Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 581 to 597 of 597

Thread: Jack Byrne (M Shams b.1996)

  1. #581
    Seasoned Pro passinginterest's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tallaght
    Posts
    4,431
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    426
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    416
    Thanked in
    259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I dont think he is good enough, but I'm just starting to wonder is there off field issues? Why is no one looking to sign him? It's a very real concern, it might be nothing of course.
    Maybe because he's a homebird, who isn't in a hurry to go away again and clubs have been made aware? He seems to have had a really hard time mentally in the last few years he was away, if he's home and happy and values that more than money and career advancement could anyone really blame him?

    I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move at the end of the domestic season, and I'd be amaze if an agent couldn't get him a championship side if he really wanted it. He's probably more suited to playing somewhere like Holland again though and you'd have to think he has some sort of links and reputation there after performing solidly previously. I do get the feeling he's just in a good place at home though and he's not in any hurry to jump into a move away again.

    I'm married to someone who could be offered the Euro millions jackpot tomorrow but if she was told she'd have to move away to claim it and wouldn't be able to see her family for weeks on end I can absolutely guarantee she'd turn it down. Home and family can be an unbelievably strong draw for some, especially if they've had a traumatic experience away.

    Tallaght Stadium Regular

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #582
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    620
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    315
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post

    I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move at the end of the domestic season, and I'd be amaze if an agent couldn't get him a championship side if he really wanted it. He's probably more suited to playing somewhere like Holland again though and you'd have to think he has some sort of links and reputation there after performing solidly previously. I do get the feeling he's just in a good place at home though and he's not in any hurry to jump into a move away again.
    His agent is former Ireland international Graham Barrett I think

  4. #583
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,308
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Maybe because he's a homebird, who isn't in a hurry to go away again and clubs have been made aware? He seems to have had a really hard time mentally in the last few years he was away, if he's home and happy and values that more than money and career advancement could anyone really blame him?

    I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move at the end of the domestic season, and I'd be amaze if an agent couldn't get him a championship side if he really wanted it. He's probably more suited to playing somewhere like Holland again though and you'd have to think he has some sort of links and reputation there after performing solidly previously. I do get the feeling he's just in a good place at home though and he's not in any hurry to jump into a move away again.

    I'm married to someone who could be offered the Euro millions jackpot tomorrow but if she was told she'd have to move away to claim it and wouldn't be able to see her family for weeks on end I can absolutely guarantee she'd turn it down. Home and family can be an unbelievably strong draw for some, especially if they've had a traumatic experience away.
    If she does win it can I have the Money ?

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #584
    Seasoned Pro passinginterest's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tallaght
    Posts
    4,431
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    426
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    416
    Thanked in
    259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    His agent is former Ireland international Graham Barrett I think
    That would make sense, he represents a lot of the Rovers lads and ex league of Ireland players these days as far as I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    If she does win it can I have the Money ?
    It's mine, I'm more than happy to live away and only see her the odd time

    Tallaght Stadium Regular

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #585
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,308
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    If Only Eamonn Dunphy was still in his Prime and had the Hots for Jack ~ ~ ~

    Just think Jack ~ ~ You could have been another of Eamonn Dunphy’s ~ ~ " Not Playing Messiahs "

    You have been spared that Jack Byrne ! ! Praise the Lord ! !

    Old Dunphy would be very unlikely to have the hots for a LOI player mind ! !

  9. #586
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    11,885
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,443
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,684
    Thanked in
    1,957 Posts
    Hi. I think im lost. Was looking for the "Glen Crowe for Ireland" thread and must have took a wrong turn..

  10. #587
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    309
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    "I'm married to someone who could be offered the Euro millions jackpot tomorrow but if she was told she'd have to move away to claim it and wouldn't be able to see her family for weeks on end I can absolutely guarantee she'd turn it down"

    I'm getting this on a t-shirt

  11. #588
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    180
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I'm married to someone who could be offered the Euro millions jackpot tomorrow but if she was told she'd have to move away to claim it and wouldn't be able to see her family for weeks on end I can absolutely guarantee she'd turn it down. Home and family can be an unbelievably strong draw for some, especially if they've had a traumatic experience away.
    You would have to offer me the jackpot to stay if it meant hanging around with my family and old friends.

    Jack Byrne grew up in the North Inner City very close to me and I remember from my youth thinking how the streets were paved with gold.
    Last edited by youngirish; 02/10/2020 at 4:49 PM.

  12. #589
    Suspended
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,057
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    893
    Thanked in
    718 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    "I'm married to someone who could be offered the Euro millions jackpot tomorrow but if she was told she'd have to move away to claim it and wouldn't be able to see her family for weeks on end I can absolutely guarantee she'd turn it down"

    I'm getting this on a t-shirt
    WHat kind of t-shirt will it be? A wedding dress?

  13. #590
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,797
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,170
    Thanked in
    3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In fairness, a Fifpro survey for me trumps a random punter claiming extra knowledge because he's in the terraces each week.

    Now if the Fifpro survey included First Division players (and I don't know if it does or not), then you've a valid counter-argument against it as the FD would certainly skew the results towards part-time players.

    Edit - in fact, read the article (duh)...

    It does include First Division players. In 2016 (when the survey dates from), the PD/FD split was 12 v 8 teams. So if you assume the players were split accordingly, and that all the FD players had second jobs, the report is saying that 40% of PD players also have second jobs. Which is still a lot.

    If Limerick - splashing the cash in the FD that year - had some full-time players, then that would reduce the number of PD full-timers.
    A Fifpro survey from four years ago doesn't have any relevance to now. Right now, most players in the league are full time, don't work other jobs and for the most part train during the day. There's a few reasons for that but the numbers of professionals have gone up quite significantly in the past few years.

  14. #591
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,797
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,170
    Thanked in
    3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    You mean go to games?
    Only home games, still working on my YBIG credentials.

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #592
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,797
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,170
    Thanked in
    3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    I follow the League of Ireland too, way to have a superiority complex about it though. I'm just not incredibly biased towards it. The FIFPro survey trumps you I'm afraid.

    I'm glad you seem to know every team and player personally to know their arrangements.
    I'm not saying it to have a superiority complex, I'm saying it because you seem to be basing your knowledge off google. Of the 10 Premier Division clubs, eight of them train during the day, which precludes most supplementary work. The other two, as Nigel pointed out with Harps, have a large number of players who also do nothing but get paid to play football. I know there are players who still work outside of football but it's a small number. In fact, there are plenty of players who will drop down to the First Division or lower so they can keep their day jobs because it is no longer feasible to do both.

  17. #593
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,588
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,204
    Thanked in
    1,961 Posts
    He's linked in a FIFA survey of LoI players, which you've dismissed for no reason at all (I've already responded to Nigel who tried to dismiss it for being four years old) while insisting that you know better just because, it seems, you watch the games.

    I don't think your argument is reasonable here.

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #594
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,797
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,170
    Thanked in
    3,274 Posts
    Fine, I'll drop out of the discussion. The vast majority don't have second jobs but no point arguing the point.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #595
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,588
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,204
    Thanked in
    1,961 Posts
    In fairness, you never really entered the discussion.

    Your sum contribution is -

    You can continue saying Jack Byrne is playing against part-timers and it will continue not being true.
    Just your opinion.

    I'm sure your sources are fantastic but some of us actually follow the League of Ireland.
    I can understand where the superiority complex accusation came from reading this.

    A Fifpro survey from four years ago doesn't have any relevance to now.
    It really does, for reasons that have been discussed on the thread.

    So in effect, you've just waded in, made a claim, given no back-up for it whatsoever, and then gone into a strop when people have challenged that with actual evidence (ie Fifpro)

    Those making the case on the part-time nature of the LoI may still be wrong of course - but at least they're trying to enter into a discussion. Your position is that you're right, and any evidence to the contrary must be wrong.

    That's not a discussion.

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #596
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    811
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Heard from a reliable source that he's been offered a contract with a Cypriot team. The fella said it's the club where Mick is.

  24. #597
    Suspended
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,057
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    893
    Thanked in
    718 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In fairness, you never really entered the discussion.

    Your sum contribution is -


    Just your opinion.


    I can understand where the superiority complex accusation came from reading this.


    It really does, for reasons that have been discussed on the thread.

    So in effect, you've just waded in, made a claim, given no back-up for it whatsoever, and then gone into a strop when people have challenged that with actual evidence (ie Fifpro)

    Those making the case on the part-time nature of the LoI may still be wrong of course - but at least they're trying to enter into a discussion. Your position is that you're right, and any evidence to the contrary must be wrong.

    That's not a discussion.
    Well said.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/02/2020, 9:40 PM
  2. Jack Byrne nominated for RTE personality of the year
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29/11/2019, 4:03 PM
  3. RTE: Jack Byrne ready to step in against Denmark
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15/11/2019, 11:10 AM
  4. RTE: Jack Byrne named player of the year
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/11/2019, 12:20 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20/03/2019, 4:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •