Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Byrne (M Shamrock Rovers b.1996)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Tyreke Wilson at City, injured at the moment, but highly rated. U17 captain Lee O'Connor is playing well at United's academy by all accounts. Although they're not a "CL regular" these days!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Was there an actual offer from Heerenveen or was that just speculation in that Sun article? They're going pretty well in the Dutch league, no guarantees he'd have seen much game time. Hopefully he will at Wigan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He needs to rebuild a little bit. Getting relegated to League One with Wigan didn't do James McClean any harm and he was at a far more critical juncture (granted a little more proven too). Once he nails down his place I'll be happy enough for now.
    Yeah I have to say I agree with this. It is good for him to have some certainty and a manager that sees him as part of long term plans and not just a loan arrangement.

The one caveat I'd place on that optimism would be that it's hard to think that a relegation fight in the Championship will be the best showcase for his talents. Hopefully it will be the making of him. He's still young enough to have a terrific career.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I'm very dubious of the move, and if as said above he turned down Heerenveen only to turn up at Wigan then that's poor advice or decision making, or both. Its all in the hands of his manager now till he gets established, its imperative that guy keeps his job and hopefully a by product of that will be staying in that division. Good luck to him, though. That's O'Hanlon & Byrne now both moved on without ever coming near first team at their sides, I suppose McAuley is our only other guy presently on the horizon at a regular CL side is he ?
    Define on the horizon?! McAuley is only 16/ 17 and hasn't even played for the Liverpool u23 yet which in itself is full of young lads, not to mention the like of Woodburn in first team squad.

Wigan is a ok move. If Byrne is good enough in training he will get a chance and then it is up to him to take it.

There is no conspiracy against Irish players and the opportunities they get , as some ( not you) think on here

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    Define on the horizon?!
    On the horizon ... doing well in his age group to an extent that gives, albeit usually misplaced and inevitably false, hope, and in a fashion that has people speaking highly of his ability and chances presently ..... on the horizon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Byrne says James McClean played a big role in his decision to join Wigan: http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/ar...y-3549387.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Byrne
    It’s been a long day but I’m delighted to get it over the line and I’m looking forward to getting started under Warren.

He played a huge part in me joining this club. His record at Manchester United speaks for itself and when I spoke to him I got a really good feel for the club.

I moved over to Manchester City when I was only 15 and I enjoyed a loan spell over in Holland the year before last. I went to Blackburn Rovers earlier this season now but I’m here now and I’m happy.

I know James McClean very well and I spoke to him before coming here. He couldn’t speak highly enough of the club and he gave me a good feel when I spoke to him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Not in the squad for tonight's game. Probably not match fit?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They haven't included any of their nine new signings in the first 11 so some of them had to miss out off the bench. They're on a three game winning run in the league so I guess he doesn't want to tinker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Wiggie have 20 games in 14 weeks coming up and Jack is sure to feature in a tremendous amount of them according to reports.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Although I'm underwhelmed by this move, I think Byrne could have fun with this team. They really did a lot right vs SWFC and more control of the ball in the middle and final third would have paid dividends.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Any word on why he hasnt been involved since the move, has he been injured?
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    no idea, but I did notice that there's no mention of him on their website since the transfer announcement, and an interview the day later.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Too early to write him off yet but can help but feeling that he is going to be looked on as too small for English football, or some crap like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    This is the concern definitely, and hopefully he isn't Conor Cliffords age before he changes course if it starts going arseways. Meanwhile, Heerenveen are still in with a shout of Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Or Wes, who was in his late 20s before he was given any credit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Asked this before but do we know if that Heerenveen link was actually a real thing? It sucks if he's not injured and still not even making the Wigan bench, even at this early stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Seems to come across as a good fella so Id be surprised if its an attitude problem with him like so many other young lads ( not working hard enough in training etc). I just think players like him can been seen too much of a luxury player in the lower divisions of English football so a move to the Continent would from the outside seem to be what he should have gone after.

Then again, he could be a little ****** to deal with and drinkin every second night of the weeks, so who knows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Byrne View Post
    That’s part of the reason why I came here and didn’t go back to Holland. I had options in France, I had options in Israel, I had options everywhere. Maybe people don’t know me that well in England, but because I played in Europe, a lot of people know me around Europe.”
    Don't know which clubs in truth but from joining Blackburn to be in MONs plans to his present Wigan predicament is a real test of his belief, and good luck to him - http://www.the42.ie/jack-byrne-turne...56638-Jul2016/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Self belief, tenacity and the ability to overcome hurdles would seem to be what Byrne needs now. From the interviews I have read and watched, he seems to be someone who has the qualities and outlook to do everything in his power to be his best. Will be an interesting and hopefully successful journey to observe.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    Wiggie have 20 games in 14 weeks coming up and Jack is sure to feature in a tremendous amount of them according to reports.
    Wiggie ? Have you got the English habit of seemingly just having every nickname ending in ie or y ? In our club we had a "Lardars*, Biggles, Sumo, Anto (of course), CaptNemo, P'Oh, Bushy, Twinkle, Chucker, Hector (name was John), Big Al etc etc - not one had a Y added to his surname. If you ever hear Morgan talking about the English cricket team, it's Cooky, Belly (no pun there), Rooty, Halesy, Stokesy....totally devoid of imagination.

Anyway, I hope Byrnesy gets more game time soon.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast