Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Byrne (M Shamrock Rovers b.1996)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Doesn't look like Byrne played against PSV. Must have picked up another knock or strain: https://twitter.com/Jackb_8/status/642763250367635456
    Looking forward to watching the lads hopefully get a good result vs PSV tonight feeling good and hoping to be back on the pitch soon
    Not having much luck there but a long season ahead.

Just checked the result, his side were stuffed 6-0 at home by PSV so he might have been better off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Looks like he'll be involved today against Twente: https://twitter.com/Jackb_8/status/645161633371832321
    Game day vs fc twente 😃⚽️

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    in the starting lineup.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    taken off after 61 with the game scoreless.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Supposedly had an excellent game as Cambuur lost 3-2 to PSV tonight.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Jack Byrne has been interviewed bij the AD, which is a big newspaper in Holland. Title of the article: I want to be the best player in the Eredivisie. I ran it trough google translate. Hope it makes sense
    It mentions he was the best player on the field against PSV last week.

After a difficult start of the season there is a glimmer of Cambuur new perspective in the run-up to tonight's away game with FC Utrecht . First, FC Twente were held to a goalless draw on Tuesday and the Frisians were close to a cup stunt against PSV (3-2). The best player in Eindhoven? Jack Byrne , a 19-year loan from Manchester City.

It was early in the preparation, and Jack Byrne walked across the training ground of Manchester City, on the way to his mentor for wise advice. ,, Cambuur, a club from the Eredivisie league wants to hire me, '' said Byrne. ,, What do you recommend? "

Also, more than four months later, when Byrne on the tribune of the Cambuur Stadion tells the anecdote, a smile breaks through on his face. ,, Patrick Vieira told me I had to take this step. Not only because I now among the big men football, but also because it would be good for my personality. ''

Manchester City has great confidence in the Irish midfielder, who at fourteen was included in the footballschool. City ,, sometimes buys youth soccer players for two million pounds, '' says Byrne. ,, It's bizarre, but also fantastic - because that they have the best players in the world in their training. I got there five years incredibly learned. And the club has rewarded me because just before I went to Cambuur, I got a new, three-year contract. ''

He was allowed to stay in Manchester, to learn during training of the world stars. Or rented to a club from the Championship. ,, But both options you do stay in your comfort zone, '' Byrne said. ,, And to grow as a footballer and as a man, you should just get out. I knew no one in the Netherlands. Speak the language either. That's not always easy, but I see it as a part of the experience that I can only get better. ''

Yet Byrne made ​​only Saturday at home against FC Twente debut . He got into the preparation injuring his ankle. When he recovered it, a thigh injury kept him the first games on the side . ,, I wanted the team to help, but could do nothing. And meanwhile, we lost a lot of games with big numbers , '' sighs Byrne.
    ,, PSV - off marked the level that I want to get every week. I felt I was better in the race than the midfielders PSV . I do not mean arrogant , but I'm confident and that requires a professional footballer. I want not only the best player Cambuur , but are quite the Eredivisie. And I truly believe that I can. ''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He came off after 63 minutes in a 3-3 draw away to Utrecht on Saturday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Once this campaign is settled, we should call this lad up and have a look at him.
    He obviously has something about him, lets get him out of the u21s before noel king falls out with him!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Quick list of the youngest players in third placed sides across this qualifying campaign using current standings:

Turkey- 20
    Israel- 20
    Ukraine- 22
    Slovenia- 21
    Hungary- 19
    Sweden- 22
    Croatia- 19
    Albania- 21

Might be a bit soon for our Jack but he definitely ought to be considered for the next campaign. If we fail to qualify then the next round of friendlies would be ideal. If we qualify then those friendlies will be restricted to those travelling to France so he might have to wait to be blooded.

Whilst the average of our squad hasn't decreased under MON, I think it's worth bearing in mind that Christie, Brady and Hendrick have really established themselves in the squad (and the latter pair in the starting line-up) under his tenure. And, in fairness, there hasn't been anyone jumping out of the under-21 set-up demanding senior inclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    If we fail to qualify then the next round of friendlies would be ideal. If we qualify then those friendlies will be restricted to those travelling to France so he might have to wait to be blooded.
    If we fail to qualify then I'd hope to see a big over-haul of our squad preferably with a new management team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    If we fail to qualify then I'd hope to see a big over-haul of our squad preferably with a new management team.
    I don't think we have enough depth to talk about "a big over-haul of our squad" - right now, we can only hope that enough of our younger players have good seasons that we can cover for the players who could potentially retire before the next campaign - Given, Forde, O'Shea, McShane, Whelan, Hoolahan, Keane, Doyle, Walters, Murphy

I wouldn't even necessarily change the management team if we fail to qualify - remember that we limped into the play-offs for the 1998 World Cup, where we lost and threw away a great chance to qualify automatically for Euro 2000 before going out in the play-offs and still kept Mick McCarthy and we know what happened a couple of years later.

When you analyse how this group has turned out, we haven't done so bad thus far - I mean it was a tougher group than we would have liked, with the World Champions, a very decent Polish side, a resurgent Scottish side and a major banana skin in Georgia and here's how we've done:
    - We battled hard to snatch a very creditable away draw against Germany
    - We dominated Poland in the second half in Dublin, and probably deserved to win, hitting the post twice before getting our late equaliser
    - OK, our results against Scotland were a little disappointing, but we're roughly evenly matched with them and those games could have gone either way
    - We got our full six points against a tricky Georgian side, which Scotland failed to do under Gordon Strachan, who Martin O'Neill has been unfavourably compared to on this forum.

So if we do get into the play-offs, but go out to a decent side, I would be willing to give O'Neill another bite at the cherry
    Last edited by samhaydenjr; 06/10/2015 at 9:08 PM.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I can't see the likes of Hoolahan, Murphy & McShane retiring. Especially Wes having just got a regular place in the squad.
    I think out of the names you mentioned, Given, Forde, O'Shea, Keane & Doyle are the most likely. I'd hate to see Walters retire.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    I can't see the likes of Hoolahan, Murphy & McShane retiring. Especially Wes having just got a regular place in the squad.
    I think out of the names you mentioned, Given, Forde, O'Shea, Keane & Doyle are the most likely. I'd hate to see Walters retire.
    I think I jumped the gun on McShane as he's only 29 yet. You may be right on Hoolahan and hopefully he can keep his late-blooming career going at his current level, but on the other hand he will be 34 when qualifiers start and 36 when the finals tournament start and that might be a bit much for a player who seems to rely a lot on movement in his play. But even if both of them and Walters stay on, we're going to struggle to replace the others with youngsters coming through (although there are a few), so while there will be a bit of an overhaul of the squad come next September, it will be more an overhaul of necessity not choice and we have to cross our fingers that we have three or four real breakthroughs this season just to maintain the current level of quality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    601 Posts
    Just to get back to Jack, he played 63 minutes on Saturday as Cambuur drew 1-1 with Roda JC. Not entirely sure how he did as this is the Google translate of his only mention on the club's game report:

"After half time the teams were unchanged from the dressing rooms and the game picture remained unchanged. Cambuur had many violations needed to stay afloat. This is among other things led to Jack Byrne at the beginning of the second half was hurled on the receipt." Does this mean he was thrown forward, was fouled, or offered as payment for Cambuurs "many violations"? I don't know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,595 Posts
    Jesus, it's like reading a Paul O'Shea review of an Irish game!!

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Ah, the days!! I used to do things like that to keep tabs on Wavey Davey Connolly when he was at Excelsior.... Back when I had time.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SetantaSports/st...26976535572480

Byrne's words ringing true somewhat this evening.

EDIT: Quite funny to underage international Jack Tuite with this: https://twitter.com/JackTuite2/statu...33069806657536

In all the hysteria of tonight's result, twitter is really providing an outlet for some of our underage players to express delighted and it's great to see.

See also recent England international and current Irish underage international Connor Ronan:https://twitter.com/ConnorRonan10/st...22339933978624
    Daniel Cleary: https://twitter.com/DanoCleary/statu...16566587785216
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 08/10/2015 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,595 Posts
    The Trevor Sinclair Twitter page tonight made me pine for what might have been once upon a time...

https://mobile.twitter.com/trevor8sinclair?lang=en

(worth a visit just for the Carlton Cole retweet hahahaha)

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,595 Posts
    What's that about?

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast