Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Byrne (M Shamrock Rovers b.1996)

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Why don't you say it like you see it Diggs ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Also if you look a kelly and Byrne play. They are miles apart.
    yep, one's in reading and the other in wigan...

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    "Top 3 young players in holland" then why was he in the worst team in holland and when they went down why didnt psv or ajax sign him from city
    <MOD EDIT - LANGUAGE>
    PSV and Ajax are not in the habit of signing players from Man City.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Wigan Today describes Byrne as one of the 'big hitters' missing from the Wigan team presently. I know there is a bit of local propaganda happening here, but at least, it is not negative.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foot...ight-1-8652810

Cook used basically the same team that played against Liverpool at Southport last night with none of the big hitters playing. Don't know why.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Wigan Today describes Byrne as one of the 'big hitters' missing from the Wigan team presently. I know there is a bit of local propaganda happening here, but at least, it is not negative.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foot...ight-1-8652810

Cook used basically the same team that played against Liverpool at Southport last night with none of the big hitters playing. Don't know why.
    None of the big hitters playing is probably down to one of two reasons i.e. they are angling for a move in which case Cook doesn't see the point in using them in pre-season or else they are injured. I'm guessing Byrne is in the latter category.

On a side note I love how fickle supporters can be. For example after drawing 1-1 with Liverpool at weekend Wigan fans were talking about how they would walk League 1 but after drawing with a non league side last night it's all 'same old ****e' . Don't you just love it!!! Ps Noel Hunt is training with Wigan at the moment and judging by Omar Bogle's performance last night he might get a chance. Also rumour that Bogle could be replaced by Eoin Doyle of Preston.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    This doesn't look good: http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foot...cook-1-8676959
    Cook and Latics rounded off a ‘difficult’ week - in which Max Power, Omar Bogle and Jack Byrne were removed from the first-team squad and made available for transfer - with a 1-1 draw at Grimsby on Saturday. in their final pre-season friendly.

He did, however, confirm that Power, Bogle and Byrne were out of his plans at least until the end of the transfer window. “We won’t be seeing them at the minute, no,” Cook admitted. “The transfer window is what it is. “If the window was to close, and they are still at the club, then we would have to look at it again in a different light. “But for the rest of the window, the lads will be away from the rest of the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    So disappointing, thought this guy would be the real deal. He is going down the Conor Clifford route now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    So disappointing, thought this guy would be the real deal. He is going down the Conor Clifford route now.
    Work for his agent to do. I think we said a few weeks ago that he needed an upwardly mobile Championship club or a return to Holland.
    I think he can be the real deal but his next move is critical. He is a proper footballer from what I've seen of him. He needs the chance to play in a team that plays it on the floor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    I think I read that Graham Barrett is his agent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Problem is he has no real experience in the championship, so who is going to take a punt on another failed academy graduate - both blackburn and wigan have basically said he is not good enough. Please god saint mick will take him to Ipswich or I can see him dropping down the leagues

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    Problem is he has no real experience in the championship, so who is going to take a punt on another failed academy graduate - both blackburn and wigan have basically said he is not good enough. Please god saint mick will take him to Ipswich or I can see him dropping down the leagues
    You should have said he was not bad enough to play for Blackburn/Wigan. At Rover's he was jettisoned as a luxury because he actually had a bit of creativity about him and sought to play the ball on the deck. Who's approach finally worked out, his or Owen Coyle's? And when Mowbary came it was a case of deja Vu. At Wigan he arrived again to a relegation haunted team. None of the above circumstances were condusive to the development of a ball playing midfielder and the nurturing of an understanding with his team mates. Time for him to go back to Holland I would think. I feel he has the drive and desire to succeed in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I think a really sensible move would be to someone like Cork and really enjoy a solid year of first team football to regain confidence.
    With so many Championship teams keeping an eye on the league at the minute, it could be the perfect shop window for him.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I think a really sensible move would be to someone like Cork and really enjoy a solid year of first team football to regain confidence.
    With so many Championship teams keeping an eye on the league at the minute, it could be the perfect shop window for him.
    An excellent idea.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    If I am interpreting this article correctly, Byrne is angling to leave Wigan and this is why he has been banished to training with the U18s like Power. I only mention this has maybe he has not completely lost confidence or ability, just looking for another fresh start.

https://www.balls.ie/football/jack-b...-future-370372

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    As usual, balls.ie have taken the quotes from the wigan today article I linked above, and added nothing
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Sorry Tets, just trying to find a positive angle in a worrying situation for Byrne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Rule of thumb for balls "articles", take out the quotes, tweets and Instagram photos, and read what's left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I think I read that Graham Barrett is his agent?
    He's in trouble so.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Maybe we should stop looking at this through green tinted glasses and consider Byrne is not as good as we would like him to be? Surely managers and coaches at both Blackburn and Wigan who have been assessing him on a daily basis over the last two seasons are best placed to make a judgement?

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
    Maybe we should stop looking at this through green tinted glasses and consider Byrne is not as good as we would like him to be? Surely managers and coaches at both Blackburn and Wigan who have been assessing him on a daily basis over the last two seasons are best placed to make a judgement?
    Sadly that is the most likely scenario . If you are good enough most managers will play you and if you are good enough and not playing then there will be plenty of managers and clubs looking to bring you in.....

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast