Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid is overweight and over-rated.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Andy Reid is overweight and over-rated.

he needs to lose about a stone and start competing in games.
    last night only showed that he is a sulk, can't run and that he believes his own hype.
    £10million for him, i doubt it kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    YES I AGREE TOO !!

He is over weight, always sulking on the pitch and off the pitch. Poor me syndrome.

If he was as good as he reckons he is, he would be in the primiership a long time ago.

He can start to make a difference himself by loosing weight now. He looks like he is bobbling around with 10-15kg's of extra baggage.

when he is on the ball, keep it simply and stop trying to do the fantastic defence splitting pass or the spectacular 30 meter shot.

He will get another few games, the two friendlies, but after that he may only get used as a sub. Time to shape up lad or ship out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Jaysus, give the lad a break, he's been very good in all but 2 games for us, sure he's a bit bulky and could do with losing a few pounds but he will improve in time, I for 1 see big things coming from Andy...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i seem to remember a certain other left-winger who used to be overweight and unfit....now what was his name again?

give the lad a chance he's been good for us needs to step up to prem though for fitness and playing wit/against better players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I would love to see the Passes gave/Passes completed statistic for Andy Reid. I know it was shocklingly bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'm sure millers robbies dohertys etc weren't much better. thought you were meant to be jolly hes done well for us before and will do again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone else think Liam Miller has gone off the boil an awful lot with the lack of football he has been seeing lately. Don't think he's ever really lived up to his potential since he broke into the full international setup. He looked full of promise at celtic so he has the ability but is the lack of football at this crucial stage of his development killing him? Just a pondering .......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i think his man-tits are a welcome addition into the international game
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Andy Reid will always look like he's carrying an extra few pounds, but apparently he's quite well built along with it, rather than just tubby. He had a lot of weight problems early on in his career at Forest, like Keith Foy did, but he turned it around just before he got sacked.

Reid is a whinging git, and my respect for him has been eroded a fair bit, but to be honest, I don't blame him for moping playing with the shower of rubbish at Forest week in week out - and that's coming from a Forest fan! The £10m figure was just JK talking nonsense, if we get £4m we'll be very very lucky.

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Give him a break lads, it wasn't his best game but he put some quality balls into the box last night and only some good defending/poor finishing stopped him getting a couple of assists.
    You wouldn't be moaning if we'd scored off a couple of them which we will on another night.
    He's got plenty to offer from what I can see.

P.S. I've slagged Kilbane off before but he's a different player since he moved inside to central midfield.Respect man.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Millar and Reid swopped diets then we'd all be happy.
    Together with all our hearts.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to back comments re Kilbane - I think I was his biggest critic - thought he was a lightweight - physically and from a talent perspective

But he has develped a bite to his game and his mobility is incredible - with the possible exception of Stephen Carr my MOTM last night

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    steve finnan had a grand match as well. He fairly gets about when he needs to as well. Something i never noticed about him before
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'll quote the first 2 post soon enough.

Jolly, I'm beginning to think you're trolling becuase you never reply when I tell you this. Joe Kinnear has been in management about 15 years, I think he'll know before you, me, Liam Brady or anyone else if Reid was overweight. I am 95% sure he's not overweight as Kinnear isn't that stupid. Unless Reid looks slow or unfit to you, stop using that as an excuse to slate him. The reason you have your doubts is solely because he plays in division 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    here eirebhoy, just because I dont agree with you on Reid and Carr doesnt make me a troll. I get a bit sickened when Ireland scrape a result and everyone is all happy happy.

I'm just highlightening the problems and shortcomings. And as far as Im concerned, not putting the ball in the back of the net more than twice against the faroes is a major shortcoming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    here eirebhoy, just because I dont agree with you on Reid and Carr doesnt make me a troll. I get a bit sickened when Ireland scrape a result and everyone is all happy happy.

I'm just highlightening the problems and shortcomings. And as far as Im concerned, not putting the ball in the back of the net more than twice against the faroes is a major shortcoming.
    Well then, don't be so stubborn, its not impossible to change your mind every now and again. You're just over-biased towards a number of players as I can see by the way you slate Reid 5 times more after a bad performance than you praise him after a good one.

Scraping a result? We absolutely slaughtered the Faroe's. I suppose the other 25 teams from the Faroe's last 30 matches that couldn't beat them by more than 2 goals were disappointed. They're better than you think. We won, end of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yes it is possible to change your mind. If reid comes to form I will be first to point it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yes it is possible to change your mind. If reid comes to form I will be first to point it out.
    That wasn't really the point I was trying to make. You said Reid was overweight, I said if he was it would have been sorted but you are still adament that he is. I would never say I'm 100% sure he's not overweight but the way you talk it sounds like you're sure he is, even when I said Kinnear would sort it out if he was.

Same goes for saying Carr has a suspect temperment. I love seen players going mad on the pitch as long as he's not doing something silly that would get him booked. I don't like seeing players laughing when they miss the target, I want to see them hitting the ground in anger. It doesn't mean Carr's temperment is suspect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well if your asking me if I think Reid is over weight then I defintely think he is no matter what kinnear is doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well if your asking me if I think Reid is over weight then I defintely think he is no matter what kinnear is doing.
    But I have no doubt if he was playing for Man Utd for 6 months and was still in the same shape you wouldn't be saying he was overweight. I showed you a picture of James Beattie a couple of times and he looks just as big as Reid. You shouldn't say he needs to lose weight if you haven't even a clue if there's anything there to lose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast