Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sky Sports Comment...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sky Sports Comment...

On Sky Sports last night the commentator made reference to the support by saying something along the lines of, they seem to have learned a lesson from France and transferred some of the same atmosphere tonight.
    Have to admit that it did sound good on TV and the place looks so much better under lights. The Mexican wave was gas!
    We couldn't see it but we could hear it and the customary boo's when it hit the suits.
    I was chanting and singing along in the pub.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The atmosphere in the East upper was better than it has been for a while. it went pretty quiet twoards the end of the second half. a few great renditions of Stand Up For The Boys In Green. A long way to go yet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was a bunch of about two to three hundred in full voice for the whole game in the north bucket seats. Fair play to you if you were one of them! Unfortunately for where we were sitting we had a bunch of oul ones and kids behind us, so when we stood up to sing along with the guys, the kids behind us couldn't see, cos they stayed sitting, so we had to sit down again and its a bit harder to join in sitting down, one needs to be standing to give his all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Had to watch it on TV which I know doesn't give you the full story but it seemed hit and miss with extended periods where it seemed quite subdued. while one of the Faroes boys was panned out I flicked over to our northern cousins who were a goal down to Austria and the noise was deafening. 12,000 of them to 33,000 (?) of ours.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The Ireland home games are turning out to be like the French at home in the Stade de France or the Spanish at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. The fans just sit quite and look on. Not much noise except when they score a goal or do something amazing.

I cant wait till they bulldoze landsdowne to the ground. It's one ugly looking stadium with absolutely no atmosphere until the must win games. The worst part is, there is going to be 9,000 suits in the new place

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    9000 suits in bigger stadium would be better than 20,000 in this ugly one without roofs etc which would help keep the noise in.

gu effort first half but as the game petered out so too did the crowd second half. need better effort for next few games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Well it wasn't the best ever, but at least it was a start. I thought the first half atmosphere was good. I was about a min late getting into the ground and the roar that went around just before kick off seemed amazing outside to me.
    Unfortunately though as someone already pointed out (mr O'DOwd?) the atmosphere went very flat. It was annoying in the South Terrace to have kids call Duffer a glory hunter repeatedly, and then to be told to sit down. Iused to always go to the South Terrace and hthere was a great atmosphere but I've been using the North Terrace for the last couple of months and its back there I'll be heading after last night.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    I flicked over to our northern cousins who were a goal down to Austria and the noise was deafening. 12,000 of them to 33,000 (?) of ours.
    The sad thing is we're always more vocal when we're losing too. I think as a country we've always thrived on hardship. I think we're just not used to being in a commanding position

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The atmosphere at Ireland games more and more resembles a boozey night out in a tacky Oirish pub in Magaluf. It may be colourful and clap-happy but its pretty darn irritating unless you're well sloshed or lobotomised.
    Together with all our hearts.