Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Fahey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Keith Fahey

For those of you who don't know much about him or doubt his talent, he'll be live on RTE2 from 5 this evening.

Watch as he runs the midfield show

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    He clearly should be in the Irish squad.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    What team does he play for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    What team does he play for?
    Probably Arsenal, Man U, or Chelsea right? Surely he must if he should play above the Reids, Andrews, Treacy, Miller, Carsley, Delap, Lawrence, Whelan, etc., etc.

Oh wait he plays for St. Pats

He's a fine player, but until he makes the move across the water or some of our many midfielders playing in the EPL and CCC fall off he won't make the team. Its the said truth about the LoI.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 30/09/2008 at 2:21 AM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    Probably Arsenal, Man U, or Chelsea right? Surely he must if he should play above the Reids, Andrews, Treacy, Miller, Carsley, Delap, Lawrence, Whelan, etc., etc.

Fahey can pass a ball better than all of them except Andy Reid.

Delap had his chance,and did sfa,Andrews has done nothing to date at Blackburn(he could do with bulking up)Treacy does he even play senior football??

He will run the show,tomorrow against better players than,the ones you named.

Miller,another underachieving player does he even get his game??
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 30/09/2008 at 2:30 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Forward this thread to anyone who disputes that Skyreland fans are ignorant about football.

Fahey is actually too good for Skyreland and the Premiership in that neither have any use for classical playmakers. He'd probably be plonked on the right wing and touch the ball about twice (although he could still win games with his set-pieces alone.)

No way is Andy Reid a better passer of the ball. Andy Reid is just the fat man's Wes Hoolahan.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Forward this thread to anyone who disputes that Skyreland fans are ignorant about football.

Fahey is actually too good for Skyreland and the Premiership in that neither have any use for classical playmakers. He'd probably be plonked on the right wing and touch the ball about twice (although he could still win games with his set-pieces alone.)

No way is Andy Reid a better passer of the ball. Andy Reid is just the fat man's Wes Hoolahan.
    Very true,as Trapp said "the ball is always in the air in the EPL"
    OK,i should have said maybe,yea Reid is a joke actually,for a professional footballer.
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 30/09/2008 at 2:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Charlie View Post
    For those of you who don't know much about him or doubt his talent, he'll be live on RTE2 from 5 this evening.

Watch as he runs the midfield show
    in fairness he can go missing in his fair share of games too. hardly mr. reliable though a good player nonetheless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Trap has seen him play, and isn't even trying him out against Nottingham Forest I guess. I doubt will see him soon (read the last line of my above post)
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Trap has seen him play, and isn't even trying him out against Nottingham Forest I guess. I doubt will see him soon (read the last line of my above post)
    Trap seen him once.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Trap saw him once.

in fairness he was very good against Hertha in the first round. What happened the EL forum, is it now the Premier and 1st division one? How are tickets selling for tonights game is it going to be a sell-out?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Won't be a sell out. Irish peole just don't care about Irish teams.

6,000 expected according to radio this morning. I thought it'd be about half that with the kick off time etc

(Oh and the error above should've been followed by a (sic) as I was replying to "Trap has seen him" above. I know how you like to be correct on these matters POS)
    ---

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

He's a fine player, but until he makes the move across the water or some of our many midfielders playing in the EPL and CCC fall off he won't make the team. Its the said truth about the LoI.
    In the same way as many on here were stating that Roy O'Donovan was a fine player and the best by a distance in the EPL last season? Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

Or possibly as fine a player as Alan Bennett? Yes that same Alan Bennett who was never good enough to get break into the Reading first team and was quickly loaned out to lower league teams where he still looked shockingly bad.

Or maybe as fine as Jason Byrne? Yes that same Jason Byrne that couldn't break into the Cardiff first team and was promptly sold on at the first opportunity.

Perhaps even as fine as Dave Mooney. Yes that same Dave Mooney, ah f**k it you know the rest.

The only quality player that has come from the EPL in recent years is Doyle. The rest have in rare cases at best been very average (Murphy) or more generally been complete sh*t (see above).

Keith Fahey me balls.
    Last edited by youngirish; 30/09/2008 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Funny how you use first team football as the barometer to slate the others yet describe a premiership regular like Murphy as average.

O'Donovan was ****e (always said it). He's quick though and that goes a long way in our league. Byrne is a poor footballer with a knack for scoring (never going to be good enough outside this league). Bennett wasn't in top 6/7 centre halves in Ireland. Mooney's not great either IMO but at leat give him a bit fo time. Its a fairly big step up so I think its too early to write him off.

Fahey's a better passer of the ball then ANYONE in the Irish squad. He has loads of faults though (like most Irish players) but the aboive who said he goes missing in games is just plain lying. If anything he tries too hard sometimes and not everything he tries works out for him. I wouldn't pick him in my Ireland squad

BTW Ireland legend Joe O'Cearuill is our 5th choice centre half.
    ---

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Funny how you use first team football as the barometer to slate the others yet describe a premiership regular like Murphy as average.
    Getting into the first team is the first measure of any footballer's success. However even if he's in the first team that doesn't necessarily mean he's good. He has to be performing consistently at a good level.

Anyway Murphy hasn't been a regular in the first team for Sunderland this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    In the same way as many on here were stating that Roy O'Donovan was a fine player and the best by a distance in the EPL last season? Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

Or possibly as fine a player as Alan Bennett? Yes that same Alan Bennett who was never good enough to get break into the Reading first team and was quickly loaned out to lower league teams where he still looked shockingly bad.

Or maybe as fine as Jason Byrne? Yes that same Jason Byrne that couldn't break into the Cardiff first team and was promptly sold on at the first opportunity.

Perhaps even as fine as Dave Mooney. Yes that same Dave Mooney, ah f**k it you know the rest.

The only quality player that has come from the EPL in recent years is Doyle. The rest have in rare cases at best been very average (Murphy) or more generally been complete sh*t (see above).

Keith Fahey me balls.
    Is this your opinion or the voice of the Burnley fans forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Anyway Murphy hasn't been a regular in the first team for Sunderland this season.
    He's played every game for them this season AFAIK
    ---

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.
    While I appreciate that facts aren't really a massive part of your argument Roy O'Donovan has had 4 starts and come off the bench at the weekend for Dundee United. They've played 7 games and he wasn't yet there when the SPL kicked off. So 5 is nearly a dozen now is it? But yet he can't get near the team?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    While I appreciate that facts aren't really a massive part of your argument Roy O'Donovan has had 4 starts and come off the bench at the weekend for Dundee United. They've played 7 games and he wasn't yet there when the SPL kicked off. So 5 is nearly a dozen now is it? But yet he can't get near the team?
    A tip for the future if you're going to try (the important word here is try) to be clever and pull someone up over a slight irregularity in their facts (in the context of the overall argument) at least make sure that your own stated facts are sound. He has played 6 games not 5 and he was at Dundee Utd there when the SPL started.

Don't look so smart now do you? Feel a bit stupid? Now go and stand at the back of the classroom with your face to the wall.
    Last edited by youngirish; 30/09/2008 at 11:22 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He's played every game for them this season AFAIK
    He hasn't started a league game in over a month. Only been used as a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Is this your opinion or the voice of the Burnley fans forum?
    We speak with one voice.

Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast