most Cork fans will expect.
    Last edited by gufc2000; 06/11/2013 at 4:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Were Cork not fans not already ticked off that that they hadn't been challenging for Europe this year? He's only saying what most Cork will expect.
    Ridiculous if they were they never had a squad for it this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Ridiculous if they were they never had a squad for it this season.
    perhaps, but we picked up enough points in the last 10 games of the season (after Ashton took over) that when spread over the course of a 33 game season would have been enough to win the league. A lot of that is down to Kilduff but we expected more from the players who came in over the Winter.

I'm also aware that a 10 game streak of form means little on it's own, and theres no way we could have kept that form up over 33 games, plus our win over Pats on the final day had a lot to do with the fact that they were in celebration mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    perhaps, but we picked up enough points in the last 10 games of the season (after Ashton took over) that when spread over the course of a 33 game season would have been enough to win the league. A lot of that is down to Kilduff but we expected more from the players who came in over the Winter.

I'm also aware that a 10 game streak of form means little on it's own, and theres no way we could have kept that form up over 33 games, plus our win over Pats on the final day had a lot to do with the fact that they were in celebration mode.
    I think like our few wins in row near the end of the season your run could have been down to playing without pressure as near the end of the season neither of us had anything really to play for.
    If stories turn out to be true about the loss of the Morrisseys, Kilduff not coming back and Duggan going to us that leaves Caulfield with a big enough rebuild and that is without knowing if Horgan will still be there or not.

Tbh the only ones i remember ye bringing in were Kavanagh and Furlong and i said at the start of last season they wouldn't score enough to push ye on.

I think ourselves and yourselves have a massive job to be anywhere near Europe next season too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I think like our few wins in row near the end of the season your run could have been down to playing without pressure as near the end of the season neither of us had anything really to play for.
    If stories turn out to be true about the loss of the Morrisseys, Kilduff not coming back and Duggan going to us that leaves Caulfield with a big enough rebuild and that is without knowing if Horgan will still be there or not.

Tbh the only ones i remember ye bringing in were Kavanagh and Furlong and i said at the start of last season they wouldn't score enough to push ye on.

I think ourselves and yourselves have a massive job to be anywhere near Europe next season too.
    You don't play for this club without pressure. The vultures are always circling. I agree on Kavanagh and Furlong in hindsight, but it could have gone either way. Furlong turned out to be a dud and Kavanagh was incorrectly employed. We placed a lot of weight youth towards the end of the season and it paid off. I'd like to see us show faith in the youth system as we still have some super players coming through who can and will step up to the mark if given a chance. It's tough to say we'll finish with a European spot next year as we don't know our squad yet, but the pressure is now on Caulfield to put something together. It'll be interesting if nothing else.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12